“fun for all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
30% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #25 of 172 hotels in Cancun
San Jose, California
“fun for all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We recently got back from our trip to Hard Rock Cancun. they offer many activities for the family, my kids loved the kids club, its branded with barney and friends so in the afternoon they offer activities with the characters; they also offer a show which is very good choreographed! The food was great, our favorite was the japanese restaurant but the mexican was great also. the mayan coffee is a must!! the rooms very nice--cool decor but comfortable-- i find that sometimes the beauty of the room decor gets in the way of comfort, not at hard rock, the rooms are A+. service was absolutely great! it was great everywhere but specially in the restaurants. Cant wait to go back to paradise!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hola RBrady_13, thank you so much for your comments, we are thrilled that your little ones loved the Little Big Club show and that our décor is as well appreciated by our dear guests, it has been designed to look and feel good! We will be waiting for you here at your favorite stage the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

2,149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Korean first
key bis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was our third time visiting the hard rock cancun and everytime it gets better. our first visit was when it was cancun palace, then we went in october while the rebranding was taking place and now for our christmas break and by far it was the best of the 3!!! The food was delicious and the service even better, the grounds are immaculate. The resort is 100% ready and it offers lots of activities to keep everyone entertained!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Diego A, thank you for your review its great hearing that you have been here with us throughout the process and found our resort new look and facilities awesome! You are truly a rockstar!! Thanks again and keep on rocking!!
guayaquil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went on the Grand Opening Weekend and the Hotel was amazing. The hotel was fully booked even so the service was personal, fast, simply great. 24 hour room service all included.
The hotel has great vibe, the pool with music and bars.
I strongly recommend this hotel.
The opening party was with FloRida and they set up a huge tent for it, it was awesome.

Room Tip: room with ocean view are the best. if you go with family choose a double room that come with 2 full...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi traveler100100080, it is nice to hear that you were part of our Grand Opening celebrations, and that you found it awesome. Many thanks from the crew at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

we were at hard rock Cancun during our Christmas vacation and let me say that even though the hotel was completely full we had a great time and we had great service. the hotel never felt crowded and there was enough pool chairs for us to lounge. the rooms and food were great!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hola elizabeth I, thanks for the shorts and sweet review, we are glad you have a blast here with us, we look forward to see you again at your favorite spot Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I will start this review by saying that I did not want to come to the hard rock cancun, we knew this resort was just opened and have been reading many bad reviews from members (we are members). However my 18 years old gave us an ultimatum, "its hard rock cancun or I am spending new years with my friends". So we gave in. I am soo happy we did, I still saw familiar faces from past trips, saw some fellow members who were having a great time. the hotel is so much better, its cleaner, it has a funner vibe, the food is much better, and the pool is completely renovated! Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hola Alina H, thank you so much for your review, we are very happy that you decided to come and see for yourself that we do our best to please our dear members and all of our guests, loved hearing that you like our new and renovated facilities and improvements, thanks again for recommending us and we hope to see you again soon and roll out the red carpet for you at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

hard rock hotel cancun is an amazing. the staff is great!!! they bend over backwards to please you. check in-check out was a breeze. I personally love the rock memorabilia around the hotel, being such a fan of the Beatles I was overjoyed when I saw in a table an accounting log of their music sales!! I could not believe it!!!! the rooms are very nice, spacious, and clean. By spacious I mean, jacuzzi, double sink, huge balcony, very nice closet, big shower, working desk, marble floors...and I stayed in deluxe room (cheaper one). will be coming back soon!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hola Hilary J, thanks for your comments! We love when our dear rockers find a unique piece of memorabilia from their favorite rockstars!! We look forward to welcome you again and roll out the red carpet for you in your next visit to your favorite stage Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We recently got back from a week at the Hard Rock Cancun. My husband and I are members of the Palace resorts and this was our 1st time at the Hard Rock Cancun. WE LOVED IT!!!

We were on the concierge level Ocean View Floor 12. On the Concierge level you have someone from Concierge stationed on the floor. Charly and Jacob went above and beyond any expectations I would have had. They helped us make dinner reservations, our transportation to the airport. They helped us find out the times of the ferry to Cozumel and helped us get security since we managed to lock ourselves out the of the safe twice. Upgrade to Concierge level if you have the chance.

Dining: We ate at all the restaurants. Our favorites were the Mexican where Erica our waitress was excellent. The food was great and they will serve you shots of Don Julio tequila.
We ate twice at Zen once at the grill and once off the menu. Both were excellent. The grill offers you great entertainment. But the food is great off the menu. If they are not too busy ask them to make you a Mayan coffee it tastes great but the best part is the entertainment while they make it. Have you camera ready for this. Our waiters Fancesco and Cloadio made this night great for us.
Valentin at the Ipanema (Brazelian steakhouse) did an excellent job suggesting some fun shots for us. Everyone does a great job trying to make your experience the best it can be.

There is always plenty of food around to eat you will never go hungry. The food at Hard Rock is above average for all inclusive food. If for some reason you do not like the dish you get. Tell them they are more than willing to please and get you something else.

I did spend a lot of time in the spa since for myself I could spend my entire $1500 resort credit there. I took several of the massages my favorite was the Holistic massage. I personally would never do the seaweed wrap again(I did not like the smell). But everyone in the spa did a great job!

My husband and I spent some of our $1500 resort credit on the romantic dinner on the beach. It was well worth the $35.00 that would come out of my pocket.(you have to pay a 11% tax on any of the resort credit you use) We had lobster tails(they were a little overcooked) but still tasted good. The Moet and Chandon champagne was excellent as well as the atmosphere.

Recommendations. If you are going to use your resort credit I recommend you book everything the first day you get there. Try and plan out your week and plan on spending about 1-2 hours booking everything. They have to schedule everything in a computer print you out your reservations and this just takes a while. Hugo at vacation planners did an excellent job booking all my spa TX's, our snorkling tour and the romantic dinner.

The Ocean is beautiful we had a red flag a couple of the days but everyone still swims in the Ocean. I managed to find a beautiful conch shell in the crystal blue water.

The location of this resort is excellent you can walk to the downtown stores and shop no need for a car.

I did rent a car in Mexico which I don't think I will do again. The car rental is cheap but the insurance on the car is about $40.00 per day. We rented the car so we could go down to Playa del Carmen and take the ferry over to Cozumel.(Where we enjoyed Cozumel Palace for the day) As a member of Palace resorts we can still visit all Palace/Hard Rock hotels.

I loved this resort and can't wait to return again.

Room Tip: All rooms will be water view. The sunrise side is Ocean view the sunset side is Lagoon view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi djkaitz, thank you for the rocking review, we appreciate when our dear members share such awesome comments with us, and thank you for mentioning so many of our collaborators, we will let them know you thought their service rocked!! We look forward to welcome you again to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun? Share your experiences!