“Thoroughly enjoyed our experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #24 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Phoenix, AZ
“Thoroughly enjoyed our experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We love this all inclusive resort for the (1) service, (2) location, and (3) amenities...particularly the spa. What keeps us returning to this resort is truly the warm and friendly service that we receive from all the staff. No request is ignored here...and it is a pleasure to tip the team because they are so appreciative....and not expected. The beach is absolutely beautiful and is the perfect place to watch the sunrise. There are plentiful food options here...and we met the head chef at a tasting dinner....and he is genuinely interested in the customer experience and satisfaction of each guest. Definitely recommend to all who want a great vacation!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hi AMA__11_09, thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, they surely appreciate them, we love hearing when our dear rockers like the food and the great service from our Chefs. And that you could enjoy the sunrise at the beach in front of the beautiful Caribbean turquoise sea.
We look forward to see you again at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
SAVE THE PLANET

2,360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Korean first
minessota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

this hotel is very nice! the rooms are very spacious with jacuzzi. the service is amazing, I do not know if I should credit the hotel for it or the mexican people whom I found to very friendly and courtous. the food is good, nothing amazing though. in my opinion the best was the buffet, yes the Buffet, because they have a variety of food that satisfied the picky eaters in my group. The decor in the resort is great, I loved the classic rock memorabilia around the lobby. the beach is AMAZING!!! clear blue waters and white sand, I honestly have not seen such a beautiful beach in my life, some guests told me that the beach at punta cana is even better, guess will have to see….. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: ocean view room, worth ever dollar!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello john r, Thank you for the short and sweet review. We love to hear that our staffs made you feel like a rockstar! And thank you for recommending us! We hope to welcome you again soon. Keep on Rockin’! TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun only a few weeks ago.

As a mother of two, I was not sure if this was the right choice for a my family vacation. However, my husband insisted in visiting the new Hard Rock. So, off we went... My first impression was WOW, the lobby was stunning and the staff extremely friendly. They greeted me with a nice cocktail and set me up in my room.

The room was very nice. I was not excepting to find a jacuzzi in my room but lucky me; there it was. The first night we went down for an authentic Asian dinner, the children had a great time as the chef flipped the chicken in the air in tepaniaky style.

The next morning, I was ready to relax and hit the pool. I was torn between bringing the kids or dropping them off at the kids club. I am usually very suspicious of these clubs and feel guilty leaving my boys behind. However, one step into the club and my 6 year old Nathan, went bananas. Standing in the middle of the club was Bob The Builder!! This is not your ordinary club, I believe it is called Little Big Club and it offers activities with Barney, Thomas The Train and a little mouse Angelina.

All in all, this was a great vacation. The kids and I had a great time. We tanned, relaxed and ate like kings. I love the all inclusive! I truly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Jennifer R, thank you for sharing your review of your family vacation! Here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun we welcome every one of all ages to our property to experience the best vacations ever! We are so happy that your kids loved our Kids Club; we want to make sure that all members of the family have fun on vacation. We are glad to hear we entertained you at Zen during your oriental dinner! We can’t wait to be your hosts once again on your next vacation!
SAVE THE PLANET
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Had a fantastic time at the Hard Rock Cancun! The staff was amazing! Food was fantastic! And the weather was beautiful! White sandy beaches and blue waters were breath taking!! Want to have a entertaining time go talk to Jovani!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear HollieWhittaker, We love your review! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our property, food and staff! We will make sure to continue what we are doing so that our next vacationers will enjoy the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun as much as you did! We will be ready to roll out the red carpet when you return for another stay!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Hard Rock Hotel Cancun was so beautiful! We had a blast at Ipanema and the staff made us feel so welcome. The food at Frida was delicious, and I loved the 24 hour room service! We happened to be there during The Ultimate Rock and Roll Experience and it couldn't have been more fun! We took rock camp and I learned how to play the drums, plus there were awesome concerts every night. I met the guy who wrote 'Eye of the Tiger'! I would definitely go back, and I would definitely want to be there for another Ultimate Rock and Roll Experience!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hey Amanda S, thanks for the great review! It makes all of us here at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun so happy that you had an awesome vacation! We are so glad that our crew treated you like a Rock Star! It is very important to us to keep our Hotel clean and beautiful and to provide great food! We are happy to know you appreciated this. We can’t wait to see you on your next trip to the south!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family and I traveled again to the former Cancun Palace over Vetran's Day weekend for a 4 night stay. We met another family so combined we had 4 adults and 6 children ages 9-14. The changes to the lobby and the restaurants are great. We loved the new lobby bar. Great energy there at night. The new Brazilian restaurant was fantastic, Zen was great as usual - Italian was a bit weak but still good.
This is a great property. Super clean and the staff is wonderful. Check in is always a hassle I am not sure why. It seems there is an endless amount of mouse clicking and not a lot of progress. Once checked in we went to our family suite. One king room connected to a double room. Great set up and very clean.We have no use for the jacuzzi in the middle of the room. Frankly I would love to see a leather love seat there instead. I was disappointed that they did not have the Rock Spa toiletries that the have in other Hard Rocks we have stayed at. Also -- they need to upgrade the towels!! They are tired!! We had no issues with housekeeping - If I put the clean room sign out it was always done when we got back from the pool.
Our days consisted of buffet breakfast, beautiful days at the pool and beach with the fantastic staff. Lunch at the outdoor pizza oven, cocktails in the lobby bar before great dinners. We saw the fire show one evening which was great.
This is a great property. Mid sized, I am not interested in a one mile walk from the pool to my room. This was also perfect for the kids we brought. We could give them free reign in the pool area and supervise them when they wanted to go to the beach. - which is beautiful by the way.
What keeps bringing us back to this property is the staff. They are wonderful, very courteous and extremely hard working, I never waited long a cocktail, room service was quick and delicious. The kids had a blast with Monster and the entertainment staff.
The new point system is just ok. Kind of annoying. I used 125 for a massage and we upgraded wine at dinners. We didn't do any shopping because it was not necessary for us to.
We did not do excursions this trip as we have done them before and did not want to leave the resort. There was not much pressure to "join" whatever the club deal is. We have no interest in investments like that.
This is a great spot for us. It was a first visit for our friends and they LOVED it. We recommend it!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Elizabethpt, thank you for giving us such an awesome review! We really appreciate it! It so great to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful property and restaurants! Our team works hard to make sure everything looks gorgeous and the food tastes great. We will take all of your suggestions sincerely so that we can be even better on your fourth stay! It is very important to us and the whole crew that you and your family go home with the greatest vacation memories! We will be ready to roll out the red carpet for you on your next visit!
ALL IS ONE
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We took my parents and our boys to Cancun for the first time and stayed at hard rock Hotel. The entertainment crew were the best... they treated our boys like they were their big brothers. WE had so much fun with them. Playing volleyball..on halloween.. Everything.. My boys cried when we had to leave... we all had such a wonderful time..and they wanna go back now!!!
Thanks to Kevin,Ricardo,Mau,Poncho, and Andy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Melanie J, Thanks for the awesome feedback! We are so happy to hear that our team treated your boys like rock stars! They love making new friends while working and making sure everyone is having fun on their vacation. We will make sure to let Kevin, Ricardo, Mau, Poncho and Andy know that they made your boys feel extra special and that they had an awesome vacation. We can’t wait to see you again and roll out the red carpet once more!!
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun? Share your experiences!