“A detailed review of our stay at the Hard Rock Cancun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Cancun

You added Hard Rock Hotel Cancun to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km 14.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
35% OFF + $1,800 CREDIT
Ranked #19 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Saskatoon, Canada
“A detailed review of our stay at the Hard Rock Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

At times when I read trip advisor reviews I find myself thinking is this a real person providing an honest opinion. I promise that I am a real person, I have written several reviews one of which was for the Aventura Palace. The experience we had with the Palace was devastating. As a result we approached this trip with a fair amount of concern.

This is going to be another detailed review and while everyone will have different opinions on matters I will share mine.

We arrived at the Hard Rock in a taxi, opting against transfers as it is generally very easy to obtain a ride from the airport to virtually any hotel in the Mayan Riviera. The Hard Rock although new is easily recognized by every taxi driver we encountered, there was no confusion or concern or need for directions. It was 100 USD for the four of us with 5 large pieces of luggage to go to the hotel. We were offered a return taxi prepaid but fortunately declined as the ride from the hotel to the airport was only 60 USD.

The entrance to the resort is gated as is the norm in the area, it seemed fairly efficient each time we went through it, my only concern is that the gate is so close to the main road, if there is a hold up with a vehicle at the gate, you will find yourself stopped in speeding traffic, it simply doesn’t feel comfortable, but for the most part all of the drivers seem to anticipate the issue and simply go around.

As you drive up to the resort it is very impressive, fountains with lyrics and quotes, many bellmen and in general just an awe inspiring entrance. The doors are opened for you and there was not one person not smiling as we arrived. Over the door it proclaims welcome to the jungle and behind you on a fountain a quote from Bad company “Its all part of my rock and roll fantasy. The age I am the lyrics meant something, but the entire atmosphere bread excitement in my children as well, something it’s hard to find in a 16 and a 13 year old.

Our bags were whisked away by a smiling bell man a tag was handed to me and we went inside. That first step inside the building can take your breath away. I have read other reviews and some people have said its too much going on, I can on the one hand understand that, on the other if you want to get lost in music history this entrance is the place to do it. I just stopped and stared, my husband, a musician and rock fan was smitten. Drinks were offered along with a nice cool towel which after 9 hours to get there was very nice and we approached check in.

The check in desk is very small, only two people working, the upside of it is that check in and check - out are two different locations. We arrived at 3 in the afternoon to a fully booked hotel, typically a very difficult time to check in but found that the efficiency could not be better, within ten minutes we had pina colodas room keys happy kids and were on our way to the 6th floor family suite.

The lobby of the hotel is fully handicapped accessible, which for our family is a necessity, my only concern for my children is that while they were walking to the elevator to get to our rooms they were so busy looking at everything they had a really hard time watching where they walked. Some people may prefer a resort that is very spread out, we don’t. For us the way this resort was self contained was wonderful, the rock shop, jewelry shops and gift shop all located around the elevators and the restaurant being so close was perfect. The décor was eclectic retro and stunning, and once again the staff all smiling, but I took note, the guests were all smiling as well.

We stayed in a family suite, two rooms attached one with 2, I have to say either very small queens or in my opinion double beds, which was perfect for our two children, and the other a king bed. Both had two seat Jacuzzi’s in them and lovely large bathroom areas. Having the toilette /shower and sinks separate was wonderful when dealing with the kids. The beds were incredibly hard, so if you like a firm bed this is the place for you, my preference runs to a pillow top but overall a small concern as we have come to expect a harder bed staying in Mexico. The only disappointment at this point for us was the view, while overall you could see the amazing entry shaped like a guitar and the beautiful sunsets over the lagoon, our room was directly over two rooftops, that said, it is a small thing and we didn’t spend much time in the rooms anyway, but if you are more inclined to a great view I would suggest a higher room or an ocean view.

We had only just walked through the rooms and looked on the balcony and the phone rang I answered and was told our luggage was on the way. Within a half hour of arriving we had checked in had a drink been to our rooms gotten our luggage and the kids were on the way to the pool.

Going to the pool was a bit more difficult than the rest of the hotel, there are many stairs to the pool and then more to the beach, if you are unable to walk stairs this will be a very difficult experience for you. We navigated them very slowly and were able to but if you are unable to walk the beach and pool area are not available. This for me would be a concern to some travelers.

