“Our honeymoon at Beach Place was absolutely unforgetable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Kids Stay Free
Ranked #6 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Our honeymoon at Beach Place was absolutely unforgetable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed at Beach Palace Cancun on our honeymoon after a friend raved about this resort. The resort alone is absolutely amazing with the most beautiful beach we saw the whole trip. The food and drink at the resort was amazing, with plenty of choices all day every day. We loved the causual relaxed entertainment that was offered throughout the week. We had so much fun, but we also had plenty of time to relax as this was not a "spring break party" atmosphere. Most impressive was the staff! Every last person greeted you with a smile and asked if you needed anything, and were SO FRIENDLY all week. The staff made us feel so important, and totally made our honeymoon extra special. I cannot recommend the Beach Palace enough if you are looking for a fun but not to crazy environment, great food, beautiful rooms and the best beaches in Cancun! You will be well taken care of here, and your vacation will be just as unforgetable as ours.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,045)
  • Korean first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Marcela the front desk clerk and Erick the bartender makes the stay at this hotel so enjoyable. All staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and nice. Breakfast is the best meal of the day with so many options. The beach is very nice and big. Great ocean front views. I just can't say enough nice things about this place.

We have stayed at this hotel twice and if we go back will not be hesitant about staying there again. Thank you Marcela and Erick for making this the best vacation ever!

York, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I'll start by saying that this was my 8th trip to the Cancun area. I always have a great time and I've never had a bad trip, this one included. However, this was the most disappointing resort I've stayed in.
My mother and I went down to the Beach Palace to plan my destination wedding, which I already had booked at this resort for May 2011. We went to meet with the wedding planner and work out some details. Thank goodness we did!!!! We weren't at the Beach Palace more than an hour and she told me, "You are NOT getting married here." Of course panic set in. After a full guided tour of the Beach Palace, I showed my mother all the rave reviews on TA. She was shocked. It's small, cold, and unwelcoming.

The main entrance is absolutely nothing. It's just a driveway, almost like you're turning into an alley. No grand entrance like many other resorts. The main floor consists of a tiny lobby with an ugly fake leather red couch and some fish tanks with a few fish in each. The check in desk is made of sheet metal with a bunch of dents and there are a few guest services desks scattered around. There are 3 restaurants crammed together, two of which are in the same room. And there is a small salon. No lobby bar, no music playing. Nothing.
The next level up there are two bars next to each other - weird. And a spa desk, gift shop and jewelry shop. The sky bar on the top floor has 2 pools, 2 jacuzzis and 2 bars (swim up and out of pool). They also serve fried snack food and smell of greasy food. It's pretty gross. Basically if you want to grab a cocktail and walk outside at night, you have to either get one of the top floor or the second floor. The set up makes no sense.

The pool area is one big pool divided into 3. There are many loungers in the pool which is a nice touch. There are almost no loungers on the beach and no papalas or beach beds which is too bad. It has no Mexican resort feel whatsoever. They do play decent music at the pool. Relaxing, spa-like music in the morning and then upbeat music in the afternoon. The "kids club" is a JOKE. DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILDREN HERE, there is NOTHING for them to do. They shouldn't even advertise a kids club. Pathetic.

The view is amazing and our concierge level room was very nice. Clean and spacious, with a large balcony with a lounger bed for two. Stocked mini fridge, liquor dispenser and they delivered bottles of wine and champagne with cheese and crackers to our room as surprises. Robes and slippers and big bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion was very nice. No privacy to change clothes - not a problem for us but could be for others. The free wi-fi in the rooms and the free calls home to the US from the room was VERY NICE. Super grateful for those amenities.

The food was okay. Not good, not bad. Just okay. Steak house for dinner was awful. Worst steak I've ever had. Italian for dinner was really good. Drinks were just okay. Restaurant service was outstanding. Probably had to do with the fact that the hotel was only about 20% (at MOST) occupancy. Bar service at the pool was very slow, not sure why, there was nobody there.
Our wedding planner took us to the Cancun Palace and gave us a tour. We immediately switched the wedding to the Cancun Palace. We even changed the date of the wedding to make it possible. Everything about the Cancun Palace is better. The entrance, the lobby, the layout, the bar options, the pool area. Much more inviting. I never thought bigger was better when looking for a resort, but in this case, it definitely is. The Kids Club at the Cancun Palace is simply amazing! I can't wait for my flower girl and friend's children to play in it, they'll be so happy there.

