“Beach Palace Wedding was wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #6 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Ocala, Florida
“Beach Palace Wedding was wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

We recently got married at the Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico. We had 32 guests that came to the wedding as well. The Beach Palace was a great choice for our wedding and the size of our party. The wedding planning was a good experience overall. In the beginning the planning is done thru the Miami office. Therefore, I didn't get alot of information specificially about the actual resort. It wasn't until our wedding was 60 days out that the wedding planner in Mexico started in the process. Rebecca, our wedding planner, was wonderful and really put me at ease with all the arrangements. I could relax and enjoy the event. The actual resort is beautiful. The people are very friendly and helpful. The guestrooms are great. We had an oceanfront room and I would suggest spending the extra money for these rooms. The view is great. The lagoon side rooms are very nice as well. However, overlooking the pool and ocean was better in my opinion. This was my first all inclusive experience and I am now a huge fan! If you have resort credits for excursions, make sure to schedule them at check in if possible. A lot of times there was only 1 or 2 employees available to schedule these events, so a line would form. The excursion spots fill up fast. That is probably the only issue we had at the resort. Overall, the Beach Palace was a wonderful experience and made our wedding very special. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,002)
  • Korean first
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

We have been Palace Premier members since '98 and have frequented many of the properties over this time. We booked the Beach because of the reconstructed beach area and from previous day trips to the property.

We stayed 9 nights 10 days and while the 1500 promo was active we could not upgrade during the entire visit. The resort was at best 40% full so everyone other than ourselves must have upgraded prior to our arrival!

The staff was good, not over the top but we did not sense the Palace experience that we have had in the other properties. Food quality was very good, the Italian (lamb especially) was outstanding. Room service was prompt, food was served at proper temperatures and the drinks were made well. It was almost impossible to get your favorite adult beverage at the pool bars so you had to go inside to the sports bar for a drink.

Rooms were clean, spacious and unless you hit the green maid button your room was left untouched! (this has not been the norm for any other Palace Property).

We will probably not return to the Beach for an overnoght stay but would return for a day visit,

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We booked our April stay at Beach Palace through Orbitz. We chose the lowest room category and got an amazing deal.

We arrived at the resort and entered a rather “blah” lobby. Not much more than a red couch and some aquariums. Not as grand as most other resorts, but it is small and they were limited on space. Check in was relatively quick. Poor placement of the air conditioning units above the front desk allowed for cold water drops to hit my head, but we found that to be rather funny. We asked about any upgrades and for a fee were offered a concierge ocean view. We were also told that we were on the 10th floor lagoon, so we decided to check it out first.

We know about the timeshare folk at the resort and there they were waiting near the elevators. We were approached immediately, but very nicely asked if we wanted to go to our room first and come back to them later. No pressure AT ALL.

Not only were we on the 10th floor, but we were given a north corner room! AMAZING. We had a gorgeous view of the lagoon, the Hotel Zone, and even of the ocean. We were not going to trade this for anything. Did I mention our balcony was about 3X the size of the other room, and that it wrapped around? We couldn’t have been more pleased. We aren’t balcony people, but this time we did use the lounger bed several afternoons for siestas!

The room itself is typical of the Palace resorts. Nice two person Jacuzzi, King bed for us, vanity area with two sinks, bathroom (small), closet space, etc. I’m told the Beach Palace rooms are slightly larger than the other Palace resorts, although I really didn’t notice. What I did notice is the layout of the vanity/bathroom area. It’s only a small complaint, but when using the one vanity, watch out for the bathroom door!! I learned quickly that while blow drying my hair (upside down at that), to move quickly when the hubby came out of the bathroom. The door would smack me right in the head if I didn’t. Unless the door was closed, one sink was totally useless. Sorry for the rant. You may ask why I just didn’t use the far sink, but the hairdryer cord would not reach that far.

At first we thought the resort was too small for us. We like the intimacy of the smaller resorts, but initial impression was that it was “tiny.” That quickly changed and we fell in love with it.

The pool area worked out great. It is a family resort, so they have designed the area quite well. On one side is a small, shallow pool great for the small children. On the other far side is the swim up bar. Finally a family resort where it seemed no one was irritating or bothering the other. I don’t care for rough language around young kids, and I don’t care for young kids hanging at the adult swim up bar, so it worked out fantastically.

The roof top bar was such an added bonus. I found my way up there myself one afternoon while the hubby got some work done on his computer. The small bar up there was quiet, and what amazing bar service. Great mojitos. The burgers were also yummy. There is another small pool with swim up bar on one side, and another pool on the other. That side was closed when we were there, I’m sure due to lower occupancy. An actual HOT tub was also found on the rooftop. We spent most later afternoons here, but somehow never made it up in the evenings.

Beach Palace offered a good selection of dining choices for a small resort as well. We enjoyed the lunch buffet a few times, but preferred to order off of the (small) menu poolside or up on the rooftop. For dinner, we enjoyed Mexican, the Italian, Steak, and our favorite – Asian. I’m not a wine connoisseur by any means, but do enjoy a glass or so with dinner. What I loved about this resort is that they had more than just one house wine that was included with the AI plan. Each dinner I had a different bottle of wine, and the wine steward was more than happy to listen to what I wanted and brought it, or a comparable selection.

I felt drinks were pretty good for the most part. Some could be hit or miss at the swim up bar, and I had to leave a few sit as I really couldn’t identify what they gave me. A mojito, amazingly, could taste so different each time. Luis up on the rooftop was way more consistant.

We aren’t one for nightly entertainment, we like to leave the resort for that, so I can’t really comment on anything other than the fire show. We got a bottle of wine, sat outside by the Steak restaurant and enjoyed the show.

At the time, Palace was still offering the free tours (the $1500 promo started shortly afterwards). We decided to take advantage and book the Tulum tour. We booked this at the concierge desk (aka timeshare), and expected to be asked to take advantage of the presentation. We’ve been to Palace resorts before, and honestly, we were going to do it this time, if for no other reason than curiosity. Well, NO ONE asked us. Never brought it up. We couldn’t believe it!

The Tulum tour started with a “bathroom” stop which is more about shopping for souvenirs. Same style store as the one we stopped at on our way to Chichen Itza on a previous trip, so I assume it was a Palace shop. From there we went to the Tulum ruins which was as expected. It was hot, so when it started raining on our walk back to the parking lot area, it was more than welcomed. After the ruins, they take you to a sister resort, Xpu-Ha resort. It’s more of an ecological/zoo resort and was great to check out. This is where you have lunch and have time to hang in the pool (there really is no beach) or to do whatever. It is a long day, but glad we did it.

I took advantage of the spa for a simple manicure and pedicure. I left pleased, but have to say, strange things happened after that. On occasion I would notice my nails (fingers and toes) turn white and cloudy. As soon as I was going to step in to the spa to show them, it was gone. It came and went the whole time, but decided to just let it go. I have no explanation.

All in all, another GREAT Palace vacation!!! We really are so pleased with them, and have not had a bad stay or experience yet. We are ranking the Beach Palace as one of our top favorites of all time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

We are Palace members and Beach Palace is our favorite resort of all the Palace resorts. It's small enough where the staff get to know you by name which is great. All of the restaurants have great food. The Italian and Asian restaurants have an enforced dress code--long pants for men is a must. No exceptions! The other 2 restaurants have a more relaxed atmosphere.

The pools are very clean. If you want to be entertained by the staff and have music all day long, the main pool is for you. There is a roof top pool and it seems to be quieter.

The gym is located on the roof too. It's a bit on the small side but has 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines and 4 bikes. There are also free weights.

You won't be disappointed in this resort. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me. Since I am a member, I can get you member rates. I don't profit by helping you book a vacation at any Palace resort. You pay Palace resorts directly! E-mail for more info!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Monticello, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

My fiancee & I have never been out of the USA noir on a vacation together in eight years of our relationship, so this was a first for both of us. Originally we planned a 10-day getaway in Dec to Jamaica but due to unforseen circumstances, we had to cancel. You could imagine the disappointment so without further ado, I schedule a next day trip to Cancun for five days of paradise.
This hotel made it possible. We had a superb time. They treated us like royalty and that's how we felt. These people know how to do their job and do it very good. Very clean, very large in room jacuzzis, execellent maid service, breathtaking ocean views, and the staff...the staff is what makes it. Our favs were Arsenio & Abraham! Arsenio is alot of fun and very outgoing & Abraham is a riot who promised me a free stay at Abraham Palace (when he builds it) & gave us some valueable information and great tourist spots away from the norm, these guys are a class act and became our friends. I highly reccommend them! We went to breakfast four out of five days just to see these guys! the room service was execellent( Sorry Moses...we forgot to get you back!) but we enjoyed the company of the A-Team mentioned above. Honorable mentions to Christian ( ladies like him with those big blue eyes) he was a blast by the great pool bar you must visit! & "Bartender on Roof" who I visited frequently for the "best" Bob Marley maker around but never got his name. If you stay on the 4th floor the statue by room 416 we nicknamed him "Bob" b/c he was our landmark in finding our room after frequents visits to the roof...things get a little confusing. The entertainment was really great with activities round the clock. We participated in casino night which was a blast! every night we ended it with long walks along the beach by moonlight...yes, its that beautiful and every morning we would wake to a breathtaking sunrise! We ended it all with a romantic spa treatment (which was out of this world) and we were sad to be leaving. I've read reviews and I know when I look at them, your looking for that right place and everywhere seems flawed. Trust me, this place has it all for everybody and located in a great spot! I reccomend everybody trying it and I promise you it will be the place you'll compare others too.

Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

My boyfriend and I just returned for an 8-day stay at the Beach Palace from 11/1- 11/8 and loved it. The room, the service, the food and the location were all great - and not just great for an all-inclusive, great period!

The Beach Palace is not a massive resort; in fact it's on the smaller side. If you've only stayed at huge resorts in the past, you may be underwhelmed. However, staying in a small resort has its perks. You can get from your room to the beach, lobby, rooftop or mezzanine in a snap. You can also get better acquainted with the phenomenal staff, all of whom truly go out of their way to please you.

We had a room with a lagoon view and partial beach view on the sixth floor. Because we had a corner room, our balcony was huge. The balcony, which wrapped around the corner of the resort, contained a large cushioned lounger for two and a small table with two chairs, with plenty room to spare.

The room was super spacious and clean. The hot tub was awesome! It takes a while to fill up (15-20 minutes), but it’s well worth it. The jets feel amazing after a long hard day at, you know, the beach. The liquor dispenser was amazing, and since the mini-fridge is stocked with various sodas and juices (apple, orange, Sprite, Coke, etc) you can have fun mixing your own drinks.

Our favorite restaurant in the resort was the Wok. The fish was unbelievably fresh, and we agreed that we’d never tasted sushi like that before. The Steak came in for a close second, we really enjoyed how they seasoned the meat, and they made an awesome tuna steak as well. They also have outdoor seating, and one night they were playing live footage from a Queen concert on a huge screen above the pool. Totally random and a little bizarre, but we liked it. The Italian restaurant was good but not very memorable. The buffet (Tequila) was very good and had a big variety of foods. Our usual waiter, Abraham, was amazing!

The drink service by the pool and beach was usually great. Within minutes of staking out your lounger, you’d have a waitress ask what you’d like to drink. We really liked the snacks and sandwiches at the pool bar, especially their nachos and ceviche. The pool and beach areas were never crowded when we went, so there was never any shortage of loungers. There were daily activities everyday by the pool. I probably could’ve done without the deafening loudspeaker announcements of said activities, though!

We took a walk down to the Cancun Palace on the beach one day (about a mile away) and we thought that we had the best beach at Beach Palace – no rocks or garbage like we saw at some other resorts. There is about a two foot wall of sand you have to jump down from to get to the water (due to the beach restoration), but most parts of the beach in Cancun have this.

