“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Memorial Day Sale 40% Off
Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this resort. The service was outstanding. There was an employee working in the beach area named Victor Gomez who went an extra mile to make us feel comfortable. We always found him readily available to help us. There was another employee named Jose Antonic Sanchez, who worked in the maintenance committee, whose service was extraordinary. He was very hardworking and made us feel at home. Overall, each and every employee gives you special attention to cater to your needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second or third floor are better because you can see the outdoor activities clearly fro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Ronnie J:
Thank You Very Much for naming the individuals that made your stay with us, a GREAT ONE!!! I hope that if you comeback to Cancun you choose us back again!!!

Thanks Again

Luis Ojeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,205)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Like my title states, I visited four months ago (Beach Palace staff, I apologize for taking so long to submit my review). I visited with my family (3 daughters in their 20s and my parents). This was our first time to Cancun and my family put in a lot of time and research to ensure that we chose the best place for what we were looking for. We definitely were impressed and happy with our decision in choosing Beach Palace.

When we arrived at the hotel I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The entry way to the hotel was nothing extravagant. But, the second you walk through the glass doors you are greeted by friendly staff members handing us a little flower (unexpected, but cute) and a beautiful lobby. We received a lovely glass of a delicious green mint beverage (a welcome beverage). After being checked in we were taken to an area to talk to a staff member about excursions and tours. While at first I was a little irritated that the next people who greeted us were attempting to sell us tours, I ended up appreciating it. Here's why:

1. while they were selling tours, we were able to better understand the free credit we received while staying at this resort. We took this time to ask a lot of questions about the free credit.
2. we were able to learn more about the excursions we ended up taking. We ended up using our free credit for our excursions, but after our excursions my family and I agreed that we will definitely pay for some of the tours that the staff was offering us (snorkeling in the cenotes, etc.) the next time we go to Cancun.

On to our experience...my sisters and I shared a room, while my parents enjoyed their room that overlooked the beautiful ocean. I was extremely impressed by the room. It was very open and bright. While I didn't use it, there was a huge jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room (will definitely use the next time I go). We had two beds and a beautiful balcony (even though it didn't overlook the ocean). During my 8 day stay I actually slept on the reclining chair on the balcony for 4 nights because it felt absolutely amazing outside! With this being my first experience at an all-inclusive resort, I was very impressed with the liquor cabinet for 4 different hard alcohols and the never ending replenishment of beer in our little fridge.

Now, about the staff: like I mentioned, it's been 4 months since I was at this resort. I still remember the staff members who left amazing impressions on my family and me. At the sky bar was bartender Manuel and chef Hermeliuda (not sure if I spelt that right). Prior to going on this trip, I was afraid that the rooftop bar would be inundated with crazy, drunk people (much like the Cancun, spring break stereotype). But, it was extremely peaceful, only enhanced by Manuel's wonderful drinks and Hermeliuda's lovely cooking. The most memorable beverage (which I do not remember the name) had red wine in it...Manuel worked his magic and it quickly became my mother's favorite drink for the week. Food wise, the shrimp skewers were delicious. Manuel was extremely friendly and helpful when we were asking for tips about getting around town. It was also great learning more about Manuel and his life in Cancun, which he was so open and willing to share.

At the pool bar there was Guillermo, Erick, Luis, Gerardo & Sergio. They were FABULOUS! We got to spend a lot of time with Guillermo, and he was extremely accommodating. My sister, prior to the trip, turned 21. We wanted to make it a big deal and Guillermo was the man to make it happen. He continued to make my sisters' and I drinks. While I have had my fair share of adult beverages, Guillermo definitely made me drinks that were firsts for me.

The best part of the staff is that they remembered (or at least pretended to remember) us throughout the course of our trip.

