“great beach - good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort

You added Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort to your Saves list
Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 7.5 | Quintana Roo, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
South Africa
“great beach - good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Was at the resort for a wedding. Was overall very pleasant. The best thing was the beach - really nice - the beach loungers were unfortunately incredibly uncomfortable. the beach food was lovely and the service great - as was the pool - and very nice to have an adult pool as an option. The rooms were a good size. the reception struggled to get credit cards to work which was annoying and not a problem we experienced anywhere else with the same cards in cancun during our stay.

Room Tip: face the pool and sea
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
aust
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We absolutely loved our 4 night stay here in July 2014.

ROOM- We had a ocean view room with a massive king size bed, in a huge room. The view was breathtaking and we enjoyed waking up to it every morning. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. Ladies, there is a full length mirror, makeup mirror and good lighting for makeup application. Two complimentary water bottles are meant to be given each day. Some days we received ours, others we didn't, so keep an eye out for that.

BATHROOM- decent size counter space with a makeup mirror. I didn't like how there wasn't complete privacy in the bathroom. The door is frosted glass, but you can still see your shadow, there is also cracks in the door where it opens and shuts so you can see through. There is also wooden plantation blinds which you can pull over the shower to give privacy from the room.

ROOM SERVICE- I've never enjoyed having room service this much in a hotel before. We LOVED the hotel food, normally I'm anti eating at hotel restaurants. The menu was extensive, good value and food tasted so good. The mayonnaise that comes with the fries tastes amazing! The room service wait was always 30 to 40 mins.

SPA- I didn't see a Spa or even see any mention of a spa during our stay. I really wish the hotel had one as I feel it would have just made my stay! There was a little beach hut for massages, but I prefer a spa with privacy.

CLEANLINESS- We were happy with our room and overall upkeep of the hotel. In particular the pool area and beach.

STAFF- Very happy, kind and helpful except front desk staff. Always saying hello and assisting us. Maria at the towel stand was just lovely and Fredi the bellboy was one of the best bell boy's I have ever come across.
I found the front desk staff a bit annoying at times. They were very slow and quite often I would be standing at the front desk, waiting for someone to assist me, only to be ignored by staff. Front desk staff need to also have a better knowledge of things, we asked for a currency exchange place that would do AUD to Peso and were told to go to the Plaza currency exchange. Only to find out the currency exchange didn't even exist there anymore and had closed down a long time ago.

LOCATION- Right in the hotel zone with a bus stop right outside the hotel. There wasn't really any restaurants/places to go. Id recommend eating at the hotel or visiting another hotel/eating down town etc. There is several 7/11 type stores around.

INTERNET- there is free wifi for IHG members. If you aren't one, sign up before the trip so you get free wifi, otherwise its quite expensive to pay for it. There is a business centre with a printer which we used a few times as the wifi was often dropping out.

POOL/BEACH- There are two pools, a big one and a smaller adult pool. We only used the adult pool as it was mostly empty. The temperature of the pool was very warm which wasn't always enjoyable. The beach was fantastic, VERY clean with lots of chairs and umbrella's available. There is also an activities area where you can rent jet ski's, go parasailing, kayak etc.

We will definitely be back here next time we come to Cancun, this time though for a longer stay!

Room Tip: Sign up for IHG rewards program to get free wifi
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Some issues with booking due to points but overall the trip was a success for our family of 6. Alejandro Noriega, Jimy and Ernesto at the beach side bar provided excellent service and entertained well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Quiet hotel on beautiful, clean, relaxing and quiet beach. Very nice staff, Martin (outdoor waiter) and Manuel (barista) are especially friendly and helpful. Front desk staff are nice but do not really care about IHG members the way other IHG hotels do. Housekeeping is good. If there is a problem they will take care of it and make sure it stays to your satisfaction. Entire staff genuinely friendly and hospitable. Security seems to be okay but could be better. Food could be better. Prices not too expensive. Hotel could use an outdoor facelift but rooms are nice and lobby is beautiful and relaxing. They need to do something about the pool. Water is about 85 degrees f. Locals come on weekends and can crowd the beach and pool but that happens everywhere. Smokers all over the place and they are rude. Will smoke anywhere without consideration. Hotel has non smoking rooms but smokers do not care about that. I reported the odor of cigarette smoke to security and mgmt every night but they did not respond. Overall good experience but might try another place next time in Cancun.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ATLANTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. I emailed ahead of time to request a dinner reservation on the beach. Adolfo confirmed with me (prior to my arrival) that the reservation was made. First impressions mean so much!

Upon arrival the gentleman that checked us in was very courteous. I also had the opportunity of meeting Adolfo during the check in process.

We loved our suite on the sixth floor and beach was amazing.

The GM introduced herself to me during the checkout process and was also very nice. She advised the hotel would be renovated and invited us back next year. My husband and I would love to return next spring/summer for a few days.

Room Tip: The sixth floor suite was a winner! Be sure to have dinner on the beach at the on-site restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was our second stay at this wonderful hotel. Rooms are super clean, the friendliest staff, specially:
Roberto Ucan and Javier from the restaurant at la playa, Sharim and
Fabian from Comedor Caribeño, Andres and Javier from the lobby bar and last but not least Susana from housekeeping.

There are 3 things we felt needs some attention...
Wifi (poor reception).
Entertainment..the hotel has the room by the lobby bar to have some music and a little dancing, this would make customers want to stay at the hotel and at the same time benefit the bar.

The customer service at the hotel needs to pay more attention. at customer's requests...my husband and I were waiting for friends to call us and let the receptionists know if there was an incoming call to our room to let us know (we were waiting in the lobby) our friends called 5 times and we were not notified. Other than that the hotel was great!!!

Stayed June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Only good things to say about the way this hotel is run. Great staff, nice rooms, good privileges/perks (should mention I'm part of the IHG with high status), nice property and sunbeds. If anything; the designated bathing area is too shallow. The water wIll only reach above your knees.
We only had three days here (two nights) but could happily have stayed longer.
Also free parking for your car.
Still I prefer other parts of Mexico to be vacationing but if I'm back in Cancun's hotel zone, I will return to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort? Share your experiences!