“Not as crazy as I thought it would be.. and that's a good thing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

You added Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Price
CINCO DE MY OH MY-40% OFF
Ranked #16 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
New York
“Not as crazy as I thought it would be.. and that's a good thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just came back from my week long stay at the Hard Rock Cancun. Even though it was College Spring Break (of which I was NOT partaking), the hotel was not overrun by 20 year olds at all. In fact, it was a mix of families, couples, small groups of friends and an age range from young to old. It was a mix of everything. I really liked the hotel because it wasn't so big that it takes 10 minutes to get from your room to the pool or beach but not too small that I felt like I was on top of everything. It was a good size. The pool was really nice and although they played dance and fun music during the day and had an activity team to organize both landbased, sand based and water based games, if you didn't want to partake you could situate yourself on the other half of the pool which wasn't as loud or active. It was great mix. The beach is lovely lovely lovely. The rooms are big even with a big jacuzzi and the bed was so comfortable (I wish mine at home was as comfortable). Shower was big and came with a ledge/seat (which I think more hotels should invest in). The hotel itself is a museum of music memorabilia from rock to pop to soul and they are constantly playing great songs throughout the hotel (but it's never too loud and thankfully it's a lot of songs that i rarely get to hear (I am a girl of the alternative 80s). Food is pretty good and they have several specific themed restaurants. I ate at the japanese (smallest sushi ever but pretty tasty and they offer habachi) and italian. They also have a brazilian meat restaurant (ipanema) and a mexican restaurant but we didnt' eat there due to vegetarian and food allergy issues. Heard they were good though. The buffet Marketplace for bfast, lunch and dinner was also good. During they day you can also get coal oven pizza outside near the pool and they set up food stations near the pool for lunch as well. One night when we were there was Mexican night with a dance performance and a food fiesta outside by the pool. A nice surprise. My only negative with the resort is the limited ways to use your "resort credits" and the semi incompetent people at the front desk and concierge. My friend and I asked the concierge for suggestions on where to go at night that wasn't a crazy party scene and a little older.... but since the concierge was only about 22 years old, all she could suggest was party "scenes" like Senor Frogs.. not appropriate. Not what we wanted. The front desk does everything very slowly and seem to always be confused as to who is in charge of doing what when asked a question. It was odd. Also, when we asked someone at the front desk where the medical office was located, instead of just saying "let me show you myself as it can be confusing", said "go up the ramp, at the store make a left, go down the hall, through the doors and down the hall and it will be on the left". They need to work on customer service a lot.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms get sunrise... lagoon rooms get sunset
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan D, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hey Redlionny! Thank you for the rockin’ review. We are delighted that you had a fantastic vacation, despite any inconvenience, and knowing that we met your expectations with our cool style, your suggestions were shared with the crew to make them even cooler for our rockstars! To recharge batteries you definitely knew where to go by visiting Zen, Ciao and Ipanema restaurants, there's truly something for everyone in our rocking resort and were glad that you felt like a true legend of rock.
We look forward to welcome you again and make your next trip to Cancun another true Rock Star story!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a fantastic resort. Great Place, Great Food, Great Resort Credits.
Special thanks to Beach Bum Vacation for the suggestion and assistance in making this trip successful. Thanks to Ms. Solano for taking such good care of our group. The weather we had while at the resort was not so desireable, but the spa was worth our time also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Charlotte I!!! Thanks for your awesome review, were glad to know that you found our resort fantastic and that you liked our restaurants food, Ms. Solano will be very happy to know that her services made a platinum record. We look forward to see you again here at your favorite stage, Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Millbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been a Palace Premier member for 10+ years, and was a little worried when I heard that the Hard Rock was taking over Cancun Palace. From the moment I arrived, I felt like a rock star - they do everything they can to make it the best vacation possible. The restaurants were awesome: Italian restaurant had a great menu and every meal I had there was delicious - especially their goat cheese. The Mexican restaurant was equally amazing - many "tapas" and then the main course was delicious. The Asian restaurant was probably my least favorite, but that's not saying much because it was also great - hibachi table was a good show and sitting at a regular table had a great selection. The new Brazilian Steak House was a brilliant idea - lots of different meats and sides - the rice was amazing and so was the dinner rolls. The lunch and breakfast was amazing - they added jumbo shrimp to their choices which was great! The drinks were very well made, choice of liquor was great, and the service was friendly. The rooms are basically the same as before except for the decor. My ONLY problem with my entire trip was being on the 7th floor right near the elevator because it was noisy when people got off the elevator or slammed their doors. Anything on the 10th, 11th, or 12th floor is perfect (but I was with my sister, and they only have king beds up there for premier members). The excursions we went on were the Jungle Tour (great time - took the fast boat for a spin then went snorkeling - fish were kind of scarce but the experience was still very fun) and we swam with Dolphins (great time as well - but take the bus, save your money from the cab ride). The spa was the same (great) but with different decor - and the Romantic Dinner on the beach was delicious except it was a little windy. Not their fault - but Mexico now requires an 11% sales tax - so if you spend your $1500 free points, you just have to pay that tax (max $160) at the end - I didn't mind. Room service was the best - and I loved all the people there. Panda ( one of the entertainment staff) was good at getting us into the clubs with a VIP table and a lower price.

I will definitely return next year!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are the farthest from the elevator or on the 10th floor and above
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Vanessa K, greeting from the crew at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun! Thank you very much for your awesome review! Like you said Rockstar are our specialty we do the best to given an unforgettable memory. We are thrilled to hear that you loved the food and drink at the various restaurants and bars! We will let Panda know that you thought her service rocked!! Were glad you took advantage of the resort credits and enjoyed several tours and excursions.
We cannot wait to welcome you all again and make your next visit a double hit here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

the competition for your tourist dollar is big in cancun. service is the big player here. was fortunate to have the opportunity to attend a conference at the hard rock hotel cancun, and it was a wonderful experience. the food was very good, the accommodations were very good, and the friendliness and expert staff was exceptional. i had mentioned in passing to the mini bar attendant that i was bummed no cranberry juice in the room fridge. 15 minutes later he knocks with a container of cranberry juice! it's the little things. people there will hold doors, help you carry stuff, have an actual caring for you. and the property is in such a great place on the strip, kukulkan. close to everything. the wifi is at times iffy, but i attribute that to a hotel full of business people, all accessing at once. great jalapenos.

Room Tip: ocean side, obviously, although lagoon side you get the wonderful sunsets.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi danfotoman! Thank you so much for your great review. We are very proud to learn you had an amazing experience with us especially with meals, drinks and accommodations. Your words encourage us to keep delivering superb service. We love to hear that our staff made your vacations great and we will let them know about your great comments.
We hope you will come back again soon. Keep on rockin’.
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock Cancun in December 2012. We needed a getaway without our children but after arriving at the hotel and seeing what they had to offer we wished we had brought our kids. They have a very nice kids club with excellent hours. There was also a show in the outside theater every evening which the kids would enjoy most nights. The rooms were very spacious and there was free wifi and long distance calling which was great for us to stay in touch with our kids.
The staff is excellent. When we were there there was a $1500 resort credit which we used to upgrade our room. We had the room right under the Hard Rock sign on the ocean side of the resort so we had an excellent view of everything. We also enjoyed massages in the spa with our credits. The ladies were great but almost a little too gentle.
We spent most of our time at the pool. The entertainment crew always had some activity going. The water aerobics was fun and they also had trivia and other fun interactive games. Even is you didn't participate it was fun to watch.
Overall we had a great time. I would definitely go back but I would take my kids next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Saludos onmyway76! Thank you so much for choosing this stage. Loved hearing that Resort Credit were a great hit to upgrade your room to a high note with ocean view. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the variety of activities and overall facilities that we have to offer. We are pleased to hear that you felt the warm service from our Spa Staff and want to thank you for your great comments about the Spa staff, its great you have lots of fun and enjoyed the food and the drinks around our pool. Again we appreciate your comments as we hope many other families planning on visiting find them useful as well. We look forward to see you again here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
ALL IS ONE.
Los Angeles, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been a palace member for 5 years, and I felt the need to give some information on the change over from Palace to Hard Rock. I meant to write this months ago, but time got away from me.

On Tour Representative/Nexus - The airport transfer I booked through member services didn't run as smoothly as I would have liked. We were unable to find the rep. but we saw a palace employee and he contacted him for us. Once he found us he was helpful and got us on our way. **Beware of people saying they could help you at the airport when all their trying to do is trying to get you to a meeting.

Hotel- They have done a great job with the remodeling, the hotel looks great. Everyone has to remember its a Hard Rock Hotel so the music is very Rock n Roll and is now more of a party resort. The memorabilia they have is also really interesting. * As a member you still have access to all Palace Resorts in Cancun.

I highly recommend the new Brazilian restaurant. It gets very crowded so go before you get hungry and put your name in, you could always hang out at the bar until your name is called.

Check-in - Check in went smoothly; however we requested an oceanfront room but it wasn't available. I was told that i could check back the next day for openings, on day three they were able to accommodate us, the only downfall was the wifi wasn't as good.

Meeting- The front desk gives you a rep who explains the credit to you, and asks you to attend a meeting. They gave us a good deal on a tour we wanted to do and with all the changes, I don't think attending will be a bad idea.

$1500 credit- There is an 11% fee on the $1500 but that's minimal compared to what you get. The tours have to be booked through vacation planners and Franco is the best. The 11% isn't tagged on, that is billed upon departure. If you are a member you still get the tours to Tulum, Chichen Itza, Islas Mujeres, and the 25 min massage and mani/pedi. The money could be spent on the above if you aren't a member in addition to the spa, jewelry store, wine/tequila tasting, jungle tour, chefs dinner, romantic beach dinner, wine/room upgrades, weddings and zip lines which are mostly for kids, Cancun tour and Paradise Adventure.

We had the romantic dinner on the beach and it was great. The food was good and the weather was beautiful.

One of the new attractions in Cancun is Xplor. It was AMAZING! The amount of activities you are able to do for one price is overwhelming (in a good way). They offer food and drinks all day, they also have wifi in the restaurant. I highly recommend this attraction.

If you're adventurous take a taxi or the bus (picks you up in front of the hotel), to the ADO bus station and take the bus to to Playa de Carmen for $4. It's an hour and twenty minutes away but it has a nice strip with very nice restaurants and upscale shops.

Museo Maya de Cancun- This is a new attraction not too far from the hotel. If you are interested in the Mayan culture this would be a great place for you to visit. The culture and artifacts are really something to see.

Tulum is always a great place to visit. It's nice to see the ruins and also have the breeze of the ocean. If you haven't been I would recommend.

All in all it was an amazing trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear VNESS500, thank you so much for your detailed review. We are overjoyed to know that you felt the charming atmosphere of our resort and feel the exceptional service provided by our Staff. Glad you loved our new and astonishing look with all corners decorated with our unique Memorabilia. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in our restaurants and found Ipanema to be your favorite, were are please that you took advantage of your Resort Credits and took several tours and excursions. What a way to finish your rock star vacations than in a romantic dinner by the beach. You truly had a Rock Star experience and felt the royalty treatment. We cannot wait to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you in your next visit to your favorite spot in Cancun: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Rock on!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our recent stay at Hardrock made us feel welcome special and pampered! The staff and customer service was second to none with a big shout out to Jacob the Mayordomo/Butler on the 12th floor! He was personable, professional, charming and great! He immediately got our needs met, reservations made, problems solved and was 110% helpful!! The food was delicious, the top shelf drinks excellent, the infinity pool is reason enough to go there with the 2 swim up bars and the overall experience makes us want to go back! They had excellent music with a band and dj near the pool as well! Spa, restaurants etc all great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dslo, we are thrilled that you had an amazing vacation and experienced a true rockstar service from Jacob, he will be very happy to hear that you thought his service rocked. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the variety of restaurants, bars, entertainment activities and overall facilities that we have to offer, We look forward to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you many more times here at your favorite stage: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
ALL IS ONE.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun? Share your experiences!