“Just about what we were looking for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive

You added The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive to your Saves list
The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. Kukulcan km 13.5, No. 32, Seccion A, Segunda Etapa | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2 Special Price Tours!
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Just about what we were looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

After a good bit of work researching our options for a five day holiday, my fiance and I settled on the Royal Sands in Cancun, and now reflecting on our vacation, are very pleased with our choice.
Some of the things that we really liked were that the place was very clean and the staff courteous and genuinely friendly. That things quieted down at night and there was no problem of noise interfering with sleep. That the pools were large and well kept and heated to just the right temperature, not too warm or too cold. In March in Cancun heated pools really do seem to be a necessity as the pools would be uncomfortably cold otherwise. The pools at the Royal Islander and the Royal Caribean are also heated.The beach there was excellent, but the water was rough and a bit cold, and few people up and down the beach could be seen in the water even at mid day. There were quite a few children there, as it is a family resort, but at this time of year not so many that the shrieking could become oppressive. Nor were there many Spring Breakers. There were quite a few late middle age and elderly but not enough that it felt like a retirement community. Our room had a great view and we were actually able to take a couple of chairs and table onto the balcony and have our breakfast out there. There is an excellent spa connected to the resort that can be used for $12/day. The two restaurants are convenient ; we enjoyed the Sunday brunch at the Mexican restaurant, whose patrons at that time were mostly locals..

The downsides were that the staff badgered us to get out of our room on Saturday morning even though we weren't to check out until the next day by calling on the phone before 9am to wake us and then knocking and acutally entering the room by 9:20 even though the Do not disturb sign was hanging. There was a repeat performance of this by the staff the following day, our check-out day.
The beds are mediocre at best - soft and small (I actually partially fell out one night) but really not too bad. An upgrade from full size to queen with firmer mattresses would help. There were activities during the day but little to do there at night, so really nightlife is a cab ride or bus ride away. This is easy enough, though it would be easier if there were something to do at night sometimes without having to travel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review. Your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Sands. Thanks for the kind words about the cleanliness of the resort and quality of our staff. It is our top priority to provide our members and guests with world-class service and facilities. It's always nice to read we are doing it right.

I'm sorry about the staff bothering you. I've passed this comment to the resorts management, along with your comment about the beds.

I hope you return to enjoy the Royal Resorts soon. Until then, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Royal Resorts Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Greek first
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

The very noticeable difference was the quality, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. Royal Resorts is one of the best resorts that I have seen.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Sands.

Thanks for the kind words about the resort and our staff. It is our top priority to provide our members and guests with world-class service and facilities. It's always nice to read we are doing it right.

Please let me know if theres anything else I can do for you.

Central Square, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My partner and I were guests of friends at the Sands....We not on ly fell in love with this perfect place...WE BOUGHT OUR OWN WEEK (39) and look forward to be spoiled for the rest of our lives.....Viva Royal Resorts! and thanks.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Member:

I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Sands and fell in love with it. It's hard not to, considering the world-class service and facilities we offer to our members and guests.

I'm very glad to welcome you as a new member of the Royal Resorts family. I'm sure this is an investment you and your family will enjoy for a long time. Now you have your own piece of paradise!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Monclova, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

My first time at this resort, my family and I enjoyed most aspects about our trip to Royal Sands in Cancun. The beach is beautiful, and very well maintained. Most of staff, polite, and very nice ..The activities for kids were spaced out and organized, with things for every age group. The pools were clean, and happy hour at pool was nice. The rooms are clean and spacious, but the tvs and decor could be updated. The Market inside had a good variety of choices and to me prices were slightly higher than a normal, but then again you are at a resort "market'. Food at the restaurants was good, took resort bus to Captains Cove for a nice dinner. Only food at Sidelines the sportsbar was poor, a tasteless cheeseburger and overcooked chicken tenders. The timeshare reps bothered me the first few days, but a firm no..finally stopped them. One day I played a activity called, the Mexican lottery, basically bingo.. as I sat next to Pepe, the host I noticed he was pulling cards from bottom of deck, except for one card he left in his palm, I smirked as I played with all the other long term members knowing ine of them would "win" the prize. Sure enough my card was the bottom card after he reviewed cards left to play after a 10 plus year member won. Would I go back, yes ..my younger children enjoyed the set kid activites and the pools.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Sands. Thanks for the kind words to our hard working staff!

Regarding the "dated" equipment, the Royal Resorts have an annual program to update the resort facilities and villa equipment. These updates are made based on an annual budget and plan, and are carried out gradually. Last year, for example, The Royal Sands got 120 brand new TVs for updating the old TVs in the villas; this year, another big batch of new TVs will be installed in the villas.

Please let me know if theres anything else I can do for you.

Mtount Dora, Florida USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Guests can relax, enjoy beach/pools, excellent food, many activities, professional staff and top security. Close to many different up scale restaurants. Travel services available also a personal concierge, full spa and gym on site. Villas/full kitchen, lockouts/small revfrig & microwave. Housekeeping daily ex Sun.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

I'm glad to read you enjoyed all the services that The Royal Sands offers to our beloved Members and Guests. I hope you come back again soon!

Until next time, please let me know if theres anything else I can do for you.

Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

We have ownership at the Royal Sands and have since 2004. We have a villa every year and another one which is beach front every other year. The years we have two weeks we bring our grown kids and their kids for one of the weeks and the others we save to bring other family and or special friends. The level of service and the attention we receive is second to none. Every single person that works at the resort is like an old friend everytime we return and are that way during our whole trip. I love that I can order groceries before I even arrive and have the makings for a margarita when I walk through the door of my Villa. This is something we look forward to and are excited about every year.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear Royal Resorts Member:

Thank you for being a part of the Royal Resorts family. We value the trust that our members place in us and work hard to provide service and vacation experiences that exceed their expectations.

Also, thanks for the kind words about the resort and our staff. It is our top priority to provide our members and guests with world-class service and facilities. It's always nice to read we are doing it right.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Placitas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We return to this resort every other year and will probably continue to do so for as long as we can travel. We love it, because we feel so pampered by the staff. I always tell people that at this resort, if you were to sneeze, a staff member would appear at once with a tissue for you! it was kind of a joke, but my effort to explain how accommodating I find the staff . This last visit, however, I was there with a terrible cold and was having a cough attack in the outdoor restaurant and indeed a waiter showed up with extra napkins for me!

The rooms are extremely comfortable and there are enough activities in which to partake. If you want quiet, i recommend the rooms in Phase II of the complex, facing the quieter pool. Regardless of what rooms you get, you will have a view of the ocean. This is also true of the sister resorts to this resort. I think they are all a class act offering a great deal of versatility in activities and restaurant choices available to all through their shuttle system.

The area, of course, has many cultural choices available and easily accessible through the resort.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
RR_Community_Manager, Royal Resorts Community Manager at The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
Dear Royal Resorts Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments, they are very important for us and help us serve you better.

I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Sands. Thank you for the kind words towards our staff! It is our top priority to provide our members and guests with a warm, wold-class service. It's always nice to read we are doing it just right, thanks!

Until your next visit, please let me know if theres anything else I can do for you.

Royal Resorts Community Manager

Been to The Royal Sands Resort & SPA All Inclusive? Share your experiences!