“Just back from Mexico” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #6 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Just back from Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We have been going to Beach Palace for quite a while..we always love going back. The staff are very friendly, helpful and genuine. From the waitstaff to the housekeepers everyone goes above and beyond, we just love it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Tracey O:
I hope that in the future you keep cpmming over and over to the Beach Palace, we just love to have you with us!!!

Thank You Very Much!!

Luis Ojeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (997)
  • Korean first
calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I went to beach palace last month as we stayed at Sun palace last year and fell in love. We decided to try another palace resort. When we booked I noticed on trip advisor that Beach palace was rated number 6 and Sun palace was number 4 we still thought we would give beach palace a try. We arrived there in the evening and there was only 2 people working at the front desk we waited for about 20 or more minutes. While waiting there were so many screaming kids running around and jumping on the couches etc so that was quite annoying after a long flight.
The man that checked us in was very nice and he upgraded us to the concierge level which we were told had turn down service service etc. The view was amazing so we were happy with the view and the room. BUT we were told we have to talk to the palace resort men sitting at the tables about our credits. The man was very nice but they gave us a form to fill out our salary etc which we thought was odd but whatever. He asked if we wanted to do a membership meeting the next day and we would get a free necklace and a 100$us credit we can use towards the spa, he made it sound so simple. So we agreed but the next day we were hung over and were late he saw us walking by and ran up to us and seemed very desperate to get it done and said we can do it over lunch and that some one can come sit with us while we eat at this point I was very annoyed as the line was huge for lunch and it was so hot in the hotel, the ac never seemed to work good. I said no we can do it tomorrow though. After 5 mins of trying to convince us to do it now he said ok come tomorrow then.

We go to the lobby bar and a man which was very nice takes us around and to show us the presidential suite we knew then it was a sales pitch like a time share. so the nice man brings us back to the members level a women comes over with a price list of how we can get a certain amount of weeks and only pay the all inclusive fee I asked does this include flight? she said no so I told her it makes no sense as we got flight and hotel from expedia for that all inclusive price she told us. She then seemed pushy and dropped the price from 55,000 to 22,000 but only if we can pay NOW on out credit card the "membership fee" of $8000.00. My husband said there's no way we need to think about it and we were pressed for time as we had a massage booked.

Another man came over and seemed desperate and dropped the price even more to 15,000, we told him we need to think about it and he said no we have to decide now, My husband then said ok could you put $8000.00 on your credit card now without thinking about it or doing research? the man then said ok that's fine im fine with you giving me more money when you book again.

This made NO sense! They say ok all you have to pay is the membership fee now and then when you book just the all inclusive fee of 2100.00 but that doesn't even include flight! We paid 2300 for this trip which included flight! Anyways we had to keep saying we have to go as we would be late for our massage the man was so rude and gave us our slip for the necklace and said ok the $100.00 credit is on your account for the spa. When we checked out and saw they DIDNT PUT the 100.00 credit on our bill I was so mad as we wasted 3 HOURS DOING THIS PRESENTATION! When we chked out the man said he we have to book the massage after we get the credit which we did as we booked a 2nd massage for the next day. The man says we see you booked the spa before your trip online. I said NO we booked it when we arrived then then 2nd massage after the 3 hours we wasted. It then took about 30 minutes to find the women manager who was rude at first and after I said you make it sound so easy like oh do a presentation and the credit is on your account at that point we were going to late for our shuttle. She took me over to another comp and says oh yes you are correct that credit is on there. I then said exactly what I have been saying all along!!! She also "found the credit" after she heard me telling my husband im going to write a review about this. I was so frustrated and everyone knows you never want a customer to leave mad!

The lobby bar was great, the bartenders made great shots etc and the service was good but one hour before they closed which was 12 am they started putting the bottles away and didn't really serve anymore so we felt awkward and left.

The buffet was alright not very vegetarian friendly and around lunch the line was so long to get in and once again lots of kids running around. The parents didn't seem to care much about other guests being disturbed by there children.

The ocean was amazing and the views, we got an umbrella set up by the man after about a 10 minute wait, the waitress took about 20-30 minutes to delivery our drinks and even though we tipped well she never came back. Minus that the ocean was amazing.

