I just returned from the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun yesterday, after a week long stay. The reason my husband and I booked there was because we had stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya in February and loved it. I will start off with.
1. The service was great at the pool. In a couple of the restaurants, The Market and Ciao the service and food were awful. We gave up on a good breakfast at this resort after our third day and just opted to wait for lunch. Room service is okay, if you can get it less than an hour and half wait. We never had that luck, and we ordered at 11 p.m. and later.
2. We payed extra for the golden deluxe room, it was a dump. We had trash in our room at check-in, and the hot never fully worked. We did complain twice and nothing was fixed, they also were unable to give us a different room. The walls are paper thin, you hear everything around you, if the neighbors open or close their door it sounds like yours is caving in. One night we were over the resort, and decided to stay in after 7 p.m. and we had 4 knocks on our door, which made no sense as our fridge was full, our room was clean and turned down. The last knock was at 11:30 p.m. and this worried us as we had no idea what goes on while we aren't in there.
3. Kids everywhere! Teenagers, underage drinking alcohol in the pool. Even the adult pool, which is all of 2 ft deep has children in it. I would never bring my children to this resort, and if this is an adult vacation for you like it was for us, you never escape the children. They are even in the bar area at all hours of the night. The night club is a joke, as it's full of half drunk teenagers.
Last but not least, unplug your phone at night, as the resort staff that tries to get you to join their Hard Rock membership will start calling you every morning at 8:30 am. I complained about this also and was told "they don't call until 8:30 in morning" like this was okay on your vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hard Rock Hotel Cancun , we've created the ultimate beachfront celebrity playground and transformed the typical All Inclusive vacation into a Rock Star paradise, which reflects our Mexican setting and cosmopolitan flair. Featuring enhanced facilities and guestrooms the property is located at the heart of Cancun's hotel zone. Hard Rock Hotel Cancun boasts unmatched, all-inclusive luxury accommodations including in-room double hydro spa tubs, fine dining, top-shelf drinks, 24-hour room service, live entertainment and more. The beachfront property also features Hard Rock's signature Rock Star Suite and showcases an extensive collection of authentic memorabilia from international and local music artists, while incorporating diverse music genres throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Jetsetter so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cancun Palace Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Palace Resort
- Palace Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Palace Cancun