“Eduardo the Beach Waiter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

Save Saved
You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
East Troy
“Eduardo the Beach Waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a travel agent, I have the luxury of visiting many different destinations and resorts and I have to say that this was a wonderful family resort. Pleasant staff and service and the best was Eduardo our VIP Beach Waiter. He took care of us and especially my husband that was celebrating his birthday. Maybe too much that day. Thank you to the Beach Palace and your entire staff. I do need to tell you though the beds were way too hard for me and my liking. Beautiful rooms but beds need to have pillow toppers on them or be a lot softer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (921)
  • Korean first
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Palace Resorts has been a pleasure to deal with the last several years. They have been responsive to all our special needs. Our hostess Millie Duarte has made things run smoothly. We think all of the staff will help to make any of your stays great. RFS

Room Tip: Just ask. They will give you the best available. The lagoon side is also quite nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
East Norriton, PA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went to this hotel,part of a chain of Palace resorts for a dance competition.It was our first trip to Mexico and Cancun.I was wary because you hear so many people badmouth Mexico.I must say our room was excellent,very comfortable bed and very BIG.The resort has four restaurants and you cant get a bad meal here. Very nice wine list.Small list but good wines that you can upgrade to with hotel credits.The staff is wonderful,but expect to be pounced on by timeshare sales people.If you just say no they will leave you be.Amazing beach.Powder like sand and amazing shells to find.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean front rooms.Worth the upgrade.
Bend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have never had such a great experience. The service, throughout the hotel was superb. The poolside bar on the roof was outstanding and our favorite! We were served by Sarah, Isabel, Fidel and Eleida Cheff. There were seven of us and they would remember what we had to drink the day before (even if we switched drinks). They always had a smile and would do anything they could to make our day. The food was outstanding. We had snacks at the bar (they have a chef right there), breakfast at the Buffett and dinner on the patio. We never had a bad meal. We never had bad service and we never met any of the staff that was not happy, helpful and full of life. This was our first time to Cancun and I can't imagine going anywhere else.

Room Tip: There is no bad room. One side of the hotel faces the ocean and the other side faces the bay. You...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was at the Beach Palace for an event and was too busy to try all the amenities. I didn't go to the spa. I didn't go to the bars. Didn't use any of the pools. Didn't try the restaurants. I reveal this so you know the limitations of this review.

What I can tell you is that the room I stayed in (#900) was exquisite. Living room, bedroom with king sized bed, two bathrooms, two televisions (both with DVD players that I didn't use), two mini-fridges (both stocked), a huge patio with entrances to both sections of the suite. It was palatial. I liked the stock pillows so did not try the others on the pillow menu. I left the aromatherapy device off because I didn't care for it, but if you like that sort of thing there is a menu of scents.

The food served at the buffets was very good. Considering this is an all-inclusive hotel, I would call it excellent (for that category of establishment). I did use the 24-hour (all-inclusive) room service once. I stuck to simple items as I understand the limits of room service. The food was very good and arrived promptly. Dishes were removed conveniently the next day. Can't ask for better than that.

Service requests were sometimes fulfilled in an unusual manner, but that sort of thing happens to me when I don't speak enough of the local language to express myself clearly. The staff certainly made every effort to take care of me quickly to the best of their understanding.

An example of the unusual is the bed. I am over six feet tall (1.88 meters). The Beach Palace uses a combination sheet/duvet. If I kept my feet covered, the thing only came to my waist. If I pulled it up over my shoulders, my feet would be entirely exposed. I was unable to explain the problem to housekeeping, so had to improvise. (1) use the provided robes to make a foot covering; (2) turn the duvet sideways; (3) employ the bed spread for my feet; (4) put on fuzzy socks and wear sweat pants to bed.

Solution 1 wasn't so good. Not recommended. Solution 2 is okay for a single person, but the construction of the sheet/duvet thing made this awkward. Solution 3 was sort of heavy and didn't work too well. Ultimately, I found solution 4 to be the best option. If you speak better Spanish than I do you will probably be able to get a real solution from housekeeping. Yes, they speak very good English, but this situation is hard to explain... almost surreal. I don't hold the failure to communicate against them, they are doing their best in a second language.

The bed was very comfortable, by the way. I slept great with solution 4.

Another unusual item was the provided clock. It was an hour off and I could not figure out how to set the time. Setting the alarm was easy... the time, not so much. I just adapted. I checked a friend's room and this was a problem unique to my room.

I marked the "value" of this property as average, because "value", for me, is the weighting of hotel features against cost. While the features are great, the price you pay renders the "value" average. I want to be clear that I have no problem with the value of the Beach Palace, I am just trying to be realistic. To me, and "excellent" value would be outstanding features for very low price.

Room Tip: The two room suites on the ocean side building corners are fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel situated on a beautiful beach in the middle of the Hotel Zone. The food and service was excellent, the rooms were spacious and clean, and since we picked the week after New Years, it was not crowded.

The only disappointment was the time share sales. We did not know going in that there would be time share presentations and they roped us in by showing brochures of high priced excursions to our 2 sons under the pretense they were showing us ways of using our resort credit, getting their interest, and then offering a very steep discount if we attended a presentation the following morning for 1.5 hours. Although they didn't state what the presentation was about, we figured out at that point it was for time share and we agreed to attend to get additional information + get the discounted excursion rate for 4. The sales presentation was incredibly misleading and they did not produce the rate sheet on the fees a time share owner would have to pay for the all inclusive offerings (on top of buying in) until the end of the 2nd hour (well beyond our committed 1.5 hours). As it turns out the purchase price + their all inclusive rate would be MORE than the rate we paid through Costco Travel and our 2 hours was a complete waste of time.

Secondly, although the hotel is currently offering resort credits, we found that they are somewhat restrictive and did not fully use the credits. Note you do have to pay tax for the value of the credits redeemend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mandan, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Fantastic time here! The service is like no other place we have stayed! The pool bar is great! They serve you promptly and are are there with another drink for you before you even ask for one! Our favorite pool waitress is Yadira!!! She has remembered us from years past coming here and always welcomes us home! Her service is great, she always has a smile for us. Even served us our beers and water in our own ice bucket at the pool side! One night when the pool bar was closing, the chef behind the bar gave us special service too and made us some special shrimp to take to our room! His name is Gregorio! The restaurants are all first class and the food is terrific! We have been many places in Cancun and Dominican Republic and this is by far our favorite place to come!

Room Tip: If you choose a room on the Lagoon side, you will have sun in the late afternoon when the pools get...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!