The pool was good where the swim up bar is but they should really have that pool for adults only as there are 2 other pools one with a slide and the pool in the middle had many kids. The waitresses were quite slow here also and we couldn't find a chair any of the days we were at the pool which was quite annoying. The roof top pool was very nice though and the view was amazing! The gym was very tiny though.

The Italian restaurant was very good but the wait times were over an hour and a half and we got a pager while waiting. Wok was very good!

The elevators were VERY SLOW AND I MEAN SLOW!!! Every time we used it it was packed with people and sometimes we waited about 5-6 minutes for it to get to our floor!

We left a tip for room (maid) service the first 2 days but every time we would come back to our rooms the maids had not even touched our rooms as yet and I always had to call to get it cleaned. Also had to keep calling for more towels. They didn't seem very helpful. We upgraded which meant turndown service we never got this once or anything extra like sun palace does like flowers or the animals made out of towels like nothing! There always stains on the sheets which was so gross too.

The room service was slow and they ALWAYS forgot something from our order!

Overall the beach was nice and the service was either good or lacking, there were way to many kids running around and the 3 hours we wasted for the sales pitch for the palace membership was awful we would have considered it if they weren't so pushy, the check was a huge a headache and the hotel was nice and clean but I would never ever come back to this place. My husband never complains and we were so shocked at the difference between Sun palace and this resort!! The service was just so amazing at sun palace and I remember leaving and thinking wow this is my 2nd home!! Beach palace service cant even touch sun palace!! We left here thinking Thank GOD were going home and now we know for next time to book at Sun palace!!

Room Tip: get ocean view and highest floor! don't do the sales pitch for the palace elite membership unles...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear s_aaquila:
Thank you very much for your review, however I have to say that I do not think its fare to compare The Sun Palace which is a couples only resort, against the Beach Palace which is a family resort.

Thanks Again

Chicago, Il.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed here with my two daughters (13 and 9) as the 2nd part of our trip this year. We booked through palace members and were coming here from Moon Palace. When I booked the trip on the phone, the person assured me that our transportation from Moon to Beach would be covered as well as it had been in the past. Not so this year as they stated we needed to be there 7-nights in order for them to transport us. I asked to speak with a Supervisor and was told that I can but that he would assuredly give me the same information. So, we ended up taking a taxi for $35 over to Beach Palace. This is our 4th time staying here, so we are very familiar with the resort. We had to wait until 3:00 p.m. for the room, but no big deal. We walked around and saw many employees that we remember and that amazingly remember us. The hotel was at 90% capacity, but was nowhere near the chaos we experienced at Moon. Seemed empty in comparison. Checked-in and our room was right by the elevator, so I was nervous about the noise. In the end, it wasn't that bad. We were on the 11th floor and had a great view of the Ocean. The room is as we remembered and is starting to show it's age. We got unpacked and we were off to the beach.

Room:
Average/Good. Starting to show wear and I hope they do some updating in the near future. Beds are small and even with the pillow tops, they seemed a bit hard. Again, I'm not a fan of the hot-tub as it takes up so much room. Kids aren't even interested in it anymore. The balcony is great with a day bed and a small table with two chairs. Fantastic views. Air conditioner was working it's butt off and trying to get to temperature. It was adequate. Overall, it was exactly as we remembered. Walls are really thin and you can hear everything. Our neighbors phone was ringing one morning at 6:00 a.m. and I answered our phone as I swore it was ours ringing. You'll get the occasional loud people at 2:00 a.m. or at 7:00 a.m. with the kids screaming in the hallways. What can you do? Our sound machine helps a bit.

Pools:
Main pool did get a bit crowded. Folks were laying out towels early, but still around 8:00, we were able to find a good spot. Wouldn't wait too long after that though. Music in the morning is horrible. I actually started falling asleep around 9:00 a.m. Please, something at least a little more upbeat. They added a slide on the right side near the kids club area that was very popular. Great idea. The swim-up bar was generally busy as expected. Our favorite are the pools on the sky deck. These are barely utilized. They are in the direct sunlight for most of the day, but we could always find a spot up there. The pool on the side opposite the working bar is almost always empty. We spent a lot of time up there. Great pools, service and the best views.

Restaurants:
We ate one dinner at the Italian and Japanese. Otherwise we dined at the buffet or poolside. We didn't eat at the steakhouse this year. Italian was pretty good. Service was excellent. The Manager there, Jose, will bend over backwards to help you. This is the only restaurant that requires long pants. The Japanese was okay. We liked the spring rolls and the sushi was decent. The entrée seemed overly sweet and mine tasted the same as my Daughters although we ordered different dishes. Overall a nice experience. Shorts are now allowed here. At Moon, nobody was enforcing the dress code. The Dinner buffet was a bit disappointing this trip. It seemed they made some cutbacks here from what I remember. They have a fajita station every night. Would have liked them to mix it up a bit. They used to have tacos as well. It was okay, just not great variety in my opinion. I did try some different things. Some were good and some were really bad. Again, just my opinion. As always, the service was top notch. The grill at the downstairs pool was good. It gets slammed between noon-3 p.m. They put out a lot of food and quickly. The service there is outstanding! Since we spend a lot of time at the sky bar, we ate there a few times as well. Elease and Hermilinda put out some good food. Yanet, Fidel and the rest of the crew work their tails off and the service is over the top. Luis (Hershey), Rodrigo, Miguel, Victor, Fernando, etc... Too many to mention and all of them top-notch. They deserve to be recognized. Gabriella, best omelet maker ever!
We had room service a couple times and they were right on time.

Beach:
This is what we come here for. The beach is top-notch. Crystal blue water and nice, soft sand. The water was very calm for us and we could easily walk out to the buoy. We had a great time in the water and gathering seashells. Excellent Beach.

Spa:
Had a massage by myself and I was able to sign a waiver for my 13-year old and do a couples massage with her as she had kept asking me. It was a great experience. The ladies do a great job of explaining everything and they made her feel like a Queen.

Sports Bar:
We usually spent our after dinner time here playing cards. They had a couple shows there that were entertaining. It only got crowded once and that was during Karaoke night. Other than that, it was nearly empty. Great service here as well.

Overall, we had a great stay. It was a nice diversion from the hustle and bustle of Moon Palace. Even at 90% capacity, we did not find it to be overcrowded. Only for a few hours when the buses from Moon Palace stop by. My Girls watched the Michael Jackson show. I skipped because I know it by heart. They also watched the Urban show and were not impressed with that one. Back home for one day and we miss it already. Will definitely be back. Any questions, please feel free to message me.

Room Tip: It's Ocean view only for us. We prefer 5th through 8th floor so we can watch the shows from our...
Dear Zagloba:
It makes me real happy to answer to reviews as this one, you give a lot of information and sounds like your vacation was a very good one.
I want to tell you that yes, we have remodelations comming, for example the kids club its been totally rebuild as we speak, and for the next year many new things will be available for all our guests.
Thanks for mentioning also our staff members, I will personally let them know that you rememberes them!!!

Thanks Again!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I bought the package from Costco for a party a five. Flight was great, pick up was great, hotel registration was great and it all started with the "1500 point credit". It is a total scam! You book all tours thinking your getting the best deal and support team to make your experience great, well think twice before doing the same mistake we did. They paint a Picasso and then you get a swap meet painting. Our first example is the trip to Tulum: we were told we were taking an express bus that takes us straight to Tulum. We drove for 3 1/2 hours to pick up other people and a stop for 45 mins to try to make you shop for things you can get at the hotel or the flee market in downtown. We get to Tulum and instead of enjoying the beach, we walk around listening to nonsense from a tour guide that is just trying to get the more tips they can get. The worst part is we were promised beach time and did not even get to touch the sand. We only had 30 mins of free time to enjoy the beautiful ruins and to look at the beautiful beach. You really need at least 2 to 3 hours to enjoy this place. The cost at the actual Tour is far cheaper than your free points!! Not only that but the credits have a scam of 16% tax which is based on the original price of the tickets, at the end we ended up paying more then buying a ticket at the location. Not only did we waste money but also time which is more valuable in our vacation. To be continued as our family trip continues....

• Stayed August 2014
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We travelled to Beach Palace August 10 - 17th. Unfortunately a few of us got sick, but other than that we had a lovely time.

