Purchased the lock off unit at Phase II from a member for this stay. We stayed Dec. 22-29 and had a great Christmas holiday there. The room was awesome w/an awesome view of the sea and Phase II pool area. Lock off unit has 2 double beds, safe, small fridge, closet, and bath of course. This was our 2nd stay at the Sands and found that staying in Phase II was much better for us. It is less crowded than the Phase I side. Even more room at the pool on this side and the beach. Much easier to find a chair and space on the beach in front of the II side. We pretty much ate at the hotel restaurant, bar, or Pacos Tacos at the Royal Islander every night except one. The food at the bar Sidelines is great. We also ate quite a few times down at the Phase II pool bar for lunch. Please note that this hotel has the BEST blackened chicken quesadillas and pepporoni and mushroom pizza in Cancun. The steak quesadillas in the bar are really good too. We never had anything not good at the hotel. Usually we eat out at different restaurants in Cancun, but decided to just relax at the hotel more on this vacation. Make sure to catch Happy Hour everyday from 3-5pm at the pool bars and from 5-7pm in the Sidelines bar. Good time to catch a beer and maybe a game on the big screen in the bar before dinner. Also nice about the Royal hotels is the room key doubles as a charge card for all Royal hotels. So if you want to go to the Islander and eat, all you have to do is give them your room key and they will charge your meal on it and then you pay your bill prior to checkout. Pretty nice when you are down at the beach and don't want to worry about cash or change! Yes, the beach is eroding away again and there are rocks exposed out in front of the hotel, BUT the majority of the beach is still awesome and not rocky (see my pis). The on site grocery store is nice as well. We found that buying bottled water and beer there is the same price as the OXO down the street. Overall enjoyed our stay once again. The service is excellent, the room and grounds are kept super clean and the location right next to one mall and 2 blocks from another is superb. What else can you ask for?? Feel free to email w/questions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands(R), All-Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun