“brief visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #6 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Port Orange, Florida
“brief visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Any of the Palace Resorts are of high quality, but we prefer the wide open spaces of the Moon Palace over high-rise buildings, and limited beach access.
We took advantage of the shuttle service to dine in the Italian Restaurant at the Beach Palace. The setting was elegant, the service fast and attentive, and the food excellent.
We were disappointed though, that the Cancun Palace (Hard Rock) is not on the shuttle service anymore, because the Italian Restaurant there was outstanding in all respects, at our last year's visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (996)
  • Korean first
Sedalia, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Yardira, Yanet, Angel, Jaun Carlos and Dominga did an outstanding job taking care of us this last week. Always happy and ready to get un whatever we needed. We have been Palace Resorts members since 1999 and we have never had a bad experience. We would recommend them as a resort hotel to anybody of any age. Palace Resorts are the best.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms are great, but so are the rooms on the lagoon side if the beach isn't available...
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Short and to the point.
Internet service, inconsistent. Server constantly dropping, signal weak on beach/pool/room.
Poor reception on arrival, staff appeared rushed and not interested.
Room credits didn't arrive for til second day, thus making spa appt limited.
Spa usual.
Rooms clean, inconsistent re amenities, housekeeping, but done every day.
Brand name liquor in rooms, with beer pop and juice daily. Bottle water in room daily
Resort uses reverse osmosis water purifying and bottled water. First trip to Mexico and we did not get sick.
Sushi restaurant (Wok) efficient and food good.
Italian " (Botcelli) efficient and food ok
Mexican and Buffet room efficient and food good
Steak house efficient and food good
Pool grill efficient and food ok
Pool clean and cold
Water slide pool clean and warmer
Kiddie pool shallow and clean
Hot tubs small and clean (pool deck and sky pool deck)
Sky pool clean and small, quiet during day and hot without shade up there.
Lagoon room quiet with nice view. Rush hour traffic is noisy only.
Staff friendly
Bar staff friendly and always on hand to produce drinks, or bar food either at pools or beach.
Nightly entertainment usual stuff and nothing I would stay up for.
House band in Sports bar surprisingly good.
Gift shop/ jewelry shop on site. Short distance to Flamingo Mall and 10 minute walk to newer mall. The designer brand mall is a taxi drive of about 15 minutes.
Airport ride is at least 25 minutes. Advise to prearrange your pick up from airport. Mad house outside terminal with pedlars trying to get you to choose them for a lift. Pre paid $80 for return transportation airport to hotel with Cancun Shuttle.
Long line ups night before checking out. Prepare to que.
Beach is relatively clean. Lounge chairs in plenty of supply with umbrellas that will be put up for you by staff. Lifeguard on duty during day. Per usual quite an undertow on Cancun beaches.
Pool side music is very loud. Even sitting away from the two speakers don't help much. Quieter on the beach. Plenty of beach towels at poolside.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I and another couple just spent the week in Cancun at The Beach Palace! What a remarkable resort with absolutely amazing staff! I have stayed at 3 other all inclusives and the service and atmosphere here was the best! Loved spending the days at the beach where my man"Jose" would always plant a palapa umbrella where ever you wanted. He gets you towels, shuffles loungers to where you want them, just awesome beach service! Then later in the afternoon we would transfer to the rooftop pool and swim up bar!! This spot is great area too watch the sun go down on a comfy bed style lounger, the pool is super warm which made it comfortable to enjoy at all times and the service was great! Luz was our awesome waitress that would take care of us and get us whatever we wanted and made sure the drinks were full! Oscar and Daniel also delivered top quality service with a smile, loved those guys! If you are flip flopping on a choice ,,,,think no more....this place delivers!! Loved all the food, the sports bar, and the nightly entertainment as well! Oh and I cant forget.....we used our resort credits for a massage and in all honesty I had the best massage I have ever had! Florentina was my masseuse and she is fantastic.....ask for Florentina!! The eucalyptus steam room is wonderful and Bernie will set you up with chlorophyll water, lavender fragranced towels and everything else you need to enjoy the spa area! I'm going back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at the Beach Palace from Nov.18-25. It was only 2 of us.
Everyone was very friendly; we checked in with no wait or effort. They brought us to our room which was on the 12th floor corner room; lagoon side. The view from our balcony was spectacular, escpecially at night. Because it was the corner room the balcony is partly ocean view which we really enjoyed. Being on the lagoon side is also qieter and not has hot; since you get the late afternoon sun. The room at two dbl. bed, I was quite shocked when I saw this, since I was really expecting a king bed. But the room was worth keeping, and we made the best of the situation.
Room was kept clean, and they refilled our fridge every day; rhum, water, pop, coffee etc. The second turn down service was being done often no more than 2 hrs. after the first. Maybe because we had no upgrade but they would come and clean our room around 4pm and then come back around 6pm a second time.
We were never hungry and thirsty. The service there is 5 star. Isabel & Sarahi were always around ready to take your order; ready to please 6 days a week. Everyone was very accommodating, you need anything; room service 24hrs. no problem. Met Lionel the head restaurant manager who was also super frienly; there to make sure everyone was looked after and happy. Fidel and Eleyda at the sky bar were there too ready with a smile.
I also would like to mention Darinel who works on the beach; this guy does not quit: from digging holes in the sands so people had umbrella where ever they wish; to bringing lounge chairs and tables. Darinel just like everyone on the property works relentlessly. I just hope he gets a lot of tips too! The sand of course was spectacular, the ocean super warm.
Thanks everyone.
I wished they would have an adult only area. We went to the sports bar at night which was good enough. The live band was great. You can even manage a "request" sometimes. There were times when I was on the dance floor at 10pm; and 3 yrs. old little girl were joining me. You make your opinion! Entertainment at night is what you expect; you've seen it once now you see it again.
The view from this hotel is awesome. The roof top pool is also very nice after 2pm; since you get the sun from the lagoon side more. Only one side of the roof was open the entire time we were there, meaning only one of the pools was open. It would've been nice if one of the pools was adult only.
Probably would not go back again the world is a big place.

