“Best Beach In Cancun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort

Save Saved
You added Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort to your Saves list
Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 7.5 | Quintana Roo, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Bridgton, Maine
“Best Beach In Cancun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

A luxury resort with spacious and clean modern rooms. There beach was fine white sand, lovely manicured grounds , beautiful pools one in a quiet zone . I stayed 2 nights as a Priority Club Rewards member. Received special treatment from friendly and helpful staff. They had good security. The only negative would be that it was very expensive to eat there. I walked or took the Hotel Zone bus for about 8 pesos to othere place to eat.

Room Tip: I was given a room with a Garden view which was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nathalie U, Gerente at Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing comments regarding our customer service. We are glad we exceeded your expectations and our staff went out of their way to assist you. We are thrilled you loved your stay and enjoyed all our amenities.

Please be our guest again.

Kind regards,

1,122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been to Riviera Maya twice and like the "travel by your self" experience better than the all inclusive one. I would consider staying in the hotel for 1-2 weeks if I had children, simply because everything is organized.

The plus side:

Great room, (standard double with garden view), nice pool area and direct access to a clean beach. Everything was clean and modern.

Central location with shopping, restaurants, night clubs etc nearby.

Fantastic breakfast with alot of choