“Unbelievable Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Unbelievable Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I spent spring break with my family at Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico. Not only was the beach, the pool, and the food amazing, but the service was phenomenal. Eduardo, Daniel, and Dominga were the best pool waiters, always looking to find a way to make our stay more comfortable and enjoyable. It got to the point where we no longer needed to ask for drinks; they simply knew what we wanted and would bring it out to us. When there were no chairs left at the pool area, Eduardo went out of his way to find another chair for my mother and made sure she was comfortable. Furthermore, Miguel, Alex, Victor, and Carla were wonderful bartenders. They were all extremely friendly and highly efficient. If you visit Beach Palace, be sure to ask for these waiters and bartenders as they truly made my experience complete.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,262)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Pea Ridge, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Absolutely the best vacation my wife and I ever had with a wonderful staff and lodging. Yellow flags flew everyday but did not stop us from short excursions and dinner cruises and great nightlife, even at our Motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

All of the public areas are beautiful and almost perfectly maintained. The rooms were had were very nice, but could have used some minor touch-up work in the bathrooms. The staff were very kind and helpful. The food was very good, quality was consistently very high, although at times the selection was a bit lacking. The WiFi was fast and free. They were somewhat busy the week we were there so at times the service (maids, food, poolside) were a bit slow. The resort lacks things for teenagers to do other than the beach and pool. The beach view is beautiful but the surf is typically a bit high and isn't well suited for a relaxing swim. As with many things in Mexico, it looks great but doesn't always get the details right. The biggest downer to the week was the high-pressure sales presentation. We've invested in vacation property before and the economics here just don't work out that well. The make a big deal about the resort credits they will give you, but these are rather limited in what you can do with them and laden with rules and extra fees. I'm not sure the presentation was worth it based on what you got in return and the amount of time (2+ hrs) it took. Even with the occasional glitch, my wife and I had a wonderful and relaxing time. It's certainly worth it if you can score a decent promotional price or discount.

Room Tip: If you are beach side, you must be third floor or higher to see over the massive arch that frames th...
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed @ The Beach Palace first in 2005 and survived hurricane Emily..Back then the hotel was old ~~run down a "never stay here again ever place." After we got through the hurricane the place was torn down . The new Beach Palace is AWESOME ....Great pool on the roof ~ staff that will do anything to help ~~Food is GREAT from pool snacks which are BBQ burgers dogs & chix ~Japanese~Steakhouse~Buffet~and room service.The Beach Palace is classy with surf & turf on the beach dinners to each room with a jacuzzi & beautiful view . They have something going on each night for the guests. We go there on every vacation.We work hard all year as casino workers @ at Resort in AC NJ and play hard @ Beach Palace..A MUST GO:)))))

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator ~~~upgrade with resort credits
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Beautiful place! The rooms were large and comfortable. The in-room hot tub was a fun addition. Great beach and pool areas. Our room's large balcony with a lounger did not go to waste - we loved it! We did the European Plan (not all-inclusive) and that was a problem with the staff ... they kept saying it wasn't available to us even though we had pre-booked it. It took us about 2 hours to get checked in. After traveling all day and just wanting to get settled in our room, that was frustrating. Plus, the sales people were VERY pushy. What was supposed to be an hour presentation took more than 3 hours (I guess that's pretty typical, but still ...). So we weren't able to relax the first day until evening. After that, smooth sailing. I'd stay there again if we could skip the presentation.

Room Tip: Our room was on the lagoon side and the sunsets were fantastic!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Clive, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our family just returned from a week at the Beach Palace. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The service was OUTSTANDING. We are not palace members and were still treated like royalty:) Our room(s) category was a Family Suite (two adjoining rooms on the lagoon side. One room with a King the other with two doubles.) Even though we were only on the 3rd floor on the lagoon side we still had a great view. Loved the balcony and all of the space we had. The service around the pool was amazing. Alberto was our waiter almost every day. He was so prompt with the drinks. When our kids came out of the ocean starving and ordered lunch, Alberto had it there in a matter of minutes! He truly spoiled us. Same with the bartender at the swim up bar!! We really enjoyed all of the restaurants. For dinner we went to the Italian restaurant twice and japanese restaurant twice, Tequila's buffet once. All were good. The italian was my favorite. The breakfast buffet in the AM was great. Gabriella was so quick with made to order eggs and omelets done to perfection. All of the servers did a great job of tweaking things the way we liked them (sauce on the side, no pepper etc etc). Although the property is much smaller than the Moon Palace, my kid (ages 11 & 14) enjoyed the location so much (great beach they could walk down,close to the Isla Mall and other shopping where they bought boogie boards that they got a ton of use out of). Every other day we did activities "off property" (Scuba diving, chartered a catamaran, went to Xplore) so when we came back exhausted at the end of the day we loved not having to walk a country mile to return towels or get to our room or to get to one of the restaurants. It had a very personal feel. We didn't use many of our resort credits (just for spa and upgraded wine bottles at dinner) and didn't attend the presentation about becoming a member since it's not feasible with our kid's schedules at this time. There was no pressure at all to do so.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I (husband and two teenage daugthers) spent one week at Beach Palace and it was excellent. Here are specifics:

1. The service is outstanding. I was worried coming on the trip because I am a non-member and others had complained about being treated differently. My family and I were treated like kings and queens no matter where we went! Constant smiles, friendliness and attentiveness. I always had either a drink or food in my hand! If there was a problem, they fixed it right away. I really don't know what people were referring to because I saw no difference in service between members and non-members.

