“Best Vacation Ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cinco de Mayo - 40% Off
Ranked #6 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Best Vacation Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I spent five days at the Beach Palace and it was outstanding. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating from the minute we checked in until we checked out. There were a variety of restaurants and bars that provided excellent service, food and drinks. We had an ocean view room and it was absolutely amazing to wake up every morning to the beautiful sunrise over the water. The pool activities staff worked hard to ensure everyone was having a good time, and the swim up bar was a great place to socialize and enjoy a frozen mango margarita. We visited the property on Isla Mujeres also and it was equally amazing. The sales pitch at check-in was a bit annoying but I understand that's part of the business. Actually, after having such a wonderful time, I may have been interested in hearing more about membership at the end of our stay. I would highly recommend the Beach Palace to anyone. Check around for the best rates, though because they can vary, depending on deals and seasons. Thank you all for a very memorable vacation!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are a must. Lower room views will be blocked by that monstrosity on the pool deck...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis O, General Manager at Beach Palace, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Mark P:
When you work and live in Cancun, sometimes you dont realize how beautiful it is, watching the pictures you post in your review you can see that Cancun is a PARADISE!!!
I hope a lot of people can see the same, and also I have to mention that sunsets on the lagoon side are just breath taking!!!
If you mix it with a great service and a beautiful resort you get what your review title says:

BEST VACATION EVER!!

Merry Christmas all the way to Beautiful Virginia.

Luis Ojeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,161)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I - along with 2 other couples - just returned from a week here. The room, food and facilities were fabulous. So much so in that we joined the Palace Elite membership knowing that coming to this and other Palace properties is something we will be doing frequently now that we are empty nesters. While we can say that all the staff were friendly, there are two that stand out. I guess evidence of this is best portrayed by their being in our group photos at times.. Those two are Esteban who catered to us at the rooftop pool and to Fernando with whom we shared so many laughs as he served specialty drinks to us in one of the main dining rooms. See you soon. We are coming back at the end of February to celebrate my wife turning 50

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis O, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Dear George P:
Welcome to the family and thank you very much for joining our select group of fine guests!! it is great to see that we pamper you good enough so you are already thinking on comming back.
Please let me know before your trip when you have your reservation number so I can take extra good care of you and your wife´s birthday.
See you soon!!

Happy 2015!!

Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went to Cancun for the first time and stayed at the Beach Palace. All the hotel's staff were genuinely friendly and did everything just to make us feel good. Jimmy and the pool bar was amazing with his wonderful colored cocktails, Angel at reception gave great advice (hope all his dreams come true!), Minerva gives really great haircuts, and Josefina and Pavlova give massages you wouldn't believe. The food was amazing… and above all the Italian restaurant !
All was just fantastic. We didn't use all of our credits because there was so much to do. Don't miss going to Isle de Mujeres as it's the same company and the beach hotel there is on the same bracelet - rent a golf cart and tour the lovely island. Don't forget to go not only into the city for the very touristy but fun Market 28, but also the real local `Market 23 - the vendors won't bargain like at 28, but they're fair and it's colorful and lots of fun. The locals are happy to help find things, give directions, etc or even give rides (long story). In short - it was a vacation like we've never had. Take an ocean view rom and watch amazing sunrises, the rooms are luxurious and even the shower soaps and little cosmetics were the finest brands. Treat the staff very well in return and you'll feel like royalty.

Room Tip: Take an ocean view rom and watch amazing sunrises!
Dear JDDorit:
It has to be a tough desicion to make if you come all the way from Israel choosing a destination and a resort, how wonderful that we surpassed your expectations!! thank you very much again for choosing us, all the staff that you mention will be aware that you put their names on your survey, It is great to see that they are "seeding" good memories in our guests experiences.

Thanks Again all the way to Israel!!!

Northwest Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have just returned from a week at Beach Palace. This was my fifth time there since the hotel opened after being rebuilt after Hurricane Wilma.
Because we have visited before we were aware that all of the pools are heated, however we had to visit the front desk six times on our first full day to ask if the heat could be turned on. No one was in the pool due to the cold temperature. We were sent, after six visits, to public relations. The gentleman there told me the pools are not heated and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Needless to say I was furious and frustrated. Is there no communication in this hotel? Where is the management? I did not see anyone the entire week walking around the property.
Around noon a young man came out, Joshua, the activities director. He asked if we wanted to do water games. I responded, when someone turns on the pool heaters. With that comment, he immediately called someone on his phone and within minutes the heat was on!. The next day the pool was filled with happy guests. When we travel in our cold winter months we appreciate having a WARM pool, that is the reason we go to Beach Palace.
We also found the food to be not quite as good as previously, especially the Asian restaurant. Our room keys had to be constantly taken to the front desk and re-programed.
The hotel is starting to look worn and needs to be upgraded.
I did use the spa services and they were excellent, as always.
I really hate to pick on Beach Palace as it is our all time favorite hotel, however, we will think about a different resort on our next trip as arguing about a cold pool is not relaxing. Hopefully Palace is monitoring these comments and will get their act together...soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lovestovacation:
I hope you don´t pick another resort for your next vacation. I am already working on all the comments that you mention. About management, I am always at the property, and if you ask for me, they call me right away.
The pool heat is alwys on, when we have a temperature drop because of a bad weather fornt or something like that it feels like its not working, but believe me it is.
Also I would like to mention that we are always working on remodelations and maintenance, so I hope that if you choose us again you can notice it.

Thanks for your comments and have a Merry Christmas all the way to Ohio.

General manager
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel in general is ok but not more. We gone the 29 nov until 6 dec and the wheater was amazing. Great service from the lobby and a lot of fun with the staff pool bar alex , jimmy nacional, wilberth, samuel and gerardo . Without these guys the trip won't be great like that. The room was ok but the weak spot of the hotel is certainly the buffet not a lot of choice . I can compare the food like in cuba very dissapointed from a big hotel like the palace. The pool was great and the beach too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michel B:
Average is a name that a hottelier never wants his resort to be called.
Somehow there is something in your review that calls my attention. You name a lot of people from our staff and say that they made the diference in your trip, you say that the "weak" spot of the property is the buffet, however I would like to mention that we also have another 3 restaurants on site:
1 Italian
1 Oriental
and a Steak House, as well as dinners on the Beach and a chef dinner that is held every thursday, all of them with gourmet dishes top of the line ingredients and a la carte service.
I hope that you had the chance to try them both, any way I talked to the chef already and we are working closely on the buffet, Cuban buffets are nothing that I like to be compared to.

Thanks Again

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We went to cancun for the first time as a couple and we stay in beach palace. the best decision we could it make. it was great. we met awesome people. in the morning for breakfast Filoberto took care of us he is a great mezero. in the Terraza rest. Rosario did everything he could to make us feel like home. in the MZ Don Victor make our knight. lastly the sky bar wad the best. Luis did a very good job making us awesome drinks. in general we love it. we definitely will come back.....

• Stayed December 2013
Dear perlamar:
Thank you Very much for your kind comments and beautiful review.
The staff that you menyion in your comments will be happy to read that you even remember their names, that is thruly awarding!!

Thanks Again and best Christmas all the way to Mickey´s Town!!!

buena park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Me and my husband went this 2nd time around by ourselves without the kids. Both times that we have been to beach palace,it has been amazing. The staff made sure to make my husbands birthday one to remember! Yadira the waitress at the pool bar & day beds was amazing she made my husband a balloon hat,brought her staff Lionel and to sing to him happy bday with a chocolate cake.Yadira was our waitress on our 5 day stay we loved how she treated us. Our favorite place to eat at hotel was Terraza. Our waiter Rafael and capitan Jorge were super nice and made sure my husband had a great bday dinnerChef Gina made a special sauce for our steak which was finger licking good she was nice enough to tell me the recipe. They were super attentive ,and we cant thank them enough. This place was awesome, for both families and couples. Very clean hotel. Cant wait to return again.!!!!! wanna thank Yadira, Rafael, Gina, Capitan Jorge,Barman, Lionel, Zacarias. Wow what an amazing trip.

Room Tip: perfect location, amazing staff, awesome beach. clean hotel. family/couple friendly.just a perfect v...
Dear reina m:
I think the Beach Palace is a great place for vacation with or with out children, for me that I have a daughter I find adult only properties a little bit boring, personal opinion.
Yadira is one of our most mentioned staff member, she is one of our beggest assets and I am happy to count with her as well with all the others mentioned in my staff.

Thanks again for your beautiful review and have a Merry Christmas with your family!!!

Luis Ojeda

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!