“90/90” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cinco de Mayo - 40% Off
Ranked #6 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
pocho509
“90/90”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

1st and foremost, would I go again? Definitely. Next I need to mention all of those staff members that made our time memorable. Pool bar staff, Erick was the man. Quick and friendly service was par for the course. Fernando, Samuel, Leone, Jesus P, Miguel E all awesome in the pool bar. Edgar and Luis in the Sky Lounge pool bar were the best. Every night I would get a bit of a sweet tooth. Martha in the buffet would always hook me up with plastic plates close to closing time to get desserts from the buffet she was awesome. Guadalupe with the morning omelets was always ready to get my omelet on with a smile. Basically everyone in all of the restaurants and bars were awesome. The sports bar had great entertainment and I had the pleasure of sitting in all sections including the bar, everyone was fast and friendly. Awesome Sports Bar all the way. The Beach palace is hands down the best service in Cancun. There were 13 in my group from 3-39 years of age and all of us were satisfied with the food and service. Even at the Moon Palace which we visited 2 times in our stay. The spa service was great as well and all of their services we received from the mani-pedis to the fish spa as well as the massages. Now for the negative. The room credit system is a mess, it is too restrictive and the system is not communicated very well. Cigar credit means you get their cigars. Tequila credit means you get their tequila, which is not bad at all and I have consumed more tequila than many humans should. Their credits do not apply fully to many of their items and or excursions. The rumor is that the room credits may disappear afterward. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I guess if the price of the rooms drops it would be good because what we save on the stay we would still spend at the hotel with the excursions and shops. But if the rooms still stay the same price and the credits disappear that would be “no bueno.” The house keeping was good but the website advertised CHI products and we received CHI products the first couple of days but when it came to refill the CHI products suddenly turned into cheap hotel bottle of shampoo, lotion and conditioner. This was my 4th time to Cancun and the 1st time for some in our group, I will still go back in a heartbeat, and I live over 4,000 miles away. It is not an easy trek but it is still worth it. The Palace resorts are definitely worth the trek. I also like the fact that they are environmentally conscience and cognizant of the Mayan culture and people. That to me is a definite plus.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,163)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great place to stay. Beach front access. Limited food selection, but no better or worse than any other all inclusive resort. Fernando at the sports bar was an awesome guy. He provided excellent service, and was a great guy to chat with! Overall, we had a good time.

• Stayed August 2013
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at Beach Palace from July 28 - August 04 with my wife, son and niece. My wife and I have stayed here previously.

Arrival

We decided on using a stretch Navigator Limo from www.DreamDays.com and it was fantastic! Brand new and what a way to arrive. It was a surprise for my son and niece and they LOVED it! Found a promo code that works for any Palace or Hard Rock resorts that takes 10% off which helps: Palace2013

Check-in

Quick and efficient! No towels or welcome drinks this time. There isn't a VIP check-in area at Beach Palace for members.

Room

Excellent! Received the room I requested #1210 with is top floor. A little longer and wider then standard rooms. High ceiling too! Easy access to the Skybar via the stairs. Rooms #1210 and #1110 are a bgger and have 2 double beds.Our room also had a pull out sofa which was nice but most do not! Teh rooms are very nicely appointed here and have double day beds on the BIG balcony's. If there ever was a resort worth paying the money for sea view THIS is it! Awesome sunrises each morning. What a way to wake up!

Housekeeping

Sergio was excellent! He did a very good job each day! Cute flowers and decorations left each day and he was always smiling.

Turn down service was excellent the first half of the week but non-existant the 2nd half of the week. We called each night requesting it as well.

Room Service

Always accurate, fresh and quick! Very good! Ensure you do not have the red "do not disturb" light on or they will not deliver your order out of privacy.

Pools and Beach

Due to the temperature and size of the pools they wer ea touch on the warm side but very nice overall. I love the SkyBar!

The waterslide was very popular with kids and adults....lol

The beach was very nice. Calmer then usual which worked out well for the kids.

Restaurants / Grills

All a'la cartes were excellent! very good. The "Mexican" buffet wasn't very good. You used to be able to order mexican a'la carte which was great but they no longer offer it.

The breakfast buffet was fantastic! Gabriela as usual makes the BEST omellettes and greets each guest by name if she recalls it and a big smile!