We took two excursions through Beach Palace: snorkeling/submarine and Chichen Itza. I personally enjoy learning about the history of places I visit, so our visit to Chichen Itza was a blast. Our tour guide, Erik (from Mayan Sites and Destinations) was amazing! He was extremely informational and I definitely left that day learning more than I ever thought I would about Mayan culture and history. As for the snorkeling excursion, it was fun...but I was a little disappointed at the fact that we had to wear life vests (I like to dive when snorkeling to get closer to all the neat things to see in the ocean). I will not hold that against Beach Palace as it was for liability reasons for the company that did the snorkeling, but it did put a little damper on my snorkeling experience. BUT, we did see sea turtles, barracudas and some of the underwater statues during both the submarine and snorkeling experience.

The hotel offered a lot of fun activities throughout the course of the day, many being family friendly. Personally, I enjoyed the beach crossfit and zumba classes that Cristobal held daily. An absolute BLAST! Cristobal had way too much energy, but that made every event he led fun, regardless of what time in the day. We were definitely the only resort on the beach doing zumba during the afternoon. There were also evening shows outside that were fun to watch. We enjoyed the Michael Jackson show, the drum circle, and the various dance shows that were offered throughout the course of the week.

The food was great. There is a wonderful selection of healthy options, and not so healthy options. :) In the buffet area there is always agua fresca. I enjoyed every version of agua fresca that was offered. There was an Italian restaurant that we enjoyed (it's been a while so I don't remember exactly what we ate, but I remember enjoying it). The Asian restaurant was good, but it is first come first serve, and the wait can get pretty long. It was nice having an Asian cuisine choice for food. Some of the food was a bit salty, but we ended up eating there more than once...so it didn't bother us that much.

A few random things about the resort: they have a cute little sports bar that has finger foods and pool tables on the second floor, for those days you want to not be out in the sun. We were looking for excuses to use our room credit, so my sisters, dad and I went to the spa. I got a facial (which did not include an extraction...just in case you are curious and picky about your facials). It felt good regardless and I enjoy having my face slathered with lotions and serums. My dad and sisters got the massage. For my sisters, the pressure was perfect. My dad would have preferred more pressure, but still enjoyed the hour of peaceful relaxation. I also worked out at the gym on the roof a few times. It is pretty small, but I never felt like I needed to wait for equipment to use.

Be sure to take a walk along the beach at night. The view is SPECTACULAR! My sister has one of those really nice DSLR cameras and was able to get amazing shots of the stars in the sky. It is very romantic (if you are with your special someone) and/or can be a very relaxing walk while you attempt to digest all the food that you will consume while staying at the resort!

Definitely take A LOT of sunscreen. When you read reviews stating that sunscreen costs $25 a bottle in Cancun, they aren't kidding. Also, if you ever want to exchange your dollars to pesos, the little store in the lobby has a good exchange rate. I only found one place further down the road in the mall that has a slightly better exchange rate. By slightly, I mean not worth it if you're exchanging enough to ensure that you have some pesos on you to tip.

Anywho, if you made it this far in my review, thank you for taking the time to read this. Obviously, if I am dedicating this much time and effort months after my vacation to write about my experience at the Beach Palace it means that it really was a great vacation for me. Thank you Beach Palace!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tomb_Raider_Lara:
If you have to take 4 months to write such an amazing review, don´t worry, it is worth it!!! It is one of the best reviews I have ever answered, also another good thing when it takes so many time its...That is almost time to take another vacation, so please comeback!!!

Thanks Again
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Just returned home from a week at the Beach Palace. The location is great, beautiful beach, very close to shopping (walking distance), nightlife (5 min on bus/taxi) and some smallish ruins at El Rey (10 min by bus/taxi). The staff are really great. Extremely helpful, friendly and genuine. We felt like we were well cared for everywhere from the front desk, to the bars, restaurants and room.

The resort itself is on the smaller side, but it has everything you need. The pools (beachside and on the sky terrace) were great and busy, but not crowded. Couldn't get a beach chair but then again we didn't show up out there until afternoon. The restaurants were excellent. We particularly enjoyed the Terrace restaurant and the Italian restaurant. Tequila which is the buffet style restaurant where they serve breakfast (and lunch and dinner) is good, but it's a buffet, the quality of the food at the other restaurants was much better. We only had appetizers at the Asian place, so I can't comment other than that the poki and sashimi were good.