I have stayed at a few other resorts and I've spent less money for a better experience more than once. If you're thinking of the Beach Palace, do yourself a favor and check out the Cancun Palace or the Riu Palace Las Americas. If the Riu had a better beach, my wedding would be there hands down.

To anyone going anytime soon - there is construction going on at the ground level of the ME by Melia next door. Kind of annoying to hear the whirl of their drills from the pool or your balcony.

Oh - and before you think I'm one of those snobby travelers who is never pleased, I am not nit picky at all. It doesn't take much to make me happy and I've stayed at really nice budget hotels in Mexico before and been thrilled (Ocean Coral and Turquesa in Puerto Morelos is really nice and REALLY inexpensive.) So - with that said, I sit here and scratch my head wondering if I was punked - because the Beach Palace I stayed at is NOT the Beach Palace everyone else thinks is amazing. It's just not. It's average at best. Sorry.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fulshear, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I'm a little late in my review but I wanted to give one because we had such a nice stay at this all inclusive resort. First of all the hotel is a short drive from the airport and on one of the best stretches of beach in the area. Clear blue water, white sandy beach and it was very clean. The people working at this resort treat their guests very well. We upgraded to balcony sea view rooms with our Palace Bucks which is a promotion they are currently running until the end of the year I believe. (This promotion gives guests free 1500 palace bucks to spend in room upgrades, excursions, limited spa services and photographs taken by the onsite photographer who roams around. This promotion significantly boosted the value of the overall stay. Otherwise, It would have been a bit pricey in my opinion.)The rooms were large, immaculent, and had a jacuzzi tub in them. The balconys were very private and large with a table and chairs and a large chaise lounger for two. Free calls to the US is a nice added extra. The food in all the restaurants was some of the best food we've eaten compared to a lot of the all inclusive resorts in Mexico and we've stayed at quite a few 4 and 5 stars throughout Mexico. I like the concept of no reservations. Just show up for a table at whatever restaurant you want to eat at that night, no problem. There is only one thing I would change about this hotel and that is activities. If they would have had a little more in this area, I would have rated it a higher over all score. They could really add to the experience if they had some beach equipment available for use and more activities coordinated, ie boogie boards, snorkel equipment, canoes, even frisbees for the beach and maybe a little more action out by the pool. Bingo and Water aroebics just doesn't cut it in my book. My husband and I are in our 40's and we brought our daughter and her boyfriend who are in their early 20's and even though we all had a fantastic time, it was definitely not a party type atmosphere. If you want to party, I'd go elsewhere. Even the entertainment in the evenings was pretty lame. I would choose Beach Palace if you just want to totally get away, destress, and relax and all four of us did exactly that! We all said we would go back - even the young ones!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We stayed at the Beach Palace from Sat/Sat. Sept 11-18 2010. The hotel was almost completly what I expected going in. The staff, location, the rooms, the views and the $1500 palace bucks were all great. Cancun itself was great, my wife and I thougth it was the best place in Mexico we have visited so far. Which includes Playa Del Carmen, Ixtapa, and Puerto Vallarta. We will come again, and we will stay at the Beach palace again. I do wholeheartly endorse a consideration by anyone for staying at the Beach Place.

The palace bucks we used $920 to upgrade from base resort view to concierge level, we were in room 508. We gained all the extra's such as 2 additional 25 minute free massages, full room service menu, aromatherapy, and the pillow turn down service. Next we used $238/300max for the spa, my wife had a FREE 50 minute massage, and 50 minute facial. Lastly we went to Isla Mujeres for the day for $150 total. Again FREE...

