“Fun Beach Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

Save Saved
You added Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #22 of 173 Hotels in Cancun
Sausalito, California
“Fun Beach Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We came here for a couple of nights for the Grand Opening Party and it certainly lived up to my expectations. The common areas had many areas to chill with a drink or play pool. The vibe is very fun and not for those wanting a serene and quiet vacation (see Le Blanc for that).

We were on the 8th floor and had a beautiful Ocean View room. All of the rooms have a 2 person jacuzzi which is such a nice way to relax after relaxing all day. We at at Frida for lunch one day which we absolutely loved. It was beautfiully designed and amazing how cool it stayed even though it is an outdoor restaurant. We also ate at Ipanema which is another beautifully designed restaurant with great food. The breakfast buffet was above standard. We sat in Ciao which is less busy even though you get your food from The Market where everyone else goes. The rest of the time they had so many food stands set up around the pool area for the opening that we never had to order food. The beach is beautiful and perfect in front of the hotel. Most of it was unfortunately taken up due to the huge stage and set up they had for the concerts at night (Flo-Rida and Goo Goo Dolls which were awesome so I can't complain).

After going to concerts and fashion shows at night, the party would continue in one of their ballrooms which is the perfect place for late night partying. It felt like a luxurious Vegas hotel.

I was very pleased with the service, accommodations, beach, views and restaurants. With the resort credits they give, it is a really great deal for a fun, higher end all inclusive. The one thing that you need patience for at this hotel is taking the elevator up to your room if the hotel is busy like it was for this weekend. Also, be prepared for the handful of drunks you will undoubtedly encounter. Either way, you will have a great time!

Room Tip: Ocean View is great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hola MissBabblicious, We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the different restaurants and had a blast during our grand opening weekend! You rocked like a real Rockstar!. We hope to see you again soon. Rock on! ALL IS ONE.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I just came back from this hotel and had such a great time!!!
The resort itself is great, the decor is very cool ( modern with memorabilia incorporated into the design)the music set up a nice ambiance (not too loud, and not the typical hotel music)and the beach is amazing!!!
The pools are cool as well, you have 2pool bars, jacuzzis around the pool, and submerged lounge chairs, with the clear blue Caribbean ocean as a backdrop. Who could as for more?
Food: the food was very good, pleasantly surprise as I was not expecting much for an all-inclusive. My favorite restaurant are zen and ipanema. However the pizza and tacos d arrachera are must!!
My room was very nice, clean and spacious with double jauzzi. In my opinion it lacked light, but we solved it by opening the window and letting the caribbean sun in. We had an ocean view room, with a huge balcony, my view description sums up to wow!! It was worth every penny.
The service at the resort is amazing ! Thanks to miguel, charly and Jairo!! I have to say though, that the service overall in Mexico was great, not only at the hard rock. My only complaint is that theydont have a hard rock cafe in the hotel, wish they did. Already booked for the summer and bringing the kids, they stay for free!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Hello Isabella P, We would like to thank you for your detailed and sweet review. We love to hear that you had a great time with us and liked our brand new facilities! And we love hearing when our staff members are Rock Stars. Thank you for taking the time to mention that Miguel, Charlie and Jairo rocked your world. We look forward to see you again next summer and now with the little ones! Keep on rocking! ALL IS ONE
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I typically do not take the time to write reviews of the hotels I stay at, but I had to share my recent experience at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun as the experience far exceeded my expectations.

We arrived in Cancun around 1pm and had arranged for a private transfer to the resort. This is something I would highly recommend as you do not have to wait for others to arrive. So within 20 minutes of reaching the driver we were at the entrance to the Hard Rock Cancun.

We were greeted by incredibly friendly staff who took our luggage and escorted us inside to the front desk. I was a bit nervous that we would not be given a room since we were there an hour and a half before check-in, but this was no problem--they had our room ready for us! We got checked in and went to our room and our luggage was brought up within minutes of stepping foot in the door. The bellman explained everything in the room to us--showing us the liquor dispensor, mini-bar, bathrobe, slippers, safety deposit box, and more. He also explained and showed me the instructions to make FREE calls back to the USA (Canada and Mexico too, which I didn’t use) as well as FREE wireless internet. I have to say that being able to call home for free was something I had read, but did not understand the value of. It was great to be able to call home and check-in on the pets! I also used the free wi-fi on my Iphone constantly!