The pool area is incredible, the first view from the revolving doors as you exit the building is breath taking, the amazing Caribbean ocean the infinity pool and a beautiful tropical oasis built around it. There is plenty of seating, but all lounge chairs that are very low to the ground, a few regular chairs around the pool area would have been nice. There was recorded music around the pool, more rap than rock with some regaeton and Spanish mixes thrown in for good measure.

Two full service bars leading into the pool with excellent bar staff and a cheerful mix of waiters and waitresses. As a general rule we tip our wait staff having put ourselves through school working in various similar positions we tend to be fairly generous but I did see a lot of people not tipping anything at all, and I did not see any change in the attitude of the wait staff towards any patron regardless of tip. We are English speaking patrons trying to learn Spanish but found ourselves easily understood throughout the resort and in many cases our kids were being taught Spanish around the resort something they enjoyed and we appreciated.

As early evening approached a band set up and started playing around the pool, the music was lively and fun and my family really enjoyed it. Overall the atmosphere at the pool was wonderful, friendly pleasant and clean. I will take the time to talk about some of the services offered at the pool. There is a snack bar serving up amazing burgers, fries, nachos etc alongside one of the pool bars, all made fresh to order and wonderful. I would like to highlight the pizza oven alongside the pool. This is wood smoked handmade pizza to order, under a blazing sun in heat we don’t often work with and the nicest woman I have ever met was cooking pizza. She would make special pizzas for the kids and put extra toppings on my husbands as he seemed to enjoy them. She was exceptionally hard working and wonderful to meet and in general be around. Our first day at the hotel was a success and we went to our rooms to find the beds turned down and little chocolates in the room a lovely way to end the night in Cancun. My husband and I grabbed a drink from the mini bar and watched the sunset into the lagoon and wondered about some of the things that were being constructed on the roof below us and on the beach.

The next morning right on time our breakfast arrived in the room exactly as we had ordered it, and to be fair we were adding things not listed on the menu, so to have it arrive so perfectly was a real treat. We were up and out very quickly as we were spending a good portion of our vacation diving the amazing ocean. Returning back to the hotel again the bellmen were there to greet us helping me from the taxi as I was very tired and moving slow.

A quick visit to the rock shop introduced us to Jesus. This man is a most amazing sales man. He made my daughter feel beautiful my son was the coolest guy in town and in general he knows exactly how to make his customers happy. The level of customer service during our stay from Jesus was incredible. My son purchased headphones from the rock shop and sad to say the quality was less than spectacular, they did not play music on his ipod clearly at all, Jesus opened several other packages trying to find a good pair and was unable, the shop doesn’t process returns but no matter, my son was allowed to simply choose another item from the shop. This service led us to purchase many other items for gifts back home at the store, and in general I think he is a very wonderful staff member to have in the store.

Entering the gift shop I too noticed the pricing to be high, but to be fair, I have never been in a hotel where convenience items were priced the same as at wal-mart, at times you pay for convenience and the prices in the Mercado for sunscreen were close to the same as the hotel, the gifts and trinkets however were better bargained for in Mercado 28.

Jewelry was high end and not to my taste and I found myself more inclined to shop at the Mercado but I know that some people were very excited with the shopping at the hotel.

Regarding the resort credits, the way they work is well laid out prior to travel they have many disclaimers and in all honestly they are a promo to get you to stay there if you read the fine print you can make them work well for you, prebook your spa trips, pre plan all of your tours with the credits in mind and book them the moment you arrive as space is limited and you will be very happy with them, for our purposes we did not bother, we are not tequila drinkers, have participated in most of the land tours and were focused on relaxing and diving, something we prepared in advance.

The lobby bar was wonderful, so much memorabilia to see and so many interesting things to read, games music both recorded and live and a wonderful bar staff with cookies and tea laid out along the side, a family favorite just alongside the bar were little gnome tables the kids loved them.

Our second day at the resort we found out we were going to be part of opening weekend. So much excitement! My kids almost fell over to find out FloRida was playing on the beach, the structures being erected below our room were part of a Pinktober fashion show and I was really happy to hear that the Googoo Dolls were playing. Honestly how can you beat that!

