We bought a unit in 2005. I have traded my week in the past to see other parts of the world as I have kids and I feel it's important that they experience different parts of it. But every time we go somewhere else we love to come back here. It's quiet and relaxing and if your in the mood to ramp it up it's a quick bus trip down the hotel zone to let it loose. I'm not going to go on about the place as other have taken care of that except for the addition of. If you never seen the place decorated for Christmas with the lights and Christmas tress your missing out. What I did find out out about is the All Inclusive plan. Members and there guest are not and will not be required to purchase it. Also if you are a member and you rent your unit they are also not required to purchase the All Inclusive as they are considered your guest . As i sat down with a person at The Royal Sands he explained this. "As a owner do you think it is fair that others rent units or exchange into units from places with much lower levels of service for the same privileges that you as a owner pay your price for? " This made sense to me as I thought back to before i was a owner and renting weeks for 300 - 500 dollars a week which is much less than the cost of a regular hotel room in Cancun. You know there is a greater value in a location like Cancun because of what you can get for exchanging the lockout portion of your unit anywhere else. Also The Royal Resorts are more afraid of people renting the units at low cost to spring breakers who will just sit around and party and not take care of the place. During week 47 I saw only 3 couple with wristbands marking them as using the all Inclusive.
I feel good right now as to what they are doing with the all inclusive at the Royal sands to keep it as the peaceful slice of family heaven we have currently. I dont know if it solves all problems but it is nice to see they are trying things for us members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a breathtaking beach location, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for a week of Royal relaxation.The Royal Sands® sits at the center of Cancun’s spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other creature comforts with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Royal Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun