“Destination Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Palace

You added Sun Palace to your Saves list
Sun Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 20 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #4 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
lansing
“Destination Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My daughter and her fiance were married here in Feb. 1, 2013. My entire stay was delightful! The staff is so thoughtful, courteous, and welcoming! The rooms were spacious and impeccably clean. Service was swift...food was first rate! I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Your very kind words have a special meaning for me today, as I've had to deal with some very difficult issues

It is a breath of fresh air to know that we did good by your daughters' marriage. We know all that this venue enttails and are always extremely happy to know that we've been successful in making your memories special.

I hope that you will return soon and look forward to another opportunity of serving you.

Most cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cancun, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our first time to Cancun. The staff, everyone is very friendly who take care of you. The front desks not very friendly, just down to business. If you are there for a vacation avoid the guest relation desk. They just want to take you on a 90 minutes presentation and will offer you resort money which is limited to where you can purchase things. We were there for, sun and fun. The entertainment guys, Juavier, Eddy, Jose were great. Entertainment is limited to one show at night and game during the day. As far the condition of the hotel. It is clean, but it is in need of some upkeep. Things are worn. If you look at the other hotels in the area it's not that bad. Food, is good. Not Great. Do Have the coffee in the Itailian Rest.or Lounge. They put on a little fire show and it taste great. We will go back to the area.

Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went for a 7 days getaway for my 40th birthday. It was so relaxing and wonderful, the staff was always so helpful and so polite!! We never wanted for a thing. Food was always excellent and good variety . We will go back hopefully next year and check out some of the other Palace resorts. We did take advantage of the hot stone massage......AMAZING!!!! Can't wait to return!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a jr suite , may upgrade next time to the concierge level for a few more perks, would r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Definitely music to my ears!

I am very pleased to have been able to host this important date for you and more so to have been the conduct for a great sojourn. It is our guests' disposition that really makes their vacation. We are just the luck y ones who share our little paradise with beautiful people.

Thank you very much for your very kind review and hope to see you soon.

Best regards,
Jersey City, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sun Palace as our honeymoon spot. We chose to stay here for 3 out of the 5 nights we were in Cancun. It was our first time in Cancun and our first time at an all-inclusive hotel. It was simply an amazing experience. The service was excellent, the amenities were amazing, and we loved that it was adults only (sorry kids...). The food was pretty good and the drinks were yummy. There is absolutely nothing I could possibly complain about, just perfect!
Some tips: I recommend using your resort credit to upgrade your room. We upgraded to the Concierge level. You get a few nice perks for upgrading, such as having a Jacuzzi in your room, better "alcohol" in the fridge, and a nice romantic dinner by the beach. For those who want to venture out for some outdoor activities, there are quite a few tours you can use your points on. Unfortunately, you can't use the credit for places like Xel-ha or Xcaret. Or for those who want to simply relax and stay in, the Spa there is absolutely heavenly. In the end, you end up having a lot of the credit leftover, so use them while you can especially for those who have $1500 or more.

Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

After a two year break from going to Sun Palace, we were so excited to be back the week of the 27th of January 2013...only to be horribly disappointed in our trip. It started at check in when our room was not ready when we arrived at 1230pm...which was fine, as it was before the check in time. So the front desk recommended we talk to one of the 'guest service' desk persons...oh what a mistake. We had Janet, who simply couldn't get it through her head all we needed her for was to book our three rounds of golf we wanted to play...Instead after lying to us about free upgrades to the Concierge floor, and how we needed to go to the 90 minute presentation at Moon and that we didn't have to bring anything....and then at the end of her lying she told us there was a lottery that if we gave them our ID and Credit Card we could enter...Well fine print said it was necessary for the certificate for our round of golf, needless to say we canceled the seminar as soon as we got to the room and read the fine print.

Then the next issue was with our room. You originally put us in 102, which on my reservation stated it was a NON smoking floor, to find out it was smoking. So you moved us to a horrid room 500...It had the jacuzzi outside, no chairs or tables in the room and smelt of rotten trash. The did move us to 202, which they kept on insisting it was a room upgrade...but funny how our reservation said floors one and two...so room 102 was okay and room 202 was some type of upgraded room...oh and to top it off, we loved listening to your maintenance crews sawing and pounding away above the Chinese restaurant starting around 630am.

The food was horrid this time (except the Italian place). I had to have two bowls of soup my first night there because the duck dish at the Mexican restaurant was covered in this disgusting sauce...at the Chinese place I ordered a simple meat dish and it came out so salty, I think the fish in the sea would spit it out. Then, FINALLY we went to the steak place...well there were only 2 cuts of steak, a top sirloin and a skirt steak...oh how cheap you are. They were likely not even 4 ounces and cut so thin, it wasn't wroth my digestive power to eat them. Also, breakfast was mediocre and so was room service. What happened to your eggs Benedict and fired eggs racheros....CHEAP again.

To top it off, we had issues with our TV starting our third night. We thought it was the remote, but found if we unplugged the TV and plugged it back in again it worked fine. Well on the last night, the TV didn't work at all. Only two channels broadcasted, and if we wanted to change channels we had to unplug the TV each time. We did call the front desk and they sent someone up...well I was just glad the TV didn't work at all for him after he spent a half hour reprogramming it. So, they did the proper thing and brought us a TV, but never set it to the HD settings and we were not too happy about it, as we typically love to sit and enjoy a few movies the night before we depart.

So the person who responded to my first comment about us looking forward to coming back, and how great changes had happened over the last few months...I laugh at your comments...and I did contact you with our reservation number...never got an email, recognition for being a return customer, as you promised. All we received was misery and frustration.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I claim full responsibility for not having followed through and at this point can only to tell you I am very sorry you were so disenchanted with my resort.

The terrible onus is that I cannot bring time back to correct the mistakes made and am certainly in no moral position to promise anything.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Incredible!!!! The food was outstanding!!!! The employees were friendly and professional!!!! We are going back in June!!! I've been to cancun 5 times.... And stayed at 5 different places.... This is by far the best and will return to this resort and this resort only!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Oh my God!! You have no idea how happy you've made me.

It is so precious to me to know that you are satisfied and call my little Sun Palace the best place yet. It couldn't have come at a better time!! It has been quite a week.

Anyway...Thank you and please let me know when you've made the June reservation. I want to make your stay just as good or even better.

Happiest regards,
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Everything was perfect have no complaints. Service and staff were top notch. Did learn if you have give tips your service is stepped up a notch. Really enjoyed the Italian restaurant and make sure you order the flaming coffee (can't remember the actual name). Also, was very impressed the beach and the ocean. We did go scuba diving and swam with dolphins, which I would highly recommend.

Traveled with now husband in June of 2009

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
June is a usually beautiful month to come. Albeit hot. And being an adults only all inclusive you needen't worry about big families with kids.

Your review is not only very complimentary but also tells me you are made for Cancun. You like the ocean and ocean life...well, there's lots of that here. And my staff is a bunch of very friendly kids. They really are.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I hope to see you again this June.

Best regards,

Been to Sun Palace? Share your experiences!