Check in: we were greeted with a cold beverage and the check in process was very smooth and quick. We were in our rooms within 15 minutes and our luggage arrived shortly after that.
Rooms: we had two rooms, side by side. The rooms were spacious and very clean, with large balconies. The king size bed was HARD but the double beds in the second room were better. Mini-bar was well-stocked and rooms were cleaned regularly. The walls are very thin so we were glad we were at the end of the hallway - a room outside of the elevator would be unbearably loud.
Food: one of the main reasons we chose Beach Palace is that my son has celiac disease so requires a gluten free diet. This is a smaller hotel so the buffet is a bit limited, but my son could eat most of the salads and a number of the dishes at the buffet. We also asked to speak with the dining room supervisor, Urbano, who worked in the morning and at lunch time. He was very accommodating and asked the chefs prepared special meals for my son, including French toast for breakfast (not the greatest but the effort was appreciated) and hand cut french fries prepared in separate oil. Almost everything at the steak house (out door restaurant open in the evenings) was gluten free although there were no accompanying sauces. They even had rice pasta at the Italian restaurant. If you ask to speak to a supervisor they will always try to accommodate you. They always had a few gluten free dessert options at the buffet and the ice cream is gluten free so there were plenty of choices. We have stayed at Azul Fives and Beaches Ocho Rios and I would say that the gluten free options at those resorts were better. However, the staff did their best and my son didn't have any stomach issues, even though I wondered about cross-contamination since the gluten free desserts were in the same area as foods with gluten.
Beach/Pools: The beach is truly spectacular - one of the nicest I've ever seen. The pools were also very nice and clean. We went to Moon Palace for a day where the pools were dirty and littered with trash - we were so glad we chose to stay at Beach Palace!
Kids club: The staff were very sweet and my daughter enjoyed her time at the kids club. While there were some organized activities, the space is very small so mostly the kids did crafts or played together. While the Club was good, my daughter enjoyed the Kids Club at Beaches Ocho Rios more, where there are more organized games and scheduled activities.

Overall, it was a great holiday with very good service all around.

Dear Katrina718:
Lately celiac desease its becomming a day to day matter, we have a lot of guests that need a surtain kind of diet, we are more than happy to make them have a great stay, always taking care of them, and exactly as you say, if you have any speacial need, and I mean ANY!! you just need to talk to a supervisor and they will take care of you.

Thank You Very Much for your nice review!!!

Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Spent 13 nights here from 1/8/14 to 14/8/14. Upgraded to a Presidential Suite on check in - very nice! Large lounge area, double jacuzzi bath, 2 baths etc large balcony with sea view. Customer service in this hotel is excellent throughout the hotel. Rather than a small proportion of noteworthy individuals as is usually the case who are prepared to go the extra mile even within many high class hotels, all with the exception of one maybe two individuals go all out to ensure that guests are satisfied. Nothing was ever too much trouble. That for us was perhaps the most evident quality throughout the hotel - it resonates throughout every area in our opinion.
The hotel is kept very clean throughout as were the rooms which were kept spotlessly clean. Only fault being that we had to call housekeeping on 3 or 4 occasions to ask for clean towels but that is no big deal.
Plenty of activity going on at the pool during the day; volleyball, water aerobics and so on to keep people generally entertained. Major plus is that the beach immediately outside is fabulous, uncrowded and the area was kept very clean. We witnessed a large turtle laying her eggs one evening right in front of the hotel at around 22:00 - evening entertainment on a different level!
As for the food; the Mexican buffet restaurant is pretty small scale and food choice is limited for evening meals so twice is there was enough for us. Food was of high quality and fresh but perhaps a little limited in variety. Wok restaurant was good quality with some nice fresh sushi on offer. Other oriental dishes were ok in general. Bocelli Italian was pretty good - in particular the steak risotto was well cooked and the quality of the meat was excellent. La Terazza grill was ok - however each of our party tried the ribs on different nights and the rib meat quality was poor. Very tough and pretty much cremated every time! The steak was good so choose that over the ribs! Breakfast was generally ok, with fair choice of food.
Whilst the food is probably not the best we have eaten (don't get me wrong - the food is actually very good overall, just not the most noteworthy feature of the hotel), we feel that the customer service is exceptional. In particular, we feel that special mention should be given to the following staff;
1) Juan Barbosa - worked in the restaurant area. One night we wanted to eat at La Terazza but the wait was around an hour (unusually as we were allocated a table immediately on two other occasions), anyway as we entered the Tequila buffet restaurant I mentioned this to Juan at the door but only as a passing comment. Half way through our meal, he totally surprised us by bringing us a selection of meats from the Terazza restaurant to our table so that we didnt feel like we had missed out - that is the kind of service that all of the staff tried to provide! On another occasion we had to wait around 20 mins only for the Wok restaurant. Again Juan came to the rescue - he saw us waiting, came over then went off to see if there was any way a table could have been set up for us quicker - without us even asking!
2) Carlos Sanchez - what a great guy he is! On reception, nothing is too much trouble for him. He offers superb customer service, from ensuring that our room selection was too our liking, to sorting out my wife's 40th birthday cake, to allowing me to print off our online check in paperwork for our return flights in his office when the business centre printer was not working. Always cheerful - always willing to help!
3) Rosy Saldivar - very pleasant and friendly. As the manager of the Wok restaurant she ensured that we were completely satisfied every time. Lovely lady to chat too.
4) Gabriela - made omelettes for us each morning. What a nice lady she is! Always cheerful and chatty - and cooks great eggs / omelettes and waffles to your liking.
5) Fernando - pool side bar on ground floor. What a nice guy he is! Always cheerful and smiling..........and has an uncanny knack to refill your glass without ever needing to ask!
6) Esteban - served us at the pool most days. What a nice guy he is. Works very hard all day to keep all of his clients happy.
7) Yadira - what a lovely lady she is. Yadira served us by the pool for two days throughout our stay as she normally services the beach area but every time we saw her she always had a big beaming smile and came over for a chat.
8) Enrique the bell boy - very pleasant and helpful on check in and out again! Thanks for organising and for holding the cab for us on departure whilst we ate!
9) Capitan Miguel Euroza, Antonio, Pascual, Jesus, Epifonio, Roger, Blanca, IIisail in the Bocelli restaurant who helped to make my wife's 40th birthday meal special with attentive service, cake and birthday cheers!
Sorry to all of the other staff members that we have not mentioned personally - there are just so many good people that work there!!!
Finally, the resort credits worked well for us. Ok there is tax to pay at 16% but the overall cost would otherwise have been far more if we had organised and paid full price for the trips ourselves. We took the following excursions;
1) Wet n' Wild / Dolphins combo: excellent! Great memories of the dolphin encounter. Small groups per dolphin meant that we spent a considerable time with Andromeda. Cost of official photos was high for 4 person disc (4 people on 1 disc) at $240!!! Paid $180 after sales assistant agreed to let us have the disc only without paper prints.
2) Isla Mujeres: short boat trip over but you land at a dolphin park basically. If you have already done the dolphins (as we had already done so) or do not want to pay the price then there is pretty much nothing else to do bar a snorkeling trip ($60 each) or to swim with the sharks for about 10 mins. Kids were not bothered about snorkeling so we made our own entertainment whilst we waited for the return boat. Hailed a cab outside the dolphin area who took us the the turtle aquarium where we held the baby turtles etc, got back in the same cab who waited for us before he drove us into town where we hired a golf buggy for an hour which we used to tour what is a relatively small island before we caught a boat back to the dolphins.
3) Chichen Itza: 2.5 hour trip to eating area which served some basic food of fair quality before we carried on for about another hour. What a place! Fantastic experience to see the amazing site that is the Chichen Itza, Our tour guide Moises was absolutely superb: very knowledgeable, friendly and very funny! Great guy, Site gets extremely hot so be sure to take plenty of drinks (we froze bottles of water in the mini bars within our room which remained ice cold throughout the day!).
Hotel based evening entertainment was a bit lacking to be honest. The odd show such as the street dancing and Michael Jackson was worth watching but after 22:00 that was pretty much it.
Overall, we would highly recommend the hotel to families wanting a great beach location, clean hotel, good value for money, inclusive tours (using resort credits) and absolutely top class customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear MrMrsWiltshire:
WOW!! I think this is one of the best reviews I have ever answered!!! it is full of information and with all the names of the individuals that made your stay a pleasent one!!
Thank you very much for choosing us, and thank you very much for comming all the wat fro Europe and letting us take care of you!!
I will make sure that all the staff members you mention get an special recognition!!

Thanks Again

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Fantastic hotel with great view to the Caribbean. A great variety of food and drinks, and very friendly staff. Ernesto, Liza, Luis, Reyes, and Jesus in particular were very helpful and courteous. Their service definitely elevated the experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Benjamin S:
Short, straight but with a lot of information, I love your review, Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts!!!

I hope you comeback soon!!!

Luis Ojeda

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!