Moises was a fantastic waiter / server for breakfast! Very good service provided refilling drinks and refolding napkins! We asked for his section each day!

Loved the grill at SkyBar for lunch! Great wraps for lunch. THey'll customize them and grill them any way you wish!

Lunch was very good at the main buffet too! Main pool grill was a great place to grab a quick hot dog or hanburger.

Bartenders / Servers

LOVED them all! Great service all week from them! Fidel and Miguel at SkyBar, Yadira serviing drinks, Angel and Luz at the main pool.

We especially had great laughs each day / evening at the Sports Bar with Wiberth, Ceferino, Fernado. Julio and Erick were fantastic with my son and niece. Always going out of their way to make a special drink or give the kids a laugh. Victor Alberto, Damien were very good as well! The Sports bar is a great place to grab a drink anytime. In the evening before dinner they offer snacks, wings, chips and such.

Animation Staff

Eduardo worked really hard each day around the pool and at night. We did not use the kids club but the kids looked well taken care of and I saw them around doing activities.

Fitness Centre

It's very small.1 universal, free weights, a few treadmills and cross trainers. If you have more then 5 people in there it's too cramped! Although it's located with an awesome view but should be relocated and made bigger with more fitness equipment. As I'm a Palace Premier member I would often just jump on the bus and go to Hard Rock Cancun to work out since Premier members have exchange rights.

Spa / Salon

Excellent service is always provided here! Highly recommend taking time and using the steamroom and sauna beofre your service.

Mercedes gives awesome back massages and Cesar was very good at the spa desk.

Check-out

Bill was accurate. It seemed a little confusing at check-out with guests checking-ina nd guests checking out but only having 1 line. There should be a dedicated check-in area and check-out area.

Overall

I LOVE Beach Palace! It's one of my favourite resorts! From the management to each employee you geta sense that they care and will do anything to ensure you have a fantastic stay! I will be returning here again very soon and look forward to my nest stay!

Room Tip: Rooms 1210 and 1110 have 2 double beds and are larger. Good choice for families. Room 1210 had a sma...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Camarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

this is our second trip to a Palace resort. if you like all inclusive and good service this is for you. The food is excellent. We really like the buffet, Asian restaurant but not the Italian.

at the buffet/Mexican restaurant they vary their menu somewhat so you don't get tired of the same food. LOVE the soups, mushroom dishes, pork ribs, coconut fish and REAL guacamole. ice cream plus desserts were excellent too.

the wait staff is excellent and worth the tips. they remember you and really cater to you.

rooms are clean with very comfortable beds

24 hour room service too.

the bad? a week of endless food and drinks = major diet after getting home.

Pacifica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at the BP from August 4th until the 14th, and every day i would go to the beach, but first stop by the pool bar to get something to drink, and everyone was so friendly and funny! It goes way past just getting your order down. All the guys at the pool bar including Erick, Sebastian, Gabriel (Sebastian and Gabriel are super nice and cute twins!), Oscar, Fernando, and Samuel have all made a great impression on me. They're all so energetic and friendly, I miss them already and it hasn't even been a whole day since I've gotten home!

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our first time in Mexico so we weren't sure what to expect. On arrival at the hotel our bags were taken away and the staff were great. Everywhere was really clean and we were checked in quickly and went to our room. The room was amazing. Huge Jacuzzi bath, 2 sinks, mini bar and optics in the room. We had a sea view room which we had paid extra for. My only comment would be that we were on a low floor and there is a huge screen blocks some of the view. The fridge contained beers and soft drinks and was re filled every day. The optics were - bacardi, tequila, vodka and whiskey. These weren't re filled however as we did manage to drink the vodka which was a little disappointing. We ordered room service as we arrived late and were tired. It came quickly and was very nice, we even asked for a bottle of wine to have with it and that was not a problem. We went to the beach on the first day. The lifeguard is very vigilant as the sea is very rough. There is only a small patch were you can go into the water. I was knocked off my feet when I stood in the sea to cool down which put me off going in and I normally love the sea. However after that we went to the sky bar pool. What a find that was. There is 2 pools on the roof and 2 bars. Only 1 bar was open so everybody stayed around that pool, so we had the other pool to ourselves which was great. The bar staff still came to us with drinks. Louis was my favorite member of staff. He was always working away and always had a smile on his face. He made sure I always had a drink and remembered what I was drinking. I do think however that they should make one of the pools on the roof either adults only or a quiet pool. As some parents do not control their children and do not appreciate that not everybody wants children splashing water on them and screaming. The food at the sky bar was also lovely.

The food in the hotel was great. We had a buffet a couple of nights which has a great choice of food and the ice cream is lovely. We also went to the outside steak restaurant one night. However it started to rain just as we sat down so we were moved inside but still allowed the steak menu. The steak was in our top 3 steaks ever, it was fantastic. We also went to the Chinese restaurant which was really nice, however I was disappointed at the way other people were dressed. It did state that dress was formal/casual so didn't expect to see people in their beach clothes. On our last evening we booked the romantic dinner on the beach. It was lovely. The only thing I would say is that we had no idea what we were going to get to eat as there is no menu, you get what you are given. We had our own waiters who were at hand and excellent at topping up our drinks. The main meal was surf and turf. We don't like prawns so that took the edge off the steak for us, but the meal was fantastic as a whole. The waiter also took lots of photos of us as the sun was setting which look lovely. We didn't go into the Italian restaurant, however we did get pizzas for room service which were great. There is also different places to go for lunch too which was great. The hotel is spotless. Breakfast was amazing, we particularly loved the waffles and omelettes which are made fresh for you. However I did think the front of house for breakfast was miserable and didn't smile. I did like the personal touch when they knew what our name was.

We weren't told about the resort credits until we booked the romantic dinner on the beach which was our last night. Therefore they were wasted which was a shame.

The location is good, with 2 shopping malls opposite the hotel which are great to wander around. We also walked down to CoCo Bongos and Senior Frogs one night for a drink. The buses stop outside the hotel and run 24hours every 15 minutes and were very cheap, so you can get around very easily.

The cleaners came every day, sometimes twice a day to check everything was ok. The room was always clean. Except that there was drinks cartons on a ledge outside of our balcony as we were on the first floor. These were there for the whole duration of our stay and didnt look nice, I was tempted to try to get them myself. Also somebody from a higher floor started to drop full cans of pop off their balcony one night which was dangerous and left a lot of mess when they landed on our level.

There is a good wi fi signal in the rooms and even on the beach which is free.

Overall a great hotel and a fantastic holiday. We would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just returned from 5 night stay at BP from August 7th to the 12th with my family of 4, husband, and two boys, 20 and 16 and would most definitely go back again!! Staff anticipate everything you you might wish for. Specifically, our Pool waitress, Carolina Cabrera was a delightful young lady. She is one of the hardest working girls that I have ever met! She always had a smile on her face, was extremely polite and even brought me a beverage when she saw me returning from the beach at the showers!!! She supplied us with plenty of water and ice buckets and truly is an asset to Beach Palace staff. The bartender, Oscar Medina, kept us well hydrated with very good drinks. The Entertainment crew, including Eduardo and the sweetest girl with long brown hair who worked everyday that we were there were always positive and energetic!! They organized water aerobics, volleyball, Zumba, quiz games. The gym was small and fitness is very important to us so I gave BP 4 stars for this.
Our housekeepers were super thorough as well. The Sports bar staff were very friendly and I would like to mention Yadira Celene , who had such a beautiful demeanor and smile, she was a pleasure to have serving us. The only other reason I gave 4 stars was because there was not a DJ or great band to dance to EVERY night. Having entertainment staff in the sports bar might help get some visitors dancing. Resort credits are best spent for a Spa service for certain. Raquel gave me an amazing 80 minute aromatherapy massage and Minerva a very good manicure.
Food was good, many choices for picky eaters, and if you did not like something you just ordered something else. ( Another beauty of an all inclusive.) There was fresh fruit daily, excellent coffee, healthy choices as well. We are foodies and were not disappointed. I agree though with another reviewer that there should have been a sit down authentic Mexican restaurant. Steaks were not very good, but the tuna was excellent. In the Tequila restaurant, Andrez and Luis were excellent servers. I will add that I am bilingual and we tipped according to service but I believe we would have been treated the same regardless.
Our presidential suite was phenomenal and probably the best accommodations we have ever had with the most gorgeous view of the turquoise ocean. We have been many places and consider this vacation one of our best!!

Room Tip: Beach view for sure.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!