In the room the first night of the opening weekend we had lovely guitar cookies and wine glasses laid out for both rooms, the second night was a cheese plate with crackers and they also left both kids amazing swag bags with t-shirts and guest passes and a commemorative pin, this is something they will be able to keep forever as a memento of the occasion. My biggest concern with the Concerts were they were rush and mostly standing with no handicapped access. My thirteen year old is going through a series of surgeries on her legs, and as such struggles to stand and walk long distances and certainly could not withstand a crowd of people pushing on her.

To be honest I am somewhat emotional when it comes to my daughter, we have had to say no to a lot of things for her given her health issues, she is a huge FloRida fan and I was very concerned, there were no handicapped facilities at all, and no one seemed to have any idea what to do to make sure she was safe. Near tears I found Andy.

Andy is a member of the entertainment team, but has no authority whatsoever regarding concert arrangements. That said as soon as I explained my issue to Andy off he went with a promise to return and he did, stood with us talking to us until one of the event Planners came over to us. Between the two of them they made arrangements for my daughter to view the concert from pool side, not in the tent but almost on top of the stage, absolutely safe and seated. Andy met us prior to the concert and escorted us to the area and made sure we were taken care of and brought drinks and snacks.

This kindness alone assures my undying devotion to this facility, but the truth is this is one of the amazing staff members in this hotel. The restaurant staff, at Zen - amazing meals, full tepanyaki grill and for a Birthday and extra special piece of cake with candles and singing. At Frida two servers and someone to make the guacamole amazing meals and incredible atmosphere. The market has a very generic buffet which some people have criticized but I met a woman in the restaurant with Crohns who was thrilled she was able to eat as most of the time when they travel she exists on fruit and goes home very ill. The staff at the market, from the hostess to the many wait staff, are wonderful, and I wrote down names but at this time can’t find the paper.

The only thing I would caution the resort about for restaurants is some of the wait staff can go fairly heavy on the perfumes, some guests were discussing not being able to be in the restaurant for this issue, and once again not handicapped accessible, stairs to get into the market and up to the buffet, In Zen the stairs are very slippery and I managed to fall badly injuring my leg, at home it turns out it was slightly fractured, at the time just seemed like the worst bruise that would not heal and hurt from hip to toe.

During the celebrations for the opening weekend management was plentiful, and I met the designer and the interior decorator for the resort while admiring the gong in the main lobby, the conversation was amazing and the attention to detail that I noticed while going through the facility was really brought home while discussing all of the small details that have been paid attention to while designing the area.

In all honestly in Mexico beautiful resorts with amazing pools are plentiful, they all have wonderful restaurants, and you can find yourself in paradise around every turn. This resort went the extra distance in my mind, the memorabilia is a stand out the atmosphere is incredible but the staff is what really sells this resort. I have travelled to many locations including staying at the hard rock universal in Florida, I felt welcomed pampered and very cared for in all aspects of this stay and that is a very hard thing for a sold out resort to accomplish, especially since I arrived prepared to be very critical. All in all, my family were so happy we have started planning another trip in July, so we can swim with the whale sharks and enjoy more Hard Rock Cancun hospitality.

Room Tip: if a view is important choose a higher room top floor is 12th, and lagoon is sunset ocean is sunrise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear NoelleShivak

We are totally speechless with your huge and thorough review, it was very poetic and we really got goose bumps by reading every word. We hope that your comments are useful for future Hard Rockers.

We are more than pleased to learn you & your family really had a vacation you will remember all your life and that you considered our entire crew could fulfill your expectations & beyond.

Glad you loved our new and astonishing look with all corners decorated with our unique Memorabilia, our Grand Opening events, smashing service, but the most exciting part is to know your daughter could not have better place in the Florida Opening Concert, the way you narrated was so emotional. We will acknowledge Andy for making your daughter’s vacation a real blast. And not to mention the top notch dishes we have to offer.

Everyone of your comments & suggestions have been shared with our Management Team in order to take them into account

There are not enough words to thank you and we cannot wait for your next visit. The entire band is ready to rock your next vacation.