On day one we stopped by the Little Big Club to get information for dropping off our 2 children the following day. We were thrilled to learn that we would be able to start off the trip the next morning with a special breakfast with Barney, Angelina Balerina, Thomas the Train, and Bob the Builder. Our daughter is especially found of Angelina so I knew this would be perfect for her!

We also went to the lobby to look into using our Resort Credit (we received $1500 to spend during our trip since we were staying for 5 nights). We easily made reservations for the following items: couples massage, Premium Dolphin Swim and the Romantic Dinner. This easily would have cost us an additional $1000 plus dollars had we not been given this resort credit! A FANTASTIC deal!

Our family has been to quite a few high-end all inclusive resorts with good food, but the food at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun was a BIG surprise to us. We found the food to be the best we have had at any all inclusive resort EVER and better than most restaurants we dine at frequently back in Chicago! We ate at the following restaurants and would recommend all of them: Zen (Asian), Ipanema (Brazilian Steakhouse), The Market (buffet), Frida (Mexican with outdoor seating), and Ciao (italian). Our personal favorite was Ipanema, but our kids would argue and say Zen (they love tepenyaki tables).

We absolutely loved the pool area and it was perfect for our family. It has a great swim-up bar, zero entry for the kids, and there is no shortage of pool chairs. We never had to worry about finding chairs together. This is rare to find at all inclusive resorts so it was a very pleasant surprise to us! The beach was great as well--beautiful white sand and turquoise water! We spent half the time at the beach and half at the pool--both of which had great waitstaff service for food and drinks.

Overall we found the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to be TOP NOTCH all-inclusive resort with a very unique rock and roll twist. This is definitely something that has been needed in the all inclusive market as every other all inclusive brand we have been to seems pretty much the same. Everywhere you turn at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun there is something new and different! Mix that rock and roll uniqueness with amazing facilities, great food, outstanding service and you have a winning combination! I would recommend this resort to everyone (and I already have). We have already decided that next year we are going to go to the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta (a sister property to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun)!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hola Beach4EverChicago, first of all, We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and all the future visitors, we truly appreciate your review and love to hear that you found our facilities and restaurants top notch! And what to say about the little ones having fun at The Little Big Club, we are glad that your daughter liked the show with Barney, Thomas the Train, and Bob the Builder and especially with Angelina Ballerina. It is fantastic that you will visit the Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta we know you will love it too.
We look forward to welcome you again and make your vacations an unforgettable experience!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family and I traveled to Cancun, Mexico for the Hard Rock Cafe Grand Opening Event. We had an amazing experience. The hotel is amazing, the service was super good. During the week I met the manager Enrique Paz. Enrique Paz is very professional, hardworking, and responsible manager. The service he provided to all the people and especially to my family was amazing.
I am already planning my vacation to return to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. Excellent job Enrique Paz and all your personnel.

Room Tip: Ocean view are the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hola Valentin G, Thank you very much for your kind comments, we do our best to provide our dear guests with an exceptional service and we are really glad to know we accomplished our goal. We will be more than happy to welcome you and your family again soon here to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Perfect for a vacation getaway. Came in a big group some stayed elsewhere, and let me tell you they were jealous,and said they would stay here next time. Everyone was super nice which is always a plus. Room accommodations worked well for us had an overall great experience here would totally recommend it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012
Hola Luvvacaciones, what a great review, we love hearing that you came in with a big group of friends and they all wished have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun with you, is the best compliment. Keep rocking! Hope to see you all soon and give you the Rockstar experience!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We had an awesome time! Everything was just beautiful and clean! We felt safe the whole time!!! Everything was just amazing! The food was so delicious! The friendliness and constant helpfulness of the staff made us feel right at home... But better!!! Customer service in general was just unbeat!!

• Stayed September 2012
Hi, 1funrn, thank you for the short and nice review, we are glad that you felt always safe and at home, the staff will love to hear that you thought their service made you feel at home, you are a Rockstar!
ALL IS ONE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Excellent, excellent stablishment. My family and I had the best time ever! The level of commitment from all your staff I have never experience before anywhere else that I have stayed. Such prompt response to any of my needs and those of my family from the minute we checked in to the minute we checked out. Thank you for the best time ever.

• Stayed October 2012
"Hello 702ZIN, thank you for sharing your experience and for your great comments, we hope to see you soon again here at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun.
TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
"

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun? Share your experiences!