2. We stayed in a deluxe ocean-front with jacuzzi tub with two double beds. It's true, the beds are small (doubles, not queens) so we requested a cot. Also, we all took turns sleeping on the balcony on the very comfortable lounger and were lulled to sleep by the ocean waves. It was amazing! We requested a high floor and were happy we did. What a view.

3. The food was very good. I have stayed at Club Med before where even the buffet had some pretty gourmet choices, but the restaurants, both the Italian and the Japanese were very good. I really enjoyed the food and found lots of choices. Not too many low fat of anything, but heck you're on vacation!

4. The beach was beautiful. I always found a lounger on the beach or by the pool. Sky lounge was also very nice.

5. Joshua organized nightly trips to some of the greatest clubs downtown. He took my daugther with a large group and took care of them and kept them safe. My daugther had an outstanding time dancing. Thanks Joshua!

6. We did the dolphin tour combined with 'wet and wild' park and it was amazing! We got to spend a whole hour with the dolphins. Our tour operator was amazing. Our family felt it was an experience of a lifetime. We didn't stay at wet and wild but instead opted to stay at Moon Palace which was really cool to experience. I recommend a day there.

Here's some of the downsides:

7. There was not much to do. Knowing what I know now, I would have booked at Moon Palace because there are a million things to do there. Beach Palace I think is more for a quieter vacation and it's a much smaller resort. Moon Palace is like a city with over 3,000 rooms while Beach Palace has something like 300. Since I have two teenagers, they found it kind of boring and also had to go searching for friends. There is no teen club so no place for teenagers to at least rendezvous and meet. They did eventually find people to hang out with, but it took a while. Frankly, my husband and I were also bored. I got a lot of reading done.

8. I wanted to warn people about the trip to Chichen Itza that is an option with your hotel credits. The itinerary says the tour includes: Round Trip transportation, tour guide, entrance fee to the archaeological site and lunch buffet. Just be warned there is a three hour detour (not a stop that was even on the way) to some remote Mexican restaurant where you will be forced to spend 40 minutes 'shopping' at the artisan market followed by a 50 minute lunch. We left the hotel at 8:30am, arrived at this 'market' at 11:30am. We did not want to shop and after a 3-hour bus ride, we just asked the tour guide - Armando - if we could just proceed to the restaurant and eat and relax. He became very irate and said that we had to shop for 40 minutes first and if we didn't want to shop, we could just look around for 40 minutes. When I told him I didn't want to look around, he insulted me and called me someone 'who had obviously never been out of my country'. (This was funny because I have travelled to almost every continent over 20 years). I found his comment so offensive and rude. We were just asking if we could skip the shopping - we weren't asking for champagne and caviar. It was a simple request and he was so awful it just ruined our entire trip. Thank goodness Brenda from Beach Palace was there. She said she would see what she could do and I guess she called the head of the tour company to see if it was okay if we just proceed to the restaurant (at this point I'm thinking this whole thing is ridiculous!). She came back and said it was fine and so we proceeded to the restaurant and actually had a really nice meal. We finally arrived in Chichen Itza at 1:40pm. We stayed for 3 hours and it was really interesting to see. What was funny is that Armando made it sound like we should be shopping at the artisan market to help the local artisans - like it was a civic duty - but when you actually get to Chichen Itza, the ENTIRE site is lined with hundreds of local artisans selling their wares! So this 3-hour detour to 'shop' was totally unnecessary. We made it back to Beach Palace just before 8pm (a 12-hour trip for 3 hours in Chichen Itza!). If you do decide to go to Chichen Itza, pick a trip that takes you directly there. It's only 2 hours from the hotel and worth seeing if you're into that stuff.

9. They do kind of hound you to attend a 'celebration' event which is actually a 90-minute tour to sell you a time share. We said we might attend the next day, and when we didn't show up, they did call and leave us a few messages, but when I called down and told them we were not interested, they never called back again. It was no problem at all. I recommend that you book all your hotel credits on the first day. We didn't end up using all of them.

Besides our bad experience with the Chichen Itza trip (which is another tour operator and not part of Beach Palace) we had an excellent time. The place is beautiful and I have never experienced better service than that. Enjoy your holiday!

Room Tip: Ocean front on a high floor.