“Wonderful and pleasant vacation!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Palace

You added Sun Palace to your Saves list
Sun Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 20 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cinco de Mayo 40% Off
Ranked #5 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful and pleasant vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I just spent our 22nd wedding anniversary here and we had a wonderful time. The staff is great! They are very friendly and always available when you need them. The resort is clean, bright, and just an all around lovely place to stay. The food was great. I loved the dinner on the beach. The beach and pools are clean and you can't beat the weather. I can't wait to return sametime next year.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for entrusting your anniversary to us! And thank you for enjoying what we offer.

It is our pleasure and honor to be singled out as hosts for such special occasions as anniversaries and in general, to celebrate the joys of living.

I got a kick out of your comment about the weather. When one lives in paradise, as I do, one tends to forget there are such places where weather can be rather inclement or at least indusive to want a change now and then. We do live in a priviliged environement and are very happy to share.

I am very greatful to have been reminded to count my blessings of which a very imortant part is comprised by my very engaging guests.

Please recieve my best sentiments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We are time share owners so we enjoy the perks and upgrades. The accomodations are good. We really appreciate the all adult
atmosphere. Cudos to the staff. They really make the difference. Arturo, George, Luis, Thomas,Shelia, Karina. Jose and Jose who kept us happily entertained in the Loby Bar.
Thanks to all.

• Stayed December 2012
I don't know if many understand what it means to be an owner at the Palaces. As you well mention, there are perks but what I more often find is that by virtue of repeated trips to our resorts you become part of the family. You know where you are going and what to expect. Your expectations are then usually met. You return to a place that feels more like home than just another resort. It is not at all unusual for owners to get warm and sincere hugs, kisses and hearty welcomes from the staff the minute they enter the door. It makes the experience so special! As far as I am concerned, this is priceless and it must be for my guests too, because they keep coming back for more. It is not the edifice, oftentimes not even food and drink...I guess it must be human warmth.

I can't even think of ways to thank you for this.
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This week “Thanksgiving” is to recharge my batteries before the winter sets in, in Chicago. I find a lounger at the quite pool, a book and put my feet up and sit in the shade for a week. I still get sun burned with the water reflection. The adult couples-only concept is a big reason we came to pick this resort the first time, and why we keep coming here. The staff is another big plus for us. They remember our faces as returning customers, and our names after introductions.
The SERVICE is 2nd to none. There must be a SOP of “The Customer is King” here. I never heard the word No in my time here. The words “Is My Pleasure” rolled off there tong’s, and they mean it !!
Every employee had a smile, and a greeting towards me. From the Hotel personal, Maids, Restaurant & Pool Servers, Maintenance Crew to the Life Guard, I did not see one person with their hands in their pockets mulling around or on their smartphone. They all were on a mission to make this property the BEST.
The restaurant’s food had a large selection and was always freshly prepared, from the buffet, grill or menu order. Every selection I had, I enjoyed. I liked some things better than others, but that is personal taste. The Thanksgiving Dinner was over the top. All the things that I would have had back home, and then some. I think that all but a hand full or two of people in the resort didn’t have dinner there that night. A line out the door, for three hours. A great job done by all !!
The Management Team was out and engaging with their customers. At other Resorts that we have been to, we couldn’t find a member of management. Here they seek you out and ask you of your experiences.
This is a Resort that I love. I think that you will love it too.

Room Tip: 8th Floor is SMOKING!! Almost all rooms are water view. Higher is better.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
And this place loves you right back and thanks you profusely for the kindness and goodwill you've displayed over the past few years by returning every Thanksgiving and bringing our secret Special Chef.

As you will see, this dinner was an enormous success, mainly because of the love and care bestowed on us by your better half. She is amazing and the staff loves to work with her for this such special ocassion.

I cannot say enough. I wish many more customers were here to enjoy this venue. It was Thanksgiving without the grind of cooking, serving and washing for all our guests. What a better way to enjoy this feast?

Love to both of you,
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

From the moment you arrive you are greeted and treated like a wonderful guest. We have stayed at the Beach Palace, Cancun Palace & Puerta Vallarta Palace and the Sun Palace holds many wonderful memories. The entertainment is always fun from the Fire dancers, to magicians and mentalist. We love the live music playing during dinner. The food is very good and we could see that this was important to the hotel. Our room and views were beautiful. The entire staff helped to make our vaction a great one. We would recommend the Sun Palace to our friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind words.

The satisfaction of our guests is paramount to us. I am thrilled that you found our food good. We have really worked hard at streamlining and perfecting our menus. Being an adults only resort we know that our patrons are counting on a good culinary experience to round their vacation enjoyment.

And, yes, I agree. The rooms are beautiful and with spectacular views. Your recommendations and returns are what keeps us in business.

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Upon arriving at the resorts transportation service at the airport the pampering begins... Friendly driver. Greeted at the hotel with a chrysanthemum, national flower and a refreshing moist cool towel. At the check in desk we were served fresh water and lemon as the bell men took our bags up to the room. Check in was a breeze, maybe took five minutes.
Our room was on the 8th floor. Views are amazing due to all of the windows. Room was inviting with a great view of both the bay and the ocean. Mini bar stocked and a bottle of wine set out for you.
Restaurants service is exceptional. No one from desk staff to cleaning crew passes you without a genuine smile and an hola! Food at the Italian and Thai restaurants leave something to be desired but I'm from NY so I have experienced some of the best. The Mexican however was top notch!
Use all of your resort credits, we tried and just ran outta time. We use ours on; Explor (awesome), Coba (awesome), jungle tour (awesome), couples massage (a must), dolphin swim(awesome), tequila package, cigar package, jewelry credits & spa product package.
Overall this was our first all inclusive resort and I don't wanna travel any other way. This place is hard to beat!

• Stayed December 2012
Very engaging title!

Your review leaves me with the feeling that you enjoyed your sojourn fully. That is the gist to our existence. Any guest that leaves our resort satisfied is another beacon that illuminates our way.

Thank you so much for your kind visit and for your very valuable comments.

We hope to see you back in the very near future.

Best regards,
Bainsville, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Sun Palace is very unique as it is for couples only. We make a point of going there at least once a year. You are met at the entrance by the most outgoing staff. They know how to make you feel at home and relax you immediately, they just have that touch .They have a great outdoor restaurant overlooking the ocean where they will grill what ever your request is. You will also find a great Italian restaurant with a very cozy setting.
The rooms we have stated in are great with a super view of the ocean.
You want to decompress and relax we would highly suggest visiting.

Room Tip: we recommend the rooms facing East
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I found your line about "decompress and relax" very unique. Have never seen my resort as a "decompressor" but it is a fabulous way of describing what Sun Palace can do for its guests.

Very indebted for your gorgeous description. I hope to be able to always be within your favourites.

Warmest greetings,
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was suggested this place by a family member for our honeymoon. It went above and beyond our expectations! Incredibly nice and helpful staff around every corner. Also visited the Beach and Moon Palace; and after being at each place only a short time, we realized the couples/adults only part of the Sun Palace made a world of difference to our pleasure with the stay! Would visit again in a heart beat...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sun Palace is, even if I say so myself, a tremendous place to honeymoon. We are set up to be unobtrusive, which is what we think most newlyweds want after the hectic days that preceed this grand event.

While being very much in the hotel zone of Cancun, with easy access to most expriences to be had in this part of the world, our couples only atmosphere avails space and time for one another. Yet, at the same time, if your inclination is for fun and games we do provide them constantly.

Many of our honeymooners come back year after year for their anniversary. I hope you will to.

With best wishes,

Been to Sun Palace? Share your experiences!