“Literally Our Favorite Resort in the Carribean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

Save Saved
You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
“Literally Our Favorite Resort in the Carribean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family likes to travel, and we have been to various resorts throughout the Caribbean. Hands down, this is our favorite. In fact, we just completed our 6th trip to the Beach Palace! The Resort is beautiful and always nice and cool inside. It is family friendly as well. We always have gone as couples without kids, so there is a good variety of with and without. The pool has a swim up bar with our favorite bartender Alfredo and server Yanet, There is a water slide and grills alongside the pool. There is an activity team that always makes sure everyone is having fun, from doing zumba by the pool, water aerobics, "crazy games," volleyball, etc. Jesus always will get you going! The Beach is beautiful and excellent for walking, sun bathing, or chilling in the water :)

All of the restaurants are fabulous! Our #1 favorite employee is Victor Yupit (love his smile!), and you can find him in the Tequilla Buffett Restaurant at night. The Buffett always has a variety of deliciousness :) You must have Gilmer (another great smile!) as your server in Boccheli, which serves yummy Italian food. Our favorite is usually the Filet with Risotto and the soup that they serve...sorry I can't remember the name! Wok is an oriental restaurant that has sushi, tempura, and much more! The tempura and sushi prob are my fav out of everywhere...But it's a tough call. Reyes served us in the Steakhouse, and for our romantic dinner on the beach, and again we were given impeccable service.

Some nights there are live shows to keep you entertained. They do a Michael Jackson show and a Fire and Drums show that are both really good. They also have a movie night...But there is always entertainment in the Stadium Bar...

So on to the Stadium Bar. Jesus and the activity team gets everyone going at night up here again. There are multiple games that the audience gets involved in, and they are always entertaining! :) Be ready to get involved or lay low and watch others get embarrassed! lol! Erik and Miguel will mix you some fabulous drinks behind the bar, and Carolina will bring them to you with a smile :)

The top level of the Beach Palace actually has 2 pools with grills and bars. The floor is surrounded by glass walls with no roof, so it is breathtaking view. It's usually pretty quiet and relaxing up here. At night Victor and Elmer will take care of you and always make sure you are happy :)

Other things of note: The rooms are beautiful and have jacuzzi tubs in them. You have a balcony with a futon and sitting area so you can enjoy the ocean. The spa is fabulous. The Jungle Tour is fun. I highly recommend doing the romantic beach dinner. If you choose to leave the resort at all for nightlife, Coco Bongo is the way to go. It always has tons of shows, and I don't know any place in the US like it.

I hope this helps!

Room Tip: Get ocean front!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Krystlecm:
Staff members are the biggest asset at the Beach Palace, 450 souls work so hard every day t provide the best service you can expect!!
Thank You Very Much for your great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am very happy that you enjoyed our shows also.

Thank you very much, I think I can consider you now a Beach Palace fan!!

Luis Ojeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (921)
  • Korean first
sacramento, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at the beach palace from Aug 12-19 with my husband and another couple. Overall we had a good time but I would not stay at this hotel again due to the terrible customer service.

After check-in with the front desk, we are quickly introduced to your "vacation planner" who offers you deals on tours and other discounted stuff but the catch is to sit through a timeshare presentation within the following two days. He is really nice and friendly at first but as soon as we tell him we are not interested in the timeshare, he does not want to waste another minute with us. We just spent the last 10 hours traveling, we are tired and hungry and the last thing I want do is hear about timeshares. After about 15 minutes we were finally done with the time share guy. Our room was not available when we arrived so we went to have lunch at the buffet. Finally, after we checked out into our room, we changed and went to the beach. Went to the grab beach towels and the lady behind the counter said there were no more towels and they would not have anymore for the rest of the day. We had no choice but to go to the beach without towels. We walked away disappointed. Keep in mind that this was 1pm during peak beach time. How do you run out of towels! Later when we were done with the beach, we went back to the counter and then there were towels and the same lady who told me there were no more towels handed me a towel.

Throughout the 7 days there we were able to try all the restaurants. Service is excellent at all the restaurants and food is good. Our favorite is the Italian restaurant and the Wok (asian) Restaurant was our least favorite. We saw one show and it was terrible. We didnt bother watching anymore shows after. The sports bar upstairs was empty every night we were there.

Some of the issues I had with the hotel was front desk and house keeping. The second and third day, we were woken up to loud noises outside our door. When I looked, it was workers doing some construction work. When I called front desk and asked if we can be moved to another room, we were told they will get back to us but we never heard back from them. Probably the fifth morning, I complained again and asked to be moved to another room and they lady on the phone said she will ask her manager. We had to leave for our excursion that morning but when we came back, there was no voicemail and no follow up from our request. We pretty much gave up at this point. But every morning we were woken up by the loud noises made by the staff...later to find out our room was right next to the staff elevator (room #427) so everytime they had to do a room service delivery we can hear the staff rolling their carts and talking in the hallways. The walls are soo thin, it was soo hard for us to rest in the mornings.

Issues I had with housekeeping was, as soon as we checked into our room, we were missing a hair dryer, and towels in our rooms. When called to ask for them for the missing items, it took them forever to bring it to our rooms. We both finished our showers and had to dry off with smaller towels before they finally came back with our towels. Then half way through our trip, I called housekeeping for more conditioner. When we arrived, there was Chi brand shampoo and conditioner. When I ran out of conditioner and asked for more, they brought me a different brand. I told them I wanted the Chi brand but they said they could not give it to me bc it was only one per room. That was pretty disappointing because they try to make a good impression by supplying the rooms with salon quality shampoo and conditioner but once you use it all they give you the generic cheap stuff and will not refill you with more Chi branded shampoo. Another incident was our last day. Right before we left for dinner, I called housekeeping to clean our rooms and then we come back four hours later to find our rooms not cleaned! So it was around 9pm and I called them again to tell them our room was not cleaned and they said we will have to wait til the following morning for it to be cleaned. Once again disappointing!

We had the chance to visit their sister hotels, Moon palace and Sun Palace. We visited the Moon palace after our dolphin excursion which we had a fabulous time! With our $1500 credit, we paid about $30 per person for this excursion which is cheap but then they sell you pictures that cost $60 pp so we end up spending around $100 pp for the dolphin excursion which is still considered cheap compared to Hawaii and the Dominican Republic. We had the chance to explore the hotel and it is probably 4 times the size of beach palace. It looks like a Vegas resort with a massive pool. The downfall to this hotel is the beach. It was really brown, murky, and lots of seaweed. We love to swim in the beaches so I am glad we did not stay at this hotel bc this beach was terrible.

Our last day we visited Sun palace for dinner. It was nice to get away from our hotel since there were so many kids. Sun palace is adults only so fewer people and they had a black jack game from 6-7pm before dinner that was alot of fun. The drinks seemed to taste better at this hotel too! This hotel has similar restaurants with similar foods as the beach palace. Ours did not have a mexican restaurant so we tried that. My husband had lobster for dinner...we paid the extra charge for lobster which was totally worth it. Overall, the hotel was small, I was not impressed with the pool and the beach once again was not as nice as the palace beach hotel. I was impressed however with their shows. They had a very fun show with great dancers! It was a very entertaining and a good ending for our last night in Cancun (Beach palace shows were not even half as good as Sun palace).

All in all, we still had a good trip because of the excellent service at the restaurants and great company. Service in other areas was not good considering this is Cancun's top 10 hotel. We would not stay here again and would stay at an adults only hotel because they pay more attention to detail and offer better service.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the end of the hallway near the staff elevators!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear islovbabe:
I am sorry about the inconviniences that you experienced during your stay with us, I will adress everybody who is involved in this review that make you think that the Beach Palace is not a five star hotel, I respect your perception, however I want to mention something particular, you say that Beach Palace shows are terrible when you only saw one, and you also say that Sun Palace shows are great when you only saw one as well, I think we could deserve another chance specially if you were week for a week...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Currently half way through our two week holiday here, currently just chilling on my balcony so thought I would write a review. May I just add....the only time in my life I have felt compelled to write a review.

Firstly, the rooms. We are on the 10th floor....sea view. Just...wow. Huge room, great jacuzzi, great view, great mini bar and the 24 hour room service is great. Really could not ask for much more I have to say.

Food. The ala carte restaurants are fantastic. Really liked the Japanese and the steak restaurant was nice to. Breakfast is fantastic....the best breakfast selection I have ever come across, and the nicest. Not been overly struck by the lunch or evening food in the buffet restaurant if I am honest....but will look to give it another chance tonight.

The pool bar BBQ burgers by the way.....some of the best burgers I have ever had.

Swimming pools are nice. Clean, and the bar staff at the pool bar are friendly and quick to serve. The Sky Bar is awesome though....and have been heading here about 3.30pm each day when the main pool disappears in the shade. Friendly staff up here, very chilled area and great way to wind the day down by relaxing and taking the views in.

Last but not least. The staff. Every member of staff I have encountered so far has been friendly, polite and welcoming. Everyone a pleasure and seem to genuinely enjoy working at the hotel.

Great hotel, massively recommend it

• Stayed August 2014
Dear AndrewM8UK:
Thank You Very Much for your great comments, I can see that you are still at our property, if you have the chance please ask for me, it will be a pleasure to meet you and shake your hand!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hi all,
We came back to the state over a week ago, after having a great vacation at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun. I would like to bring to the table a few inputs to help you to make up your mind when you need information to assist you choosing the right hotel for your family vacations.

What I don't like: The resort is small and has no garden at all. you will not have the luxury to have a nice walk after a great meal like at most other resorts in Cancun. if you like tree shade, green tree garden with romantic setup, you will be devastated when you come to stay at this hotel.

What I like about this resort:
1. Cleanliness: no question about this from your room, to the common area, restaurants, even restroom :-) It is excellent and well kept!
2. Accommodation: Beautiful and comfortable room. Plenty of supplies in the room and everywhere through out the resort to make sure that your family has all the needs taken care of.
3. Services: this is the best of this resort. Its employees in every department and places, especially at the restaurants, are very helpful, kind, polite, and pleasant to deal with.
A few names that I would like to point out to show my gratitude for their services:
3a. Restaurants: Mr. Urbano, Luis, Ernesto, Sonia, Eduardo, Tequila, Urbano is a really kind and open up individual to interface with and the employees in the restaurants are all very kind and courteous with the customers and I truly appreciate their services.
3b. Bell Service: Ricardo and his teammates are very helpful for any question you might have to enjoy your out-of-the resort activities. Ricardo went extra miles to contact with the good and trustworthy cab driver that we had the day before to give us another rides to Crococun the next day.
3c. Reception desk: Great staff their to answer all of your questions to make your stay better. The beautiful Iris is a very pleasant individual to talk to as well.
3d. Beach bar staff: Victor and his like-twin workmate Ben are hard workers and make your day at the beach much more relaxed and enjoyable.

Extra: Courtesy shuttle back and forth to moon Palace is a big plus for you to enjoy your stay to the max. Please don't miss this opportunity.

I hope that you can enjoy the resort as much as we could.

Room Tip: Ocean view room was what I liked.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cuong P:
Thank You Very Much for your nice comments and review, you are totally right, we do not have many gardens or green spots at our property because we rather focuse all the attention on the magnificent Beach, and also as you say if you like gardens you can always visit our sister properties where you will find acres of grounds and beautiful gardens.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took a coach from Moon Palace Resorts to the Beach Palace. Its a great way to spend the afternoon. Beach and pools kept the kids entertained.
We took the lift to the Sky bar. Here the staff make you feel welcome, Yadira will help take holiday snaps and Miguel at the bar was friendly too.
Fantastic views along the beach and across the lagoon, not to be missed.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ali W:
Thank you very much for your visit and comments about our Beach Palace, I have one suggestion for you, next time you come over to Cancun, stay with us!!!

Thanks Again

Centennial, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You start with a hard sell for time share. You can't book a restaurant without getting the hard sell. They of course try to increase the resort credit until you agree to sit and lose vacation time for the harder sell. Please remember everything you can use a resort credit for has a large price increase. I think a massage is like $200 in resort credits. My wife had the perfect answer. She said, "you can make the resort credit 10k and I still won't go. I want to get to the pools".

The all inclusive food is marginal. The Mexican buffet was our favorite. The alcohol is spotty. The pool bar made us wait a long time for service. The staff is pretty poor. The pugs for tips is high. That is ok, but it shouldn't make you feel dirty when giving a tip.

The grounds are poorly maintained. That gross structure over the pool looks dangerous. The room as large and well maintained though. We had a wonderful bay view.

I am giving 3 stars because we are on vacation and the beach is beuatiful.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear oldbarney1:
I can clearly see that you are realy mad about the Vacation club offer, but I have to say that if you dont want to attend the presentation there is no reason for any of the services to be denied at the Beach Palace.
I feel realy sad that you mention that our food is "marginal" and is realy strange to hear that you liked the buffet over the three specialty restaurants that we have, all of them a la carte.
I am sorry about the perception you have about our resort.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just came back and loved it here. It was super clean. Every thing was at your fingertips. Pools were great...food was good. 4 restaurant options. We loved wok and Bocelli.
My only advice is kids club and activities fir kids, needs more attention. Lacks arcade or night activities for children. My son was bored and he is 10. Once the show at 9pm was over, there wasn't anything for him to do.
All in all I would def come back...loved it here.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear nadyasvacai:
Thank You Very Much for your comments and review, I have to tell you that we are already planning new activities for kids during the night time, next time you come over you will find out everything new!!

Luis Ojeda

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!