All is one!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Tijuana, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

let me star by saying that this is a hard rock hotel at its best!! it definitely makes you feel like a true rock star!! from the moment we arrived the staff makes you feel very welcome, the decor and memorabilia and the music are obviously what makes it the best place to stay at.
my hubby and i literally jumped in the bed once we got to our room and got into the jacuzzi :). the view is breathtaking from the balcony!
the music and videos playing at the lobby and all around is what definitely sets the mood! i loooveed all the selection! it was like my own ipod was playing! no lame boring music. after all it is a hard rock hotel.. this is the place to go if your in cancun!! very modern chic. so sad i had to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi alanna_rc, Thank you for the rockin’ review. We are delighted that you had a fantastic vacation and feel the great service from our staff, we are happy to hear that you loved the Music selection, and it was like your iPod playing that is exactly what we call “your personal soundtrack” . We would love to roll out the red carpet for you and your husband again in the near future.
ALL IS ONE.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had a great time at the Hard Rock Hotel in Cancun. Really nice view to the beach, big pool, good food! great people. Workers were very attentive and friendly. Neat & Clean rooms and facilities over all.
I really enjoyed the music selection in the hotel. I Work as a DJ and i really appreciate the fine taste in music & this hotel did the job at its best! But did i wish the club felt more like a club,
more entertainment because other hard rock hotels have big clubs and live shows in them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hi Saul Q,

Thanks a lot for pointing out in a few words what other visitors can expect by visiting Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. There’s nobody better to describe our great service and facilities than our visitors.

We have passed on all your comments with our Management Team in order to take them into account. The band will be waiting to rock alongside you.

Rock n’ Roll will never die!!!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My whole experience at the hard rock hotel was AMAZING. I really wish would have had more time to enjoy all of the the amenities. The suite we stayed in had the most breathtaking view of the beach and resort. The decor is interesting, hip and modern. And the memorabilia displayed is really cool. We actually got a tour of the place and the memorabilia form this really nice man that works there. He practically knew everything! So that was cool too.
Also i really want to point out that i didn't stay my whole vacation at the hard rock we also got to visit other hotels too; but the hard rock stood out to me because it had an AWESOME music selection. As we walked in, to check in one of my favorite Radiohead songs was playing. So that made it extra special for me. The Music and Video selection is right on point.
I really like the fact that this is a hotel for the younger crowd. NOT a resort for senior citizens and boring elevator music. I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Any room has an excellent view and all of the amenities. My friends stayed at a different floor on t...
Hey Eren6

That’s the usual reaction of the Hard Rockers after visiting our property; thank you much for sharing your experience about your surprise with our unique Memorabilia, contemporary decor and our great tunes.

We are anxious to host you again and spoil you in the coolest resort of Cancun.

Practice ur rock face!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

All I can say is that this is the best hotel that I have ever stayed. The service was excellent food was excellent and the quality and range of drinks was top shelf. The staff are amazing as are the reception and the management. A feds small problems but wrer resolved more than my expectactions. I don't know if the room we had was different too the rest of the hotel but it was awesome . Many thanks to all the staff who made our holiday special . THE PLACE TO HOLDAY!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Hello!

Sweet, sugar, candyman64… Thank you so much for you nice review we are super happy to know you found excellent everything over here and that despite you could have any issue it was quickly resolve it.

We will keep doing our best to rock your future visits and go beyond your expectations.

Hang with the band!!!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Please let me start by saying this review is gonna be long, lol. The short reviews, don't help.

First off, I read many of the reviews here that are negative and I must say they are not accurate at all. Most bad reviews here were done when the hotel was being renovated, it's not fair to hold that against the hotel. These people KNEW they were coming when renos were happening, staffing was being done etc. Well, they finished the renos and the staff are all in place and let me tell you it is running top notch now!

My wife and I wanted a vacation alone, with no kids to reconnect and to also see if Cancun was a place we would bring our kids. Well let me say that after staying at the Hard Rock, we definately reconnected and we will definately be bringing our kids with us next time for our annual family vacation. We couldn't think of a better place to bring the kids and they both bug us constantly to come to Mexico but we weren't sure where in Mexicao to take them. That is until we stayed at the Hard Rock. We kept saying the kids will love this or love that, lol. We felt safe here and we felt the kids activities were off to a great start from what we could see but most importantly, we needed to know the kids would be safe and after what we saw on our tour, we definately feel they will be safe at the Hard Rock.

