“Simply Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Cancun to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Iberostar Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 17, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Pottstown
“Simply Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Iberostar Cancun is paradise! They anticipate your every need even before you do. The staff is very pleasant and accomodating! The hotel is clean. Our room had fresh sheets and fresh towels everyday. The food is superb! Check in and check out went smoothly. There are only good things to say. The resort was magnificent!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest

We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience at our hotel.

Thank you for highlighting our rooms, food and our staff. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel facilities as well as the night entertainment.

It was a pleasure to attend you. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

1,854 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited the hotel from 9th of May for 2 weeks and we enjoyed every minute of our stay at the hotel. I am surprised to read one of the previous reviews, it is obvious some people's expectations can never be met.

I would break my review down into sections but I don't want to bore everybody! I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody. The staff are very polite and caring to all guests, remembering who you are and making you very welcome.

We had a balcony room and yes, the last review is rit, the rooms are at an angle. I'm more than happy to turn my head to look at the sea or the beach, that is what my neck is for. Also, looking straight ahead gives you a sea view, as that what the room is. A SEA VIEW ROOM.

Food was very good at the buffet restaurant and I noticed kitchen staff were regularly filling up and replacing empty dishes. We also ate at the Mexican restaurant which has a great selection of traditional Mexican dishes.

Pool service was also great. There is a snack bar that serves food from 11am til 6pm, which has a bar. There is also the pool bar and a beach bar. The pool bar is slightly busy as it gives shade in the pool from the sun and is constantly on the go so there are another 2 bars to choose from. For 1 or 2 waitresses to serve so many guests through out the day can seem like a lot so it would probably be POLITE and COURTIOUS of guests to walk the 5 metres or so the the nearest bar and GET A DRINK THEMSELVES.

There were a lot of Americans at the hotel whilst we were there. While the older couples were great to talk to, some of the younger Americans were rude and careless towards other guests and staff. We were sunbathing on the beach one day and narrowly missed being a target of a 'football' (rugby ball) that was doing some speed. Luckily it hit the shade post. They were throwing the ball close to sunbathers and after it happened all we got was a stare and 'well, sorry then'

But, regardless of that, I would definatley stay here again. I'm sure I've missed some information out so please feel free to message me with any questions

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your amazing comments with us.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and we also thank you for pointing out the stronger features within the hotel so that we can continue to strive for excellence.

We are so happy to know the room you had was up to your expectations. We will make sure to share your comments with all the involved departments.

We look forward to having you back again very soon here at Iberostar Cancun!!

Kind regards,

Pikeville, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hotel and amenities were great, food delicious. Great place to go if you're traveling with kids because there's a kiddie pool, kid room, teen club (though I never saw the teen club), and still have a great time as an adult. My husband and I were in Cancun 6 mos ago as well and stayed at the Live Aqua, adults only resort; this past time we went with our teenaged son (he esp liked the game room with huge pool table). Overall, Iberostar Cancun was very nice and beautiful and while the service was great, it can't compare to the "personal catering" level of service we got from the staff at Live Aqua.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we want thank you for the time you took to write about your stay at Iberostar Cancun.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the restaurants were up to your expectations.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future as it would be pleasure to attend you.

Kind regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

OK, I have to start this review with some info on myself: I am the type of person who travels to be with average local people and see a place not as a tourist. So resorts such as this do not appeal. In fact, a lot of Cancun makes me gag and the shopping malls along the hotel strip appear to be simply places to throw away money on a $50 US cotton panty. (but with a designer label made in Bangladesh).
Nevertheless, I was invited by friends staying here to visit for the day. For $60 US you get unlimited food and drink plus the hotel amenities from 9 till 6. I found the buffet good enough, but can see where it might get repetitive. The spa is lovely, the staff very nice. The swim up bar popular (and I don't even drink). The lobby elegant. I can see why people love staying here, even if the room rates appears to me to be overpriced. Cigarette butts on the beach in front of the hotel were not nice. Don't take a room by the pools, they can get rowdy with all that drinking.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed May,18-May 23 and was not impressed here is why!

1. Hotel says it opened in 2011 not the case it was the Hilton before and bought by Iberostar rooms had that old musty hotel smell

2.Not worth getting a balcony room because the rooms are at a angle to the ocean which is very annoying you have to look right or left depending what side your on while the people with no balcony have a straight view of the ocean starting to see why the Hilton got out of this property

3.Pool/Pool Service the problem with the pool is there is only 20 or so good spots with the tiki umbrella and table and people put there towels on them early in the morning and will hog them all day and never be in the chair so you will sun burn for sure because shady spots are limited at best and you will probably end up by the kids pool
Pool service was horrible we were at the pool chairs for 8 hours on 5/22/13 and got asked for drinks 2 times in 8 hours not a lie and on other days they were better but ok at best

4.Drinks No doubt alcohol is watered down you got to ask for a double to put in your drink and your lucky to end up with a single annoying

5. Restaurants Buffet was limited and very repetitive the food that was edible was always out while no one but out new food I had to tell someone a dish was empty 3 of the 5 days we stayed and one day the guacamole was empty I asked told a server he walked in to the buffet room to act like he was taking care of it and walked out the other door to the dining room to joke with the other servers just saying doesn't sound like a 5 star resort to me

So you have to make reservations to the Steak house,Japanese restaurant etc. a day in advanced and you cant make more than one or so we were told by the staff so every morning we had to stop by the desk to make reservations for the next day instead of making them all at once.