The food and drink were borderline excellent, the drinks double shot Absolut screwdrivers all day, and all week. For beer they only had Dos Equis, which was good enough for me. The food, breakfast- buffet only, was very good overall grade B+. Lunch buffet, and poolside bar options. I usually was at the poolside bar for lunch. Mixed cerviche- GREAT. I only had one hamburger the whole week, and that was at Sunpalace, lunch grade B+. Dinner, four restaurants to choose from, my favorite was the outdoor streak restaurant. The cool wind in the early evening, dusk, combined along with a nice T-bone, and shrimp combo was the BEST.... I miss that <sigh> the waiter was a good guy too, who I enjoyed. The other three restaurants were good as well, overall grade A. Overall the food and drink part were A- for a grade.

Everything, and I mean everything was a PRO..... Only cons I could see were all known by me upfront, before I even booked the hotel. Con 1. No palmtrees in the pool/beach area. 2. No non-motorized water sports. Con 3. was very minor and that was the very low occupancy. I love to talk to people, and drink with people. I like to meet new people, not as much of that as I had hoped for. But I still did. <waves> to the new Canadian, British,Brazilian, and Mexican friends made. And I cannot forget all the New Jersey people meet either. The staff were great to talk with as well, esp. the entertainment, and bar staff. I am not good at remembering names but I did like them all. I mean ALL of them.

The occupancy was very low for the first few days 12%, 55 people total on monday night. However it picked up a lot starting tuesday, and was up around 25% by friday. It was real quiet for 3-4 days. There was only 4 kids I saw total, and two of them were mid teens. Later in the week it was around 15 total. Still kinda quiet the rest of our stay.

We visited Isla Mujeres, Cancun, Sun, and Moon Palaces. My wife like the Beach palace the best. And I had Beach, and Cancun Palace co-tied-Cancun Palace was more alive. All were good, but for different reasons. I would stay at all of them if I only had one palace resort choice. And you can visit any of them if you wish. They run a bus at 11am, and 1pm from Beach palace, to Moon palace that comes bach at 5/7pm. The bus stops at each palace resort on the way down, so you could use it to visit the Sun palace if you wished.

Lastly the hotel was very very SAFE, and all areas of Cancan we visited including Isla Mujeres, were very safe. I didn't spend even one second, nor did my wife worrying about security. The hotel staff, and guests, and locals, were all very nice, pleasant, and engaging. I didn't run into one whiner, arsehat, etc. the whole week that is a first.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I took my family here ( Beach Palace ) 8-24 to 9-1-2010-

We had a wonderful time. after reading all the reviews from everyone we decided to make are vacation stay at the Beach Palace.. a few things to list about this hotel.

Promotion of $1500 was used.
they give you hotel credits that can be used on tours, . Zip-line , water park, 3 different Ruins tours, Spa, room upgrade, .... ect... we did use all the credit by the end of our 9 day stay with a limo ride to the airport.. Great deal..

Food--- 24hr room service... although not the best tasting - Two restaurants that require dress code ( just pants and no tank top ) no reservation needed.
Wok is Japanese- good food and Sushi too. the other is Italian, not so good..
and then you have a so called Steak house (outside)... although not the best steak in town-not bad.... then you have the Buffet --Breakfast-Lunch- Dinner.
We found that the buffet was the best.... the swim up bars also offered food too.

Rooms -- beds are a bit hard, but all hotels beds are. Rooms are nice and clean , not smelly or old looking . View from beach side room was awesome.. view from lagoon side was good...

Hotel-- great location to walk to shopping in either direction , A/C throughout the hotel which was a big plus for us.
Sports bar with lots a TV's and sitting along with two pool tables, and a night club... kids are welcome ANYWHERE in the hotel.
the hotel puts on daily activities and shows.

Pools... Two are on the sky roof and one big one at beach level with swim up
bars at both.

Beach is clear and clean.
With the all inclusive you can use your wist band at all the different " PALACE " resorts..

Mike

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Great time. Can't say enough about the staff, from the check-in desk, restaurants, cleaning staff. Food was excellent (thank you Gabriela for those wonderful eggs in the morning.)
Especially enjoyed the staff at the pool bar: Fernando, Christian, Blanca, Chef Raul, Blanca, Isabel, both Daniel's, and Zacarias, they made the week great. Hated to leave.
Ocean was outstanding (except for the days when it was too rough to go in!),
Hotel was spotless, would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!