“Could not ask for more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Palace

You added Sun Palace to your Saves list
Sun Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 20 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #4 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
“Could not ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

From the food, to service, and especially the entertainment crew, I could not have asked for more from an all-inclusive vacation. The trip was perfect and I could not have had a better time. I'd like to specifically mention Augustine from the entertainment guys - he did an outstanding job making each day as fun as possible, while at the same time not being at all pushy.

A great trip, and I'd highly recommend going here to anyone thinking about it.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure all of the rooms are ocean front!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
In the end it is very simple:
If you are happy, we are happy. No rocket science here.

And patrons who are happy people will be happy at Sun Palace because that is their nature.
This is what makes our job so gratifying.

Thank you for sharing. Be back again soon!

pwinkler@palaceresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,297)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The definition of heaven in three words Sun Palace Hotel.Stayed here with my beautiful wife for her birthday and had the time of our lives.The hotel is very clean .The staff are so happy to help with every little thing that it makes for a terrific stay.Jorge in La Tratto and Allan were really helpful and friendly.I could talk all day about the staff but to sum it up we will be back in the future.We travelled from Ireland which is a long way but well worth every minute of travel.The food is top nosh and drinks are all top shelf (they even had Jameson whisky) heaven.Again thank you to all concerned and keep up the good work.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stayed at the Sun Palace for one night to catch a very early flight. It was a very good experience. The bars were good, the pools were nice even though loungers were hard to find, and the beach guy was very good about getting us set up. We had great beach service and even though the pool we were at had no swim up bar it was close. Our greatest Mexico experience was walking the beach that night and watching a sea turtle lay her eggs, harvesting them in a 5 gal bucket and watching her return to the sea. Two hours of a very holy moment. They upgraded our room to an ocean view, and we took advantage of the hot tub and the view that evening. We were tired after all that so we ordered room service, and it was above average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Meriden, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Noisy, cleaning people did not have consideration for anyone that wanted to sleep passed 7am. The beach was beautiful. The food service at the restaurants were slow, ended up using room service more often then not. Being an adults only resort, the people here act more like kids with their drinking and screaming at 3-4am. The only plus was the beach and the location close to cancun nightlife by city bus but far enough were the "spring breakers" will not be present. Some excursions we had to take the local city bus which left us about 1/2 mile away from our stop. This was our honeymoon and I was very glad I stayed at the Playacar Palace for the week before.

Room Tip: The 8th floor is a complete smoking floor, every room smells like cigars and cigarettes.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
I am sorry. We don't harbor Spring Breakers but sometimes we do get adults in "their second Spring".
We certainly put an end to disruptions when reported.

Normally I would be very concerned about a three point review but given that it is against a sister hotel it doesn't feel that bad.

That's of course my point of view. I do apologize for not having been what you expected. We do try to make a repeat of every guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Loved our stay, we had upgraded to junior suite but were pleased we got checked into concierge.
Room was amazing, ocean view and great aircon, its soooooo hot outside!

The food at breakfast and lunch was amazing, Im very picky but there is something for everyone.

We ate at the Italian and were very disappointed as we dressed up for this meal. Food was terrible here, the pizza I had was like a Tesco value one. Menu needs changing, other couples we spoke too also said they didnt enjoy the food.

The outside grill was gorgeous, as was the Mexican and couples meal on an evening.

Entertainment needs sorting as I feel it lets the hotel down, we were in bed early most nights.

The beach is like a postcard view, stunning views. Other reviews state there is no seaweed on the beach but its everywhere but the guys on the beach are constantly burying it as the ocean sweeps it ashore all day.
The current is very powerful! I was planning on snorkeling here but the waves are so strong they make the water cloudy which was a shame.
I felt really sorry for the guys that did the sunbeds as they are there from 6am till 10pm some nights packing the sunbeds away, on several days I got our own sunbeds to help them out, please tip them as they do a great job!
Service on the beach is hit and miss, the first few days it was every 20 minutes you were asked if you wanted a drink, then after a few days it seemed as if they were training new staff and the standard slipped, I tipped £5 straight away if we where going to stay on the beach a few hours, one day I tipped and it then took two hours to get our drinks, we saw the funny side as at least they didnt forget! haha

I was planning on using resort credits for our trips but after speaking to other guests it was better to book them through your agent. Your day is better organised, a lot smaller groups and you get picked up by a small private air conditioned bus, they also make sure your only with other English people.