STEAK HOUSE, HORRIBLE when you here steak house you think cant wait wow are you in for a surprise I had the sirloin/fillet and it was the worst cut/tasting piece of meat I've ever had no fatty just plain bad my wife asked for a wine they tried to sell her bottle at a ALL INCLUSIVE resort they have two free options but they are horrible if want a low tier wine its extra

Japanese hibachi grill, if don't believe my review I suggest this restaurant every night they got this one right the Mexicans that cook on the grill in front of you are very good this is the best food in the resort and you get sushi and tempura veggies my belly was happy I got in this one twice in 5 nights
We heard from numerous other people that the other restaurants were horrible so we didn't even try them

6.Beaches red flags the entire trip with one yellow so I thought I would be able to chill in the water yeah right rough waves I got in for 5 minutes and felt like a crash test dummy no snorkeling or swimming good news for a 120 dollars you can go on a excursion and do all this
And you cant walk on the beach because you will step on sea shells and rocks because the resort don't rake the sand I see why the HILTON SOLD THIS

7.Hotel staff/Extras the waiters you could tell are overworked and don't want to be there and there service shows it
So you think a Massage extra would be reasonably priced nope it was over 120 dollars for 30 min and the hotel sells you excursions at inflated prices

8.SHOWS/STARS STAFF stars staff really was good they work allday doing pool activities and do 9:20 pm show. Shows were ok in a half packed auditorium where people were walking out during every show except the magic show which was very good

Overall I wished I would have done more research on this resort but fell for the APPLE VACATIONS 6 STARS not thinking they were getting a kick back on bookings all I can say is BUYER BEWARE

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Iberostar Cancun Resort, we appreciate the time you took to write this detailed review.

We are sorry for all the inconveniences you described on your review. Your feedback will be passed on to all the involved departments for us to start working on all the points you mentioned.

We also thank you for pointing out the stronger features within the hotel so that we can continue to strive for excellence.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future to demonstrate our improvements.

Saludos,

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Iberostar Cancun from May 12th-19th to celebrate our honeymoon. The hotel is maintained excellently. The grounds, pools, restaurants, rooms, and bars are immaculate at all times. The staff is friendly, especially the entertainment group that calls themselves "Star Friends."
Our flight arrived at 10AM and we were at the hotel by 10:45AM. Check-In is not until 3PM and our “Standard Room with an Ocean View and Balcony” was not ready. While waiting for the room to become available, we changed our clothes in the SPA and left our luggage with the hotel bellman. We got in the pool, walked on the beach, and enjoyed many refreshing cocktails. Ultimately, the time we waited for Check-In was not a true "wait" at all. However, at 2PM we were notified by the hotel receptionist that because we had to wait, we were given a free room upgrade to a VIlla. We were thrilled!
The food is not as great as I had hoped. There is a lot of ethnic variety, but the buffets have no variety from day to day. It also seemed that any food that was left over from the lunch buffet was served at the dinner buffet. The Hibachi Restaurant is delicious. The Steak House Restaurant is mediocre, and the Mexican Restaurant is decent, but I got 24 hour food poisoning after eating it. I was not the only guest that this happened to; we talked to other couples who experienced the same thing. We did not go to the French Restaurant. The "Carrie Lunch Patio” was the absolute best, although they only serve hotdogs, hamburgers, and French fries. It is located conveniently by the pools, quick, and very clean. Bathing suits are permitted, and shoes aren't required, which is nice.
The beach is beautiful! The sand is gorgeous white and the water crystal blue. No rocks to worry about and there is always plenty of seating, with or without shade. The waitresses on the beach who are fetching drinks aren't the best - many times we would order a cocktail and not see the girl again. Maybe we weren't tipping well enough? It was never a real problem though because the beachside bar is only a few feet away.
My husband and I finally got a massage on our last day. (we had to cancel it one day due to the food poisoning.) It was a couple’s massage right on the beach. It was a good massage but not worth what it cost. However, if you have extra money to spend, I recommend it.
Overall, the resort was amazing and we had a great time. Friendly, adult atmosphere although it is not an adults only resort. I would recommend this resort to any and everyone and we plan to come back on our anniversary!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Returned from Iberostar Cancun on May 4th. Overall a good experience, but found the resort quite small in comparison to others we've stayed at. The food was just ok. The buffet seemed very limited and repetetive. Daniel, Diageo, Sunday, Jesus and Paula....the BEST entertainment staff I've ever come across. They went over and above and by the end of the trip they felt like family...especially Daniel. Miss them all! The grounds and rooms are very clean, however food trays were left outside doors in our hallway for over 24 hours in some cases (3rd floor). Views from the room were terrific. The Japanese restaurant was nice. Not only good food but also good entertainment. Good job! The beach was stunningly beautiful with the most blue/turquoise water and beautiful white sand,however red flags up for 5 of the 7 days we stayed. Never had to search for chairs at the beach or pool, which was nice. Oh and most importantly, I am now hooked on Dos Equis dark beer!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Iberostar Cancun? Share your experiences!