“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

You added Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #19 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Cancun
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here for 11 nights. Very friendly staff, excellent facilities and a great hotel with awesome memorabilia. Santos, a waiter in The Market, was extremely friendly and provided a great service every meal!

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Olga L,

Thank you very much for your sweet review, I am so glad to hear that we could Rock your vacation, and happy to hear that you let uspamper you as you deserved, It will be an honor for us at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to welcome you back soon.

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I just returned from the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun yesterday, after a week long stay. The reason my husband and I booked there was because we had stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya in February and loved it. I will start off with.

1. The service was great at the pool. In a couple of the restaurants, The Market and Ciao the service and food were awful. We gave up on a good breakfast at this resort after our third day and just opted to wait for lunch. Room service is okay, if you can get it less than an hour and half wait. We never had that luck, and we ordered at 11 p.m. and later.

2. We payed extra for the golden deluxe room, it was a dump. We had trash in our room at check-in, and the hot never fully worked. We did complain twice and nothing was fixed, they also were unable to give us a different room. The walls are paper thin, you hear everything around you, if the neighbors open or close their door it sounds like yours is caving in. One night we were over the resort, and decided to stay in after 7 p.m. and we had 4 knocks on our door, which made no sense as our fridge was full, our room was clean and turned down. The last knock was at 11:30 p.m. and this worried us as we had no idea what goes on while we aren't in there.

3. Kids everywhere! Teenagers, underage drinking alcohol in the pool. Even the adult pool, which is all of 2 ft deep has children in it. I would never bring my children to this resort, and if this is an adult vacation for you like it was for us, you never escape the children. They are even in the bar area at all hours of the night. The night club is a joke, as it's full of half drunk teenagers.

Last but not least, unplug your phone at night, as the resort staff that tries to get you to join their Hard Rock membership will start calling you every morning at 8:30 am. I complained about this also and was told "they don't call until 8:30 in morning" like this was okay on your vacation.

• Stayed August 2014
Greetings 307travelers,

Thank you for your review, I'm concerned about your appreciation of our resort, we are continuously monitoring the channels where our dear guest post their invaluable opinions,Thank you too for help us to improve those specific areas that need more attention, thats the real importance on feedback.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel is very nice with a nice beach and many pools. However everything is very spread out like pools, restaurants, rooms etc. To cope with this the hotel has a "shuttle service" which is basically a modified golf cart going around picking people up and dropping them off at stops they have around the property. The food was very good but you have to make a reservation if you want to have dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. There were many young people (20-30 year olds) staying at the resort while I was there. The room was also very nice and was something I have never seen before very unique. My favourite part has to be all the really cool rock and roll memorabilia around the main building. They have everything from drum kits to guitars to Madonna's car! The memorabilia definitely made the trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Juan R, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Hi Michael F,

Thank you very much for sharing your awesome experience with us. Now you know how it feels to be a rockstar for the day! It is reassuring to hear that the staff did an awesome job as they are the heart and soul of our resort and they work hard to make our dear rockers feel like diamonds! We hope you come back soon to hang out with the band, here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Bromsgrove, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Just got back from 2 weeks at the Hard Rock Hotel in Cancun and felt we had to share our experience. The place is fantastic and the food and entertainment are great but what really makes this place is the staff. I have never come across a hotel where every single member of staff are polite, helpful and smiling, they all want you to have a brilliant holiday. Special people who made our holiday even better were; Tony, Miguel and Joen at the float bar, they always remember your drinks (even when your husband has had 1 to many and can't remember himself!), Leidi who walks up and down the sun loungers all day taking drinks orders and clearing up, Greene, on the grill in The Market who makes the best chicken tacos, all of the entertainment staff who work so hard and do a fantastic job and last but most definitely not least our wonderful breakfast/lunch waiter Santos who would go out of his way to make sure we got everything we needed and looked after us every single day of our holidays. The corridors are noisy especially when people come back from the nightclub/bar in the early hours of the morning. I hope the Hard Rock Hotel management team realise what an asset their staff are to this rocking hotel. It's not the place to go if you want a quiet holiday (lots of very lively Americans around) and rock music playing all the time but we have had a fantastic time and both our children, aged 12 & 16 loved every single second and are having serious withdrawal symptoms. Would recommend the Rock show in the theatre and the foam party in the pool. Rock bands by the pool were also fantastic.

Dear Tina A,

Thank you very much for your thrilling review, Is my pleasure to read you kind comments about our staff members who rocked your family vacation, it is encouraging to hear your perception of our services and to learn how much you appreciate our rockers.
We can not wait to welcome you again and provide you , with the Rockstar treatment that you deserve.

Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I just arrived back from my trip at hard rock hotel Cancun. I stayed August 10-14 and as I read thru the reviews that have been posted I laugh at everyone's viewpoint and experiences. So here is the really real truth. It's a good hotel. I usually dislike all-inclusive because usually the food looks good but taste bad. This was NOT the case. The rooms were decent sizes. I had the deluxe family suite where a king size room and a double were joined to make one free flowing rooms. The food in every restaurant was good but the Brazilian is the best. We ate there the first night and compared the quality to everything. I wasn't disappointed in the quality of the food at all from the other restaurants. We didn't ever have to wait as we always ate at 530 pm when the restaurants opened. I read one persons comments about having to wait, but if everyone wants to eat at the same time of course there will be a wait time. But it's all inclusive if you get hungry there is always something to eat even if you order room service. Just plan better. By 730 all restaurants were crowded.