Use your credits for the spa, wine etc, it may cost more but you get so much more.
On checking out your suppose to get a voucher for the credits you didnt use, we didnt get this, nor did we get asked if we had a nice time, it was quick thank you and goodbye.
As we were treated so well for the stay I think the goodbye could be a lot better especially at concierge level.

We swam with whale sharks, dolphins, sharks, manatees, went to coco bongos and did the Adventure day out which was awesome.

The maids do such a good job and can come into your room upto 4 times per day which is great however some just knock and come in, so if your naked then they see everything, we started using the chain after a while haha

Its so hot there so take plenty of factor 50!

Our holiday was amazing, we would love to stay again once we have been to other countries, you are treated so well, just tip everyone now and then as all the staff deserve it. Just a few little bad points if you can call them that, Im just honest. The one thing I didnt like was the loud Americans, having served with them in Afghanistan I know what they are like, however we had to be re-seated on an evening meal as they were being so loud, and I dont like how arrogant and rude they can be to staff, no bearing on the hotel, I just hate people who are rude.

We will have to spend a lot of money for a holiday like this in other countries and this holiday will be hard to beat, we will be back in the coming years.

Room Tip: If you dont like loud Americans then dont stay here Take small currency for tipping Dont forget th...
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We celebrated our honeymoon at Sun Palace for 2 weeks. Honestly I could not fault it and my wife and i are so happy we chose SP as our honeymoon destination. The staff in all areas of the hotel were always obliging, kind, approachable, helpful and smiling. Unbelievable service which is highly commendable. What a professional team! Particular props to Christy, Vanessa, Edel, Marcelo, Cruz, Agustin and Marvin! You guys were awesome and made us feel at home. The room was a Junior Suite and was very sizeable, kept immaculate by housekeeping and retained a beautiful view of the sea. The service in Tratto was amazing, thanks Marvin. We enjoyed the selection of fruits and the omelette/pancake service at breakfast. I enjoyed volleyball on the beach. Everything in the spa was fantastic. Full marks from me! We will definitely be returning next July.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
We will be waiting for your return with baited breath.

When one of our customers tells us with such care about a good stay the thought is always to be on the lookout for the next visit to make it even better.

Please let me know about this and be well in the meantime.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We went here in October of 2012 for our honeymoon. This was THE best place I've ever stayed at EVER. We booked through a travel agent, and everything went according to plan. At check-in, we told the girl we were on our honeymoon, so she upgraded our room and was it EVER fantastic! You definitely get what you pay for. It was such a romantic room. There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us, and there was turndown service every night. There is also a minibar in the room and it is well stocked with brand name liquor, and soda is loaded up into the minifrig. I always felt safe at this place. You get a bracelet to let staff know that you are staying there, and you can use your bracelet to eat free of charge at any of the other Palace Resorts. You can also use their facilities. The food was great, although I wish they would serve authentic Mexican foods there. They seemed to serve more Americanized foods, and we wanted MEXICAN! We were also able to obtain the $1500 resort credit for the both of us (total), so we were able to get couples' massages, manicures, pedicures (no polish for the husband!), and even more excursions. There are several restaurants at the resort, and they are nice, but there's also the buffet, but it's fancy. It doesn't feel like a buffet. At night, they move the buffet out to the patio of the resort, and it's like you're having dinner on the beach. You can hear the ocean, feel the breeze, and there's always music playing. There's an actually "Dinner on the Beach" that costs $300 in resort credits, but it's in the sand. Frankly, I'd prefer the free one. The service was great, staff very friendly, and they remember you! You don't have to tip, BUT we did because they deserved it. One of my favorite things was the bar IN the pool. The pool is huge and is one of those infinity type pools and there is a bar at the end of it. You just ask for whatever you want, and they make it for you, and seem happy to do so. You can drink IN the pool. You can also order food if you're a sun worshipper and don't feel like getting up. They'll bring it to you. The halls smell like lavender...it's a very relaxing place to be. I can't wait to go back, whenever that is! I highly recommend SUN PALACE!

Room Tip: You can see the ocean from all the rooms, just maybe not as much as another one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple