- Week long stay in May '12 using a friend's exchanged time share; 2 bedroom villa in Phase II
My stay here was great and I would definitely return. The room was spacious, clean, and the staff was very professional and friendly. The market downstairs was perfect -- it provided almost all of our groceries and drinks.(We did venture to WalMart for a bigger selection--the bus ride there was a little long, though.) We tried the hotel's restaurant (awesome quesadillas & wings) and the Mexican restaurant right in front of the Royal Sands (delicious fajitas). Both of the property's pools are gorgeous and relaxing, and the views of the beach are perfect! The drinks at the pool bar weren't THAT great, so I'd suggest spiking them a little (lol). The location is a little ways from downtown, but this gives it a more secluded feel. The bus stop is right outside of the hotel and takes you to all the shopping areas and clubs for only a couple pesos. We booked various activities through the Royal Sand's Sports Desk and had a great time jet skiing, parasailing, driving speedboats & snorkeling.
Sidenote: Phase II's lobby had a constant aroma circulating throughout the space, and it smelled soo good! It was very therapeutic during check-in, check-out, and account handling.
A Coco Bongo employee comes around the beach/pool area and registers guests for tickets and roundtrip transportation to the club...if you see her, sign up! We got a nice deal, including open bar, and danced the night away at this Cancun hotspot. We also visited Senor Frogs and a few other bars in the downtown area. Definitely a fun time.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- The Royal Sands Hotel
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Royal Sands
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The jewel in the crown of the Royal Resorts Cancún collection, The Royal Sands has a truly regal beachfront setting, five-star amenities and everything you need for Royal Relaxation. The architectural design of this beachfront resort means that all 340 villas have ocean views with breathtaking vistas of picture-perfect white sands and the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. The Royal Sands is located a stone's throw from Kukulcan Plaza shopping mall and a short walk from La Isla Shopping Village.Leave your cares behind as you indulge in some Spa time. Take the plunge and enjoy Cancun's water sports, The Royal Sands Marina is opposite the resort on the shores of the lagoon. Relax poolside, play tennis and enjoy a tempting array of dining choices, theme nights and live entertainment with something different every night of the week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.