Room Tip: Lagoon side has the late afternoon sun. Perfect for sunset view. Nice picture.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at many resorts but I have to say this one tops the list! I just spent 7 wonderful days at the Beach Palace Resort in Cancun and the service is over the top! The #1 focus of every single employee is to make sure that you are taken care of. No matter what we asked for, the answer was always YES! And in addition, you would always hear "It is my pleasure". The rooms are spacious and clean, the restaraunts and bars are always staffed appropriately so you never have to wait. The pools and beach are impecible. Whenever I travel to Cancun in the future, this will be the only place I will stay. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to an Ocean view, it is so beautiful to see the sun rise every morning.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This resort was simply amazing. I have travelled over Mexico and the Caribbean lots and I would have to say this was one of the best resorts I have stayed at. Our flight was extremely late so we did not get a hight floor as we requested but staff still asked us to check in the next day to see what they could do for us. We (girlfriend and I) were only on the second floor but it was more like 4 or 5 as the hotel is elevated. The ocean view is totally worth it, however if you are on the lagoon side there is still a possibility of you viewing the ocean.

The food was great. I did not find that after a week I was getting bored of it at all, which has happened at previous all-inclusives I have stayed at. I only wish there were more than 4 restaurants.

The entertainment at night was also fantastic and very enjoyable. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the break dance show and the "Ideal couple" night. It was a fun competetion between 4 couples. Just as a heads up there are no questions so be prepared to dance and other embarassing stuff as well.

I was worried with this being a "family" resort that we would be constantly running into kids or hear them scream and yell, however that was not the case. We are a young couple (I'm 23 and she's 20) and we found it very relaxing and calm. We did go during the beginning of December though so I would imagine parents might have waited till Christmas vacation to go.

You also get 1500 resort credits which do save you money but you still pay 10% tax on your trip. If you take the Isla Mujeres trip be prepared that you will not be at the beach and it basically forces you to pay for a dolphin swim or other similar activities. We simply decided to take a short cab ride to the Palace resort where there is an actual beach and stay there for the day.

To finish off I would say that the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. From the check-in staff to the housekeepers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!