“Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Palace

You added Sun Palace to your Saves list
Sun Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 20 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #4 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Dayton Ohio
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

I could not ask for more from a hotel. The staff was out of this world! So friendly and helpful!!! The food was awesome: Breakfast, lunch and dinner! The room was great! View awesome!! The entertainment at the hotel at night was a great way to just "stay in". The beach was too pretty!! (And very few people!!!!) Great shells! I can't say enough wonderful things about the hotel. We did tip almost everyone. The staff was so wonderful they totally deserved it. When we got back home it made me never want to give a tip again after seeing the people who really deserve one!! If you're going, I envy you!!! Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sun Palace for our honeymoon. It was amazing to say the least. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. The service is amazing, they go out of their way to make you happy. The food is great and we never had to wait a long time to eat. They have a special dinner for honeymooners where they put roses in the pool and serenade you. It was awesome! We truely felt like the whole trip was a fantasy. The only thing I could remotely complain about is the taxis are very expensive and they mexicans are pushy when you go to shops. Other than that it was great. I would highly recommend swimming with the dolphins at wet n wild. Great experience. Hope this helps!

• Liked — the service
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Shoreview, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

We celebrated our 9th anniversary at the Sun Palace. We had an oceanview Jacuzzi King room. The bedding was down and very soft. There was a flat screen TV, minibar & fridge, jacuzzi tub, balcony with chairs and a large walk-in shower, and a double-sink. Room services could be improved some but overall service at the hotel was excellent. Very friendly staff who were eager to please from the moment you step into the lobby and are offered a hot towel and a glass of champagne.

The food is really good but there are only a few restaurants in the building. We traveled to other Palace Resorts in Cancun to get a taste of other foods.

The one downer about the place is that you have to stand in a line in the lobby to sign up for the Free tours and the spa appointments. I stood in line for over 2 hours literally just to make a spa appointment that cost me $200! This process has got to improve for the amount of money we spent to go on this trip.

Be aware of the breakfast tour of the area Palace Resorts and the offer of Free Palace Money. You are told that you won't be pressured into a timeshare but we certainly were. They started out at $40K for 50 weeks of vacation over 25 years and they went all the way down to $3K with 2 RT airline tickets and a free stay. We didn't buy though because you still have to pay the all-inclusive fee for the week. It didn't make sense to us. Just be aware that they are out there to try to sell you on this place. Avoid it at all costs.

• Liked — The quality of service and accomodations
  • Disliked — Standing in line for hours to make a spa appointment that should take 10 minutes.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Español
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed in our Honeymoon at the sun palace, and y must say that it was an almost perfect stay.

The site it´s totally reformed ans looks like new.

All the rooms are spacious and luxurious, flat t.v., bar, liquor dispenser, jacuzzi, spacious terrace, big and firm bed, abundance of marmor and stone and a powerful A/C

The service is friendly, efficient and complete. 24h. service to room included. Snacks and drinks served in your chair in the pool or the beach

The food is of great quality in both buffet and restaurants. In resturants: Great presentation and good portions. No waitings, inmediate acceptance.

The best location in Cancun: at the beginning of the hotel line, great calm. Much better than central or upper line ( For noise and crowds) and lower locations, like moon palace (no buses and seaweed). Perfectly connected by bus.

Adults only: perfect deal for couples, specially honeymooners.

I only could apreciate some minor imperfections:

While te W.C. and the shower were cleansed everyday, the jacuzzi just every 2-3 days

A closet door get out place if you were not caefull (so unimportant tath we didn´t tell them)

The pools are somewhat small, but more than enough for taking a refreshing bath.

I had the bad luck of losing foot in the only water spot that were not properly signalised.

I think this poor complaints aren´t enough to be taken in consideration. I think it´s in the 5 best hotels you can find in cancun, and not so pricy tath many others with less quality.

• Liked — Room and Food
  • Disliked — I liked everything
Sun Prairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We stayed at the Sun Palace, Cancun from July 8 through July 15 for our honeymoon.

We loved our stay at the Sun Palace. This resort is perfect for honeymooners! Everyone (including other guests) at the hotel were friendly and everyone was having a good time. The quiet of the Sun Palace was great for building a romantic atmosphere. The service was great. How do you adequately describe hotel staff who are continually working non-stop? I noticed various staff who stayed in motion serving drinks and taking orders from early morning to late evening, non-stop.

We also ventured to the Moon Palace and Cancun Palace. While they were also wonderful, the Cancun Palace was busier, and the Moon Palace was very busy/noisy, compared to the Sun Palace's calm and peace.

At the Sun Palace, were no lines for anything . Whereas the Cancun Palaces lines were 10-20 people and the Moon Palace's lines were often 30-50 people long. We highly recommend the Sun Palace for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. We recommend the Cancun Palace and Moon Palace for family getaways.

If you want to go shopping, we recommend taking the local bus to the shops at Isla Mall and/or Kukulaa Mall.

We ended up walking out of one of the nightly shows put on by the hotel, as it was more risque than we liked. However, the fire show put on the subsequent night was fantastic.

• Liked — Service; All inclusive meals
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Sun Palace for 7 days EVERYTHING about this place is wonderful from the moment you walk in they make you feel like a celebrity or some VIP icon. When we first arrived they greeted us with a glass of champaine each and a carnation flower for me. Check in was a breeze, we actually got an upgrade because I asked for it and they happened to have one available. ALMOST all of the rooms in this hotel have ocean view or at least partial view of the ocean...it's great! The food was pretty good, I must say in my opinion this has been the best food I've ever had in an All-Inclusive resort. They try hard to make the presentation of the food sophisticated which I loved seeing. The Mexican restaurant was our favorite, we ate there almost every night. One night we decided to eat at the steakhouse, I must say that the food was pretty good. I ordered ribs with french fries hmmm it was delicious..please order the ribs if you go to the steakhouse , you'll remember this review :) We didn't try the Italian and Asian restaurants so I can't comment on these two spots. We went to Cancun Palace by bus (about 60 cents each) to have dinner. The food there seemed just a bit better, we went to the Mexican restaurant and another night to the international buffet on both nights we thought the food was excellent however, beware that there are tons of people in this hotel with kids and teenagers...it was frightening to witness that part so as soon as we finished eating we went back to our peaceful adults only resort! Regarding the beach and pool: both are excellent. The beach is beautiful (no seaweed or rocks at all) although a little rough. Both pools were so nice, the "quiet" pool was nice to relax and nap while sipping some drinks while the "activity" pool was great for watching people participating in the actrivities as you are having drinks in or by the pool. It was great!! by the way, they have girls walking around asking you if you want to order drinks.. which means you don't even have to leave the beach if you are in drinking mode while hanging out on the beach! The staff is excellent, I have no words to describe how great these people try to make your stay so pleasant. I can continue on and on with this review but I don't want to bore you so I will stop now. If you already booked this hotel I'm giving you a big pat on your back for being smart, if you still haven't booked it yet you better run to their website now and book it because this is as good as it will get in Cancun. I promise you'll love it. We did!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

These reviews do not do the Sun Palace justice. I have stayed at numerous all-inclusive resorts and found the Sun Palace to exceed all of them. Every request was given an "it would be my pleasure" response. The variety of food and drinks were impressive. The all-inclusive excursions were incredible, especially Island de Mujeres. The room is beautiful, each has a private jacuzzi and balcony. The views are incredible and the resort is extremely modern. All staff were extremely friendly and the resort goes the extra mile with everything - from mariachi singers in the main dining room that come to your table to serenade you with a requested song to the snacks at Senor Frogs that were part of the trip to Island de Mujeres. Felt very safe and the place is immaculate. There are 3 pool areas, with a variety of lounge chair types, and an additional heated pool near the spa area with very soothing music. There are numerous options for dining -- including a thai/asian outdoor lounge-y area with another small pool, a mexican/international restaurant, and an italian restaurant (the most fancy of all). The shows at night were also very impressive, and were professionally done with outside performers. There is 24-hour room service which is included, along with the mini bar that is restocked daily and the room bar with 4 different types of liquor. During the day there are activities and pool volleyball. The Sun Palace really has it all. I didn't want to leave and will definitely return!

• Liked — Services Included
  • Disliked — No disco
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sun Palace? Share your experiences!