“Beach Palace Resort Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Palace

You added Beach Palace to your Saves list
Beach Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cinco de Mayo - 40% Off
Ranked #6 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Beach Palace Resort Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I spent a week at Beach Palace in the Hotel District in Cancun this past February for our Honeymoon. We couldn't have asked for a better place to enjoy our week.

Let's start with the overall experience - the place was tip-top; from the beach, pool, lobby, restaurants and rooms. How clean was the place? The staff had beach groomed every morning (raked and seaweed picked up) before sunrise each morning. Neither neighboring resort can claim that. Our rooms were tended too at least twice a day (every afternoon and a turn-down service in the evening). Being on our honeymoon, we even had the option of a romantic night in, starting with room-service meal, the jacuzzi drawn with bubbles/rose peddles, and a bottle of champaign. I believe they will do that for anniversaries too.

Food - excellent. Most mornings we started with a huge breakfast buffet and could have omelettes and other specialties made to order. Personally, being a bacon and hash-browns type, I got my fill easily with some tropical fruits and an ocassional Bloody-Mary to start the day. Other mornings we had room-service. (Always ordered room-service coffee and it always showed up exactly when we expected). Most days we were at the pool/beach before lunch so enjoyed sandwich, burger, nachos, etc poolside or again had the option of going inside for a huge buffet. Dinner - lots of options, room service, buffet and a choice of restaurants. Our favorite was Wok. All of our meals were outstanding - if we were hungry, we had plenty of options 24 hours a day.

Rooms - beautiful. Our first night we were in a double room with a lagoon view. While checking in, we asked if we could be moved to a king room, ocean view of course. The next day, we were able to move to a new room (bell-hops took care of us). Ocean view, breeze, etc from our room. WOW, each morning enjoying the sunrise from the balcony with coffee. That said, the Lagoon view was also tramendous. Unless you insist on the ocean view, nothing wrong with the lagoon view to watch the sunset (plus it's in the shade and easier to see computer monitor in the morning on the balcony). Did I mention that each Beach Palace room comes with a private balcony and double jacuzzi?

Pool/Beach - great. Simply, they were great. Beach Palace has 2 pools rooftop and 1 large pool oceanside. Very clean with lots of loungers. The beach was also nice with good sand.

Bottom line about our Beach Palace honeymoon, if I wanted to find a compaint ... I can't other that it came to an end. People have asked it was adults/couples only - no, it's not. But we hardly noticed the kids that were there.

Room Tip: Beach Palace offers two views - ocean view and lagoon view. All rooms have a private balcony and dou...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,163)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Excellent all round experience!! The service was wonderfull, the staff was friendly, and food was fresh. Hotel was near the ocean, with tons of sport activities. A big thumbs up to the KIDS CLUB which was right next to the pool so we were always close, my kids loved it. The staff at the club were super friendly. If you are planning a trip to Cancun this is the place to be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have to say opposite my wedding/honeymoon, my stay at the Beach Palace was nothing less then EXTRAVAGANT! Several family members and I booked an 8 day 7 night stay at the palace to celebrate my 14 yr wedding anniversary along with my cousins birthday. Our initial excitement was put on hold by a few isolated incidents the first few days that had my family and I second guessing ourselves with our choice with the beach palace, and our heartfelt concerns was immediately displayed and explained to the resorts General Manager. I have to admit, even the most hardend skepticism wasn't enough to keep a smile away after talking just 10 minutes with the GM. His attitude, his deanor, his confidence was eveident from the word go. His accomodations was over the top, his eagerness and willingness to make this the best vacation we have ever experienced was nothing short of "AWE" It was mesmorizing to say the least. The food was made with love, the attention to detail was what the rich and famous experience on a daily basis.ur stay was so awesome we didnt want to leave and all this is because 1 man took a few minutes out of his busy schedule and listened to what we had to say. The GM's name is Mr. Luis Miguel Ojeda Arsuaga, and on behalf of the Lowry family I would like to publicly thank this man from the bottom of my heart for turning our vacation into an 8 star fun filled fantasy getaway. Because of this man my family and I marched right up to th processing center and became owners at the best vacation resort in all of MEXICO!!!!
Thanks for everything LUIS- Your extended family the Lowry & Hooks household

Room Tip: any room facing the beach & Ocean is nothing short of breathtaking
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Excellent service!! She made us feel welcome and quickly handled all of our needs! She was funny and super friendly. Palace resorts are all about service and she is a perfect example We just stopped by on way back to our hotel and she made us feel very welcome - even though we were only visiting! The people at Palace make the difference!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I researched our trip to Cancun alot. I was on trip advisor everyday. I got some envaluable information and it helped make our trip better. The Hotel was beautiful steps away from the beautiful ocean and beach. Our balcony was amazing to wake up to the sun rise every morning on the ocean was spectacular. The rooms where very nice and clean. We did not have any issues with hearing other people and our room was right across from the elevators so we where worried about it. The beds where hard but after the first night I got used to it. The staff was amazing always with a smile and great attitude. I got to meet and talk to Gabriella who made the fantastic omeletts, she was very nice. The massages where to die for. We loved the credits it enabled us to do more than we would have been able to. We got the couple massage, a trip to Tulum, photos of our large family, my husband and I and our 3 teenagers also our extended family went as well so our group was 14, we also brought back some tequila with the room credits. We had to pay $11 out of pocket for all of this so not bad.

Our only issue was the food, it was okay no real problems. It just got old after awhile and we really wanted some good Mexican food. They did have real good gucamole. We got tired of the buffet so we dressed up to go to the resturants. Believe it or not we enjoyed the Japanse resurant the most and that is really not our type of food. We went there two days in a row. We never had any problem with seating such a large group of people. I wish they would have one nice Mexican resurant, when we came back friends asked if we had real good Mexican food and we did not. It was a good deal for us though because feeding three teenagers two of them being big boys we would have payed alot of money to feed them. We also really enjoyed the drinks. They just kept them coming and I learned many new drinks all where very good. My husband and my teenage sons loved the roof top bar the just sat up there with their drinks and chatted with the bar tenders for hours.

We all discussed what our favorite things that we did in Cancun and about half was Tulum with the history, the other half was just spending the day at the resort in the pool and in that gorgeous ocean with a nice drink in our hand.

Room Tip: Next time I go I will ask for a matress pad to make the bed more comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went on this vacation as four very good friends and were not dissapointed. Overall, the property is very nice with excellent ameneties. There are, however, a few things to be desired and depending on what type of traveler you are, they may or may not matter to you. As a side note, we booked through Liberty Travel and were very dissapointed with how the company planned our trip, but we did not let this affect our vacation!

Resort Credit:
Do not go to this resort solely based on these credits that are offered. The credits were not fully explained by either Liberty or the hotel, itself. Apparently, there is a 11% tax on any of the credits that you use. For example, if you use 300 credits at the spa (apparently that is the max you can use here), and that would cost a hotel price of 350.00, the 11% tax takes almost 40 bucks out of your pocket per person. So now you've paid 80.00 for something that should be free? Scam. We were able to "negotiate" the 11% tax because we were not having any part of what anyone was telling us, and after arguing they just gave it to us. I wouldn't bank on that though, we are New Yorkers and we just don't tolerate that sort of B.S.

Oh, you can also use up to 100.00 in the store on "silver". The hotel up charges every piece of jewelry by at least 100.00. SCAM.

THE FOOD:

Just O.K. Breakfast is the best meal of the day, everything is very tasty. But, aside from that, everything is plain. Some flavor here and there, but the food is not something you can eat routinely. We ate at McDonalds 3 times a week just to feel like we've eaten a meal. And that was with eating everything. The food didn't change our mind one way or another on the hotel or Cancun, but it is what it is. Don't expect to eat some sort of delicious meal every night. ALTHOUGH, the Thai food at the Skybar was fantastic! The women that makes the food is very polite!!!!!!!!!! WOW!

That's it. Everything else is amazing. The beach is amazing. The pools are amazing. The service is amazing. Alfonso and Luis are WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! MOY BUENO! Mucho Gracias. These two made sure we had the best trip ever. If Alfonso and Luis read this, DIANA MIKE MELISSA DANNY SAY HI!!

The drink service was amazing. You'll always have a drink in your hand with someone smiling. Maria Jose and Sarahi by the pool were WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! Nothing else to be said. Kept getting us drinks without us asking, knew what we wanted. Again, thank you for the great service.

In a nutshell:

The bad:
Resort Credits
Food - Average to Good at best
If your a family, great, if not, you'll have to keep it down at all hours. We liked to party, to say the least.

The Good:
Maria Jose
Sarahi
The Beach
The service
The Rooms
Unlimited Ice Cream :)

Go to this resort and just let go. You won't be thrilled with the credits and the food, but you'll really have a good time. If your a group that parties, go hang with Luis and Alfonso then go out.

Cancun was really good to us, and we know it was because of the people at the Beach Palace! Even with our complaints, they were addressed with smiles. Which is how it should be at any top resort.

-New York
And we will return in the future!

Room Tip: Ocean View is the way to go.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was our second visit to a Palace Resort in Cancun. We were so happy last year with our experience at the Sun Palace that we talked 10 other family and friends into coming with us this year...for 10 days. The first day was terrible as we attempted to book our outings and other items to use our credits. We were told that the government imposes an 11% tax on all items purchased. Since we booked before a specific date (april I think) some items had the tax included and would come out of our credits, while other things we had to pay the tax out of pocket. PLEASE NOTE...I was told that anyone booking from now on, will pay the tax out of pocket on ALL credits used. So basically, you will pay 11% of whatever your credits are just to be able to use them. When you realize the rediculous prices, you are basically paying for your event out of pocket, making the credits useless. As an example, a "romantic dinner" on the beach is 350 credits. 11% of this is $38.50. The dinner was average at best and would likely cost about $40 somewhere else. The other way they will screw you on the credits is by limiting how much you can use for items. Example: spa and dolphin swims are the most popular. Spa is limited to 300 credits and dolphins are limited to 200 credits. Dolphin swim is about 150/person after tax added. So $300 for my wife and I, meaning we had to pay nearly 100 out of pocket. It is worth it, but was a big hassle for our friends who had 4 people wanting to do it, but were limited to using 200 credits even though they had 2 rooms and 4000 credits. They could only afford to send the 3 kids and were not able to attend with them.....terrible. Just a side note....We also did a dolphin swim package through Dolphin Discovery that was 1000 times better than the one booked through the hotel. Do the Royal Swim package. It is an all day event that includes a very cool catamaran ride to isla mujeres, 30-40 minutes of snorkeling, an hour or 2 in the city to walk around and shop, 40-50 minutes with dolphins in the sea (not a pool), also includes snorkeling with stingrays and sea lions/sharks....very good day. Food/drink included.....be sure to negotiate a 10-20% discount with booking agent. Should be an all day for 130/person.

I was clearly upset with the credits situation (mostly I hate that they are trying to get every nickel out of you after paying 5K or more for a vacation...mostly by trying to blame the government when clearly it is the management). The service was above average and they employ some of the most wonderful people. Ernesto in the buffet restaurant is awesome along with Gabriella on the omlet station....we were met everyday with "good morning baby"....we love her.

We booked a conceirce room. view was great, but the first few nights never got turn down service and we had to ask for shampoo/shower gel when we ran out. I know that seems petty, but it bothered us a little.

The two biggest complaints of our group was no night life and noisy neighbors. My wife's family had to tell neighboring room to be quiet 3 nights at 3AM. When they called the front desk, nothing was done. Walls are paper thin...bring ear plugs! There is absolutely no night life....like clubs/dancing. You have to leave the resort and pay $ to get in and drinks. I bought a beer at Senor frogs.....$17. WHAT???? The resort clearly has some scam going with local clubs, as they take groups to different clubs on certain nights, but it is not included in resort cost. We asked constantly about getting dance music in sports bar some night and they kept promising to do so, but never did. They want you to have to go out on your own or with the group to dance.

Overall it was an average experience for me. I love the staff and hate the management. I will likely be looking elsewhere for future vacations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach Palace? Share your experiences!