When we arrived at noon on Oct 17/ 2012' we were greeted with champagne and smiles from every employee. Our check in time wasn't until 4pm but Xavier, saw our room was ready and he booked us right in. Great start so far. Especially after such a long trip. We were travelling for almost 12 hours and the early check in was EXACTLY what we needed and Xavier saw that and went above and beyond to help us. We did not expect that but it was such a great surprise to get it.

We weren't sure what to expect from our room, "deluxe oceanfront room" we bought could mean so many things but when we walked into the room it was nice and cool and the view was breathtaking! It was exactly as we were told and exactly as we had hoped. Super clean and the best view of the ocean we could hope for.

When we booked this vacation we knew the hotel was converting to the Hard Rock Hotel but we didn't know we were gonna be here for the Grand Opening! Yet another nice surprise.
They even booked the Goo Goo Dolls for a beach concert which was free for all the guests. Yet another nice surprise. Plus they gave all the hotel guests a bag full of Hard Rock Hotel grand opening swag! They are one of a kind souvenirs we will cherish.

The entire week we were here, they lined up great live music including an awesome Mexican Elvis impersonator, live music by local Cancun musicians who played poolside, breakdancing etc. Very nice surprises. As a musician, it was kinda funny to hear the Mexican bands trying to sing American and Canadian music but it was all part of the charm to me and they were actually very good!

Now the negatives, then i will finish with the positives.

Negative 1 they had a poolside party the last day of the grand opening weekend but the hip hop music was so loud, you couldn't talk. They had Wilma Valderamma from That 70's show hosting it but he was a snob and wouldn't mingle with many people unless you had a bikini on. Plus the dj swore an awful lot. He used the "F" word alot and there was alot of young children here. The Hard Rock needs to put an end to the profanity if they want to be taken seriously as a family orientated resort. There was alot of angry parents who had to take their kids and leave and they should NOT have had to do that. The Hard Rock management should have stepped in and stopped the profanity. It was ALOT of profanity too, not just a couple "slips of the tongues"

2 - The $1500 hotel credit was a joke. You could only spend $100.00 of it in each store or on certain items only. They wouldn't even let you use it at all in the Hard Rocks own souvenir shop. We were very hard pressed to spend this credit and ended up leaving without using it all. The spa will burn up $300 of it but in my opnion a real all inclusive should already provide the spa.

3- The ATM was always broken which forced us to have to leave the hotel to use an ATM? Waste of an hour every couple days. They need more machines and machines that dispense US and Canadian currency. But most importantly, they need to work. It's 2012 and there's no reason for ATM machines to not work, especially in a major resort like The Hard Rock.

4- The hotel store was poorly stocked and very over priced. $20.00 U.S just for a bottle of sunscreen that costs $6 in Calgary!
5- Drink selection. they need more sodas for the non alcohol drinkers like us and our kids when we bring them back with us next time. Ginger Ale and Root Beer is a good start. I mean who in todays age doesn't have Canada Dry Ginger Ale???

Now the positives.
1 - The staff. everyone greeted us with a happy "ola" and a big smile in passing every day, on every encounter. The service in the restaurants was top notch.
Special consideration to Alejandro in Zen and Alan in Ciao. Both were so friendly, very funny and so nice. They answered all our questions and took the time to get to know us a bit and the second time we went into the restaurants, they both knew what we liked to drink and remembered what we ate the prior time. We were hard pressed where to eat for our final night but we choose Zen and Alejandro only because Ciao was closed for maintenance so the Hotel made it an easy choice. We went to Ciao the night before to eat and we got to say thank you and Adios to Alan so the closure was perfect so we could also spend our final night in Zen and we got to say good bye to Alejandro. Both the gentlemen have management written all over them!
Xavier on the front desk was always friendly and had all the info we needed when we asked. He was top notch and always a pleasure to deal with.
The staff made it so we decided we were coming back. We are going to make the Hard Rock a yearly vacation now and the decision was made easy because of the amazing staff and the pampering we received from them.

2 - The food. It was soooooo good. Special note, if you are here and looking for a great snack, The Pizza bar is it! Sooooo good and so fast. Great mid day snack to keep you going til dinner.

3 - The beach. Simply breathtaking. woke up every morning to a spectacular view and couldn't wait to hit the beach to swim all day. The sand was so soft and it surprised us that it was cool to walk on. It doesn't burn your feet which we found strange considering it was sooo hot here. But the Grand showcase of all of Cancun is the ocean. The water is so warm I stayed in it all day!
4- The pool. We didn't come all this way to swim in a pool but yesterday on our last full day we decided to spend the afternoon by the pool to say we did and it was actually pretty awesome. The water was warm, the service was great and the view from the pool to the beach when you are in the pool is awesome.
They need to fix the hot tubs though. They advertise 6 hottubs, but all they were was small pools. The water temp was the same asthe pool and when you are exploring Cancun, after a long day of walking, a nice relaxing, soothing hot tub would have been perfect.
5- Cleanliness. They did an incredible job keeping the place clean. The bathrooms were always super clean in the public areas and I personally watched them scrub the pool deck every morning from my room. Cleanliness was a huge priority for us and the Hard Rock staff made darn sure the place "gleemed" every second of everyday we were there.

Finally,the food. Let's face it, we buy all inclusive so we can eat to our hearts content and the food at the Hard Rock is top notch and there is plenty of it. Even the room service menu was top notch an open 24 hours a day. I was in the mood for a piece of cake at 2 am and within 15 mins of me calling room service, they were knocking on my door with it. I love that!
Sure you can drink all day and night for free but we don't drink so the food was important and they didn't disapoint.

So in conclussion, if you are trying to select a place to stay in Cancun, we highly reccommend tthe Hard Rock Hotel. Any issues you have, will be dealt with immediately and as I said, the staff make it all worth while.

Forget the bad reviews here especially the ones done during the renos and give the Hard Rock a try. You will not be dissapointed and best of all you will leave here sad that you have to leave but you will be relaxed, sun soaked and a few pounds heavier, lol. Isn't that what a vacation is all about?

Thank you Hard Rock Cancun, you made my wife and myself extremely happy we choose your resort and you made our first ever trip to Cancun the most exciting, enjoyable and relaxing time we have EVER had. We can't wait to come back and next time we will be bring the kids. We are very sad we have to leave this morning.
Adios for now........

Rob & Melanie, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Room Tip: we didnt need to, but if you get the option, use your room credit for the oceanview. When you wake u...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hola Rob B, …Wow!, thank you very much for your amazing and detailed review.
We are overjoyed to know that you felt the charming atmosphere of our resort and feel the exceptional service provided by our Staff.
Thank you for mentioning their names. We have implemented a reward program for our staff members that our guests kindly mention in their reviews.
We love that you were able to reconnect as couple and that during your stay you thought your kids would love the resort and most important that you feel the hotel is totally family friendly and safe.
And as you said: on top of that another surprise, you were part of the few that were at our Grand Opening Party, and about our guest dj set, we passed out your comments to keep the resort totally family oriented. And we apologize for that, as it does not reflect the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun standards.
It is great that you loved our restaurants food, the pools, the beach , all! and to know that we made you and your wife extremely happy!! We look forward to see you every year and be part of our family!! The Hard Rock Hotel Cancun crew stands up and we say: for those about to rock, we salute you!!
Rock the show!!!
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friends invited me for the grand opening of the Hard Rock in Cancun and we had a great time.
They organized great parties and the staff was excellent and took care very well of the guests.
As for all inclusive hotel, the food was ok, the pizza is actually really good. They served drinks with quality brands and they had a good variety of cocktails.
The rooms were standards. We were at the 11th floor with a beautiful view of the bay.
There was a jacuzzi in the room, we tried to use it but got really messy.
The shower was weak and not satisfied.
The decor in the lobby is very overwhelmed! too much going on which gets a bit confusing.
The staff was excellent, including the entertainment team that they were successfully able to include the guests in their activities.
The pool area was very crowded and the water was getting dirty from the drinks spilled in it and looked unappealing.
Marta, the waitress in the pool was excellent, always smiling and very hardworker.
I would suggest this hotel if you go with a family with kids or a group of friends, if you try to have a relaxing day it might not be the place to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hi JohnMilaz, , Thank you for the overall fantastic review. We are happy that you joined us for this once in a life time event! We are glad to hear that you loved what the crew set up for the wee end festivities.
We are sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced in your rooms though we are happy to know that your overall stay was excellent thanks to the staff and the daily activities.
We thank you again for your comments and suggestions we are passing them to our management team.
Keep on rocking!! LOVE ALL SERVE ALL

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun? Share your experiences!