For me the biggest thing I had an issue with were the people in the hallway late at night 1230am-4am. Although it's hard rock and some rock hard in the wee hours of the night I really didn't want to hear them while I was trying to sleep. This would have to be my biggest complaint of the hallway noise late at night. I paid too much to hear the loud noise running and laughing late at night. So the quest were very inconsiderate when roaming the halls late at night. The other thing was once you checked in there was another wait to get your hotel resort points activated. After traveling all day and really just wanting to eat and lay down for a few I really didn't want to wait over an hour for someone to give me a 'salespitch' about the attractions and then open up my credit points. Give it to me upon arrival and then let me come to you when/if I'm ready. Otherwise I can just go to the vacation planners. The flow could have been better.

Housekeeping: just ensure whatever towels you take out of the room put them back in or at least ensure the bare minimum are there. Always wet mop the bathroom floor even if you don't always wet mop the bedroom floors.

The activities were awesome! Nothing more to say.

I told some of the staff i would write my comments and it is important to me in giving them recognition and keeping my word. The staff was very professional from the bellman to the coordinators. Everyone ensure that we were pleased with our stay. Surveys were done in wanting to improve their quality. I will admit everything wasn't always 'perfect' but the staff made every imperfect right with my family and our stay. I have to say Orby the bellman showed true leadership every time I needed his service (at least twice there was an issue). He took charge immediately while some others just eased back to let him do it. I asked him if he was a manager and he told me no although he displayed that management quality instantly. Luis from the spa was amazing! My son and I both had pedicures. This was my son's first pedicure and after he had my son's feet looking brand new Royer was able to fit me in with Luis the next day. It was a pleasant experience for my teenage son and I in having a pedi. Miriam in the spa truly knows how to give a great deep tissue massage stretching neck and back. Finally Juan Flores ensure everything was prefect he was in the hotels services department I believe. My mother and I initially did a survey with him. I think we questioned him more than he questioned us. We shared what we felt needed to be improved. He listened, took notes and even followed back with me before I left. I appreciated that! Marbiel in concierge was also helpful.

Overall, I don't care how much money you spend you do want quality for your dollar. I think we can all agree on that. Like I said everything wasn't always 'perfect' but once it was brought to someone's attention it was fixed immediately. For me that's quality. As far as communication if you try and it doesn't work too well find a manger or talk to someone in concierge they are there to make sure your stay is well and to assist where there may be a breakdown in communication if you don't know Spanish well or at all.

Next time I'm looking for an outing/adventure that gives me a taste of Cancun from a Mexican perspective not just from a tourist view. My goal for this trip was to relax, have a great time with my family, stay close to the resort and mentally unwind. I was able to do that and nothing else really mattered. If you are looking to do that and have fun like a rock star then you shouldn't be disappointed with hard rock Cancun. Lol that sounded like a sales pitch. But it wasn't just the 4reallyreal truth about the hotel. It's not perfect but it's satisfying.

Finally, to prove it there was an incident with our van to take us back to the airport the day we left. I told Orby the bellman, he told the driver. Sergio a representative from On Tour (hard rocks shuttle service) was there. They tried to fix the issue but it didn't work out. We ended up riding back to the airport in one of the executive cars and was at the airport in plenty of time. So if there is a problem tell them and they make sure it is fix it as best they can.

• Stayed August 2014
Appreciated 4reallyreal,

Thanks for your sweet and detailed review! I am so pleased to hear that you had such a great time at our resort. I appreciate you shared your vacation experience with us, Also happy to hear that you had an excellent stay despite any circunstance, I want as well to thank you for all the kind remarks about our staff, looking forward to see you on your next visit, we are ready to roll out the red carpet for our cherished rock stars!

Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Is a great place to have fun, eat delicious and relax. I love zen restaurant and the beach is gorgeous. The entertainment was very nice and the attention was exceptional. I totally would love to go again

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Appreciated Jose Luis C,

Thank you ver much for your short and sweet review, is my pleasure to read that you really liked our Rockstar service and our Hard Rock style, now that we have gained your preference we're looking forward to pamper you on your visit and make you feel like a Celebrity.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I went here on a family holiday with 2 boys aged 7 and 11. My initial fears that the hotel may not be family friendly were immediately dispelled, as the kids absolutely loved it. The hotel is loud in the sense that there is constant music in the background, but it was never intrusive and we were never really disturbed by the music or any of the evening activities and the hotel was fairly quiet after 10pm. The staff were great as was the range of food available. All in all we had a fabulous holiday and would definitely go back. A couple of minor gripes. The walls of the rooms are unbelievably thin, so I went to answer the door on numerous occasions only to find that it was another door that was being knocked. Secondly the resort credits are a bit confusing and if I am being cynical only offered as a by product of the hard sell from the staff to visit a new Hard Rock, although I was assured that they would not be trying to sell me a timeshare....needless to say we didn't go, but it was a bit of an uncomfortable experience on the morning after a 10 hour flight.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Greetings Phil186342,

Thank you very much for your review, thank you as well to share your family vacation experience, loved to read how much you liked our rock 'n roll style, also glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay despite any inconvenience, receiving feedback from our guest is how we manage to improve. Thanks again for your comments and feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun? Share your experiences!