“Great resort!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Cancun

You added Iberostar Cancun to your Saves list
Iberostar Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 17, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Iberostar Cancun. We have done 5 all inclusive trips before and this resort ranks towards the top. We did a 6 apple square deal and are pleased this is the resort that was selected. Check in was easy and we were greeted with a fruity drink. Our room overlooked the ocean and pool. Everything on the resort was so close together. We thought the food was good. My husband liked that they had captain morgan! This is some of the best service we have ever received....especially Luis and Celeste! The only reason we did not give this resort an excellent rating is because they only had 4 restaurants and we could not get a reservation every night. I will highly recommend this resort to our family and friends!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to know that you had a great time with us and our entertainment staff at Iberostar Cancun Golf and Spa Resort.

We hope this experience is just one of many you will have for many years to come. Thank you again and come back soon to visit us, it will be a pleasure to make your vacation another great memory to remember.

Iberostar Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Evergem, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very nice hotel in the touristy area of Mexico! Found amongst all the big hotels is this rather big hotel. We stayed in the seperate little houses (which seemed cosier then the big building). The pool is big and tranquil. The beach is wild but beautiful. And Mexico is a wonderous country!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for this nice review, your comment just made us smile, definitely we work all together to give our valuable guest the best vacation at Iberostar Cancun.

We feel so glad to know that you enjoyed all the facilities, we would love to welcome you soon, we assure you that will be an experience more relaxing from the check in through the day you leave.

Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We took an all girls trip here. My first time to an all inclusive resort and we stayed at Iberostar Cancun from January 7-12, 2013. It was better than I could've imagined. We had a great Ocenview room and a clear view of pool area and ocean, eventhough we were only on the 1st floor of the rooms which is technically 3 floors up the view from our french balcony was amazing!

The food was good not great. Not bad by any means but I've definately had better at other resorts. The buffet had a lot of different choices. I liked the LaHorma gourmet restaurant the best because it's something I can't get where I live. I wasn't very impressed by any of the other restaurants. The Mexican restaurant was a very fun environment. This being said, I ate a ton more than I normally do and definately didn't starve. The wait staff was absolutely WONDERFUL!

Star friends were very entertaining. Jesus, Sunday, Sandra, Francisco, and Arturo worked very hard to make sure we had a great trip. Lots of activities offered during the day and a great themed show each night.

Hugo the bartender at the pool bar was amazing. I'm not picky so I would just tell him to make me something good and I got all kinds of wonderful drinks. People were coming up to me asking me what I was drinking because they looked so good! Pool bar was not packed and was very easy to get drinks whenever I wanted. Not crazy busy like other resorts and the service was great!

As far as the tipping goes. I tipped some of the time for meals, drinks, etc, not every time. I never got the feeling that any of the staff ever expected a tip and was given the same service either way. I usually took a 5 or 10 to Hugo at the end of day and tipped 1-2 for most meals.

My only complaint about the entire trip was that our room temperature was very sparatic. I'm not usually a person who is sensative to small temperature changes and it was uncomfortable for me. It got very hot during the day and was very hot when trying to fall asleep. We would then wake up because it was too cold then too hot on and on. I was probably up 7 times during the night. This is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. We weren't in the room that much during the day so it wasn't as big of a deal during that time.

Overall we had a great time. I will definately stay at this resort in the future. When I was there I kept thinking that I wanted to bring my whole family the next time. I think it's a wonderful resort for families as well as a trip with friends. A very relaxing and beautiful time! I will be back.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor of rooms and still had a great view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write this post, nothing makes us feel better than knowing our guests left the property with wonderful memories!

We are glad that you enjoyed the room, facilities and experiences shared with our staff as they are always motivating our guest trips. We are very sorry that you had a bad night due to the room temperature, we wish we had known to verify the problem and avoid you staying up at night, our rooms have an intelligent system to turn the A/C ; however we will consider your comment for future guests.

Once again, thank you for your review; we would be delighted to welcome you back again!

North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We recently stayed at Iberostar over New Years (Dec 26- Jan 1, 2013). Everything was great, from the time we checked in, to the time we left. We had an amazing view of the pool (which is huge) from the third floor. I commend the Iberostar Hotels "Star Friends" for always trying their hardest to make sure everyone is having a good time and to try to include everyone in activites (here are a few: sand and water volleyball, water aerobics, basketball, snorkeling lessons, "football", dance lessons, shooting, archery, darts, pool etc etc). The food was excellent, the drinks were good. The hotel was very clean. You can do nothing or do everything here. The shows are good, and some pretty funny, which audience members can also participate in. Our safe didn't open on our arrival but within a few minutes someone was there to fix it. Every staff member was polite, and some even took a few minutes to sit and chat. When I read the reviews I really do not understand what people are talking about, unless they are the type that are negative and look for anything wrong. We had no problems with lines for food, reservations or towels. The staff always went out of their way, from bringing us massive amounts of popcorn in the lobby bar, to putting a different channel on for us in the sports bar. We left a note in our mini fridge with what beverages we wanted (we don't drink sugar pop), and every day we got exactly what we wanted. The grounds are super tidy and very pretty. My husband and I traveled with two of our children, ages 12 and 15, who also had a super fun time. We travel many many times a year and have stayed about everywhere (usually 4 and 5 star hotels) and I suggest not looking at the negative reviews on this hotel. I did not rank a 5 star because to me nothing is "perfect". They did a very nice job New Years Eve from the balloons at the pool, the dinner, the show and balloon drop at midnight. The star friends must never get to sleep = ) and still stay happy and motivated. The "only" major thing I would say is this--they need to get some more chairs by the pool, as they are "taken" pretty much by 9-10am, and there is plenty of room for more. I would go back. Never went to spa so can't rate that.

Room Tip: I liked being on the 3rd floor facing pool because the view was great and there wasn't hardly a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending such a wonderful review, we are glad to know you had a great time at the hotel especially for a special occasion such as New Years time.

Our main interest is to create memorable moments for our guests; every member of our staff always does their best to accomplish lots of smiles and achieve an excellent service. Thank you for your recommendation about the pool chairs, we will pass it on to management to take into account.

We hope you have found a new "home away from home" and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!!

Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been a meeting planner for over 20 years and have used a number of properties in Cancun including this hotels when it was the Caesar Park and the Hilton. What Iberostar has done has taken the best of what was the EP plan and fused in the best all inclusive plan without overlooking the needs of a serious meeting planner! Fernando and his staff are great and Ismael Ayala Perez could not have been better. His attention to detail and his work effort far exceed ANY hotel in the area. Its great that Iberostar does not lose the Mexican charm and hospitality the locals bring to their work. Most European owners would bring in their own people and in my experience that never works. Kudos to this hotel for it's direction and leadership in the market!

Thomas Spagnoletti
President/CEO
Exceed Travel

Room Tip: If you can do it...Go for the Jr. Suite! Great value! Always tip the wait staff...All inclusive does...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Spagnoletti,

Thank you for sharing your review of Iberostar Cancun. We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic service for you.

We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and by anticipating our guests' needs and desires, so it is wonderful to know that we made a difference. We will congratulate Ismael for his good job.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and be able to offer you our hospitality again.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was my second time at Iberostar cancun, i cant even begin to explain how amazing this resort is. I have been to many all inclusive resorts and this one has been the best by far. First of all the entertainment staff is nothing but amazing, very friendly, caring, fun, outgoing people. We went out to the club with Victor who was so helpful in many many ways, and showed us a good time, he was a blast!! The shows are also very good!! Me and my friends will deff be going back next january!

Room Tip: ask for a room over looking the pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to know that you had a great time here with us and our entertainment staff at Iberostar Cancun Golf and Spa Resort. Thank you so much for your review and for your loyalty!

We hope this experience with us is just one of many you will have for many years to come.

Thank you again and come back soon to visit us it will be a pleasure to make your vacation another great memory to remember.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When we arrive at the hotel we were greeted with tropical drinks and friendly smiles. Every member of the staff was fantastic. I asked if they could find me a tennis instructor to get a lesson. They made some calls and about 24 hrs later i was on the court playing. Food was amazing and the pool activies were plenty. Their entertainers worked day and night to do just that. GREAT JOB. Gift shop and Spa were expensive.

Room Tip: next time we plan to stay at the villas. Much closer to the beach. But our ocean view room was great...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Friend,

We would like to thank you for your review and for mentioning the service from our staff. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your tennis lesson, our delicious food, the activities organized by the star friends and most importantly, the fact that you had an unforgettable vacation!

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back at Iberostar Cancun.