We used part of our resort credit for the massages and they were really good. The environment in the spa is very relaxing, however, I felt that the $149 price was a bit much if you didn't have the credit, so we didn't book another. For $100-125 I would have been back in.

We did not use the resort credit for any of the other activity choices they offered, but we did have them book us at XPlor and Cocobongo (which were not options under the credits). Xplor was amazing and I'll review that separately. Cocobongo was also incredible. Even though I was 30 years younger than a good portion of the crowd, I had a blast and did not feel out of place at all. My 26 y/o son with whom I traveled, loved it.

As others have mentioned, the ocean side higher floor rooms are wonderful. We were originally put on the first floor and while this was good, we did request and were moved the next day to an upper floor. Only difference in the room was the view. The other big difference though was that being on a higher floor meant it was easier to get a elevator. The elevators were a huge pain the first day for two reasons. We were on the first floor which meant that the elevators were full when they came up from the Lobby since it hadn't dropped others off yet, and full when they came from the top since they had already filled up. There are 4 elevators, but they seemed to stop at far more floors than necessary partly because there is no light or sound to alert you when an elevator is available at your floor and they are quiet so if you aren't watching every elevator bay it's easy to the one that stopped for you.

The lobby is a bit busy and small. Not an elegant first impression, but it is not a fancy place, so it fit. We went to the Moon Palace one day which has a more elegant entrance. Moon Palace is huge (almost 3000 rooms). It has 3 different distinct hotel areas with different lobbies and an inter resort shuttle to go between areas (although we walked it). The pool at the main lobby is enormous. Beach at Moon Palace though was not very nice and the resort itself is remote. Even the local bus which runs through the hotel zone does not stop here. They have a shuttle which goes back and forth a few times a day between Beach Palace and Moon Place, but if you miss that you would need to take a taxi. I don't know if they arrange transportation to anything else from there. We were glad we stayed at Beach Palace. It was a better fit for getting around and doing things outside of the resort.

All in all a very good trip and very good resort. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear bulmersisbest:
We have things that need to be mention, but I will put our best assets in the next order:
1 The Beach
2 Staff
3 Location, Location, Location

I think those would be the three best things you get when you stay at The Beach Palace, I think you found them all and that make me so happy!!

Thanks For staying with us!!

Cornwall,ENGLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Stayed here December '13 so a little slow reviewing.

Room was good, clean. We had lagoon view which was fine but upgraded with credits to sea view, what a view!! no issues with either.

Food - overall very good, loved the Italian and Wok (Asian), the grill outside was fine but a notch lower. Buffet was ok, smallish hotel so less choice than bigger AI's we've visited, no complaints.

Pool - good, roof pools good aswell.

Entertainment - ok. jesus and co were excellent

Service - excellent, yadira was fab

Beach - nice, water warm but please watch the rip currents, the lifeguards are excellent but there is no info anywhere warning about the rips and how to avoid them or escape them if you get caught.

We did coco bongos and would do it again but maybe vip, it was rammed. The turtle swim with zip wires was good value even though I jibbed the rappel!

We used resort credits, you don't have to do the morning presentation, just sit with one of the reps in reception for 10mins and then you get them.

Also did the Pirate ship, can see that kids may enjoy it however it was $80 each and I didn't think it was worth the money.

Hope this helps even though brief.

The big question is, would I return - Definitely.

Just to add a con - reception was pretty grim, could do with some happy smiles !!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jimmer P:
If you have to wait 9 months to write this kind of review, NO PROBLEM!! take your time, it is a great one!! Its great to see that people that travels all the way from Europe, having so many choices to choose from, pick us up to spend their holiday, I am really grateful for that!!

Its almost time to comeback again!!

All the best to the Uk

Retford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We have travelled with two boys aged 10 and 12. Beach Palace has a bit of something for everyone whether you are travelling with children or as a couple. The main pool area has a waterside which the boys almost wore out! There are two options for eating by the pool which are either a BBQ with burgers, hotdogs and salad or at the drinks bar you can order other snacks like chicken nuggets. You can even order from your bed and the staff will happily bring it to you. There is a very good waiter revise also by the pool and beach. The grounds are maintained well no there is always people cleaning the communal areas. We had a lagoon view room on the second floor which was nice if you don't want to pay the extra for a sea view you still get a water view. Be aware that if you have a sea view room that a lot of the evening entertainment is outside at the pool and is quite loud so these rooms may not be suitable if you want to go to bed before 10pm. The entertainment wasn't that great, we were looking forward to the Michael Jackson night but it's just a dance show, no live singing just a mime to the Jacko tracks, although the dancing was good!
The roof top pools were good after about 4pm as the sun would have left the main pool, also there are two jacuzzis up there but the snack menu is smaller here but good service.
Our favourite restaurant was the steakhouse terrazza and waiter Lidio Cordova who really looked after us on our last night, we ate here three times, it can get busy so be prepared to wait with slightly slower service if you go at peak times. Followed closely second was the Italian, great menu and the menu does change throughout the week. The wok wasn't that great and we wouldn't go there again. The main buffet is good at lunch and the evening with plenty of choice, only thing strange was that they don't serve French fries in there, special mention to waiter Edwardo Aguilar. Some of the staff really stand out and we did encounter a couple of grumpy ones!!!
Overall we would return again and I would say that it's the best all inclusive I have stayed at. We visited Moon Palace for the day and it has really gone downhill, the beach is full of seaweed, they used to clear it up but not anymore and the water is brown and smelly. We heard people say that they came down to beach palace most days on the free bus as it was so much better here. The beach here is stunning but the water can be rough and not suitable for swimming. We took a day trip to cozumel palace to do some snorkelling , there are lots of shops in cozumel but we didn't hVe time to explore this but well worth the trip. We took taxi to the ferry at playa del carmen but this can be done cheaper on the bus.
The resort credit is not as good as it used to be.the photographs are very expensive. The cheapest package was 10 pics for 240 dollars and that was with using the resort credit. I went for a massage which was superb and this only cost the 20 dollars in tax so well worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear rachaelandstephen:
WOW greta review!! thank you very much for sharing with all the world your experience at the Beach Palace, its great to see that you had a dream vacation with us.
I hope I can see you back in a near future!!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We spent the day here recently while holidaying at Moon palace. The view from the Sky bar on the 14th floor is AMAZING!! I definitely recommend some quality time up there. The beach was amazing and loved the close proximity to La Isla mall. However, the service was rather disappointing after the amazing service we got at Moon and I missed the great spacious lobby areas at Moon, Beach was so crowded you couldn't relax.
It's nice but I'd rather stay at Moon and do a couple of day trips here to enjoy the beach and shopping.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We recently stayed at Beach Palace for 5 days. While we had a great vacation, what stands out was bad service at various parts of the trip.

Service - When we first arrived, they took over three hours for our room to get our room ready after telling us it would be ready in an hour, then 30 mins, then another hour and then 30 more mins. Then they finally give us a room but the room key doesn't work and when we finally get in, it has two double beds as opposed to a king bed. They eventually gave us a requested room but not before trying to convince us to upgrade our room. Our party quickly figured out that this was a sales ploy by the front desk as they were giving many of the guests in the party the wrong room (King and 2 beds) and then trying to get them to upgrade in order to get the room they want. In addition, we occasionally had to deal with rude staff in the buffet and sky bar. I don't want to generalize that all staff are rude (they aren't) but customer service is definitely not a focus at this resort.

Food - We were happy with the food. The buffet had a good selection and the pool side bbq was great. We wish there was more variety in the number of restaurants but overall, we were happy with the food.

Facilities - The facilities are great. The pool is big enough while the beach is quite close. The elevator was a tad slow though.

Overall, we aren't inclined to come back or recommend this resort unless you were able to get a great price.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Choprano:
I am sorry for th perception you left with, you say you will consider comming back if i give you a good deal??
I am sorry, but the only thing I can give you, is my word that your stay will be the best.

Lusi Ojeda

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!