We loved the rooftop pools, bar and hot tubs. There are also cushioned loungers on the roof too. This serves as an awesome alternative to the pool/beach area. It’s a shame this area isn’t open later (I believe it closes at 8pm.) It would make such a cool late-night hangout spot. We did hang out at the Stadium bar and the Lounge bar for a little bit. Usually only one or the other was open, but they each had a unique vibe. This is where poker night and karaoke night are held too. At any bar, you can get plastic “to-go” cups if you ask for them.

We took full advantage of the Palace Dollars promotion. We did the Isla Mujeres trip, the Jungle Tour, Ziplining, Romantic Dinner, and Tulum. On the Isla Mujeres trip we went off on our own and rented a scooter, which the guides don’t exactly approve of, but it’s a ton of fun. On the Jungle Tour, you get to drive your own speedboat all over the lagoon, which is also a blast. Ziplining at Xtreme Kingdom was great, and after ziplining you have an additional hour for another excursion that you have to pay for. We did horseback riding and we got to swim with the horses! On the Tulum excursion, you get to also visit Xpu-Ha Palace, where you have lunch and can snorkel, kayak, and see all the crazy animals on the resort’s grounds. The Romantic Dinner was fantastic. A photographer will take your pictures, and you can purchase them using your Palace Dollars as well. We were very lucky to be there when they were releasing baby turtles back into the ocean at night, definitely a once in a lifetime experience!

We also each received mani-pedis, 20-minute massages and I did the chocolate wrap and my boyfriend did the holistic massage using our Palace Dollars. The spa was amazing and you leave feeling truly pampered. A great thing to schedule on a rainy day, if you can!

Obviously, we did a lot on our trip, but you could also have an amazing time at the Beach Palace by doing nothing at all. I would absolutely return to the Beach Palace, or perhaps another Palace resort, in the future.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Just returned from a week @ BP/Cancun (11/6-11/13). This was our 2nd time to stay @ BP and as before, it was wonderful!! The staff are great as is the food, the beach (new since the beach reclaimation project) & the setting. The new promotion is 1500 "points" or "dollars" which can be used to pay for tours & other hotel services...please read below to know what we learned by the end of the week to make the best of this offer.

1. Schedule your "spa treatments" as well as airport transfers early in the week. Everyone wantst to hit the pool/travel all week & leave their spa time 'til the last day. Those appts go fast so book early. The spa mani/pedi isn't that great (the free one), so don't plan on your nail polish staying on all week!!

2. The promo points can be used for pictures (located on mezz. level) as well as limo transport to the airport. Figure out what you want early & again, sch. early.

3. Please try all the restaurants, but the Itailain is by far the best. The food was great in all the restaurants & it was a joy to be able to eat quality food with great service. Don't forget the pool bar...great shrimp coctail as well as cerveche.

4. Schedule the lobster dinner for 2 (on the beach) early in the week. This was a delightful treat & we loved it!!! Very romantic, but breezy...take a sweater or jacket!

5. We went to Tulum w/ our travel companions (we had been there, they had not)...the stop @ Xpu Ha was AWFUL!!! There was NO FOOD!!! It looked like a pack of wild dogs had come thru & more buses kept on coming. Tulum is very commercialized since we went about 8-10 years ago...beautiful water & ruins but the "tour" provided i.e. the tour guide & lunch stop was horrible!! I wouldn't recommnend.

6. This is not a hotel for young children, they have a small "kids center" but it is mostly adults, if you have children, consider Cancun Palace.

7. Don't hesitate to buy silver from the "beach guys"....believe it or not, it was the best priced (we haggled) as well as quality.

8. I know it is not the norm to tip @ "all inclusives" but take a bunch of $1 dollar bills to tip the staff for your drinks, lunch, etc @ the pool as well as the bell hop, etc. We did tip & found the service was the same but the staff work twice as hard as our American service staff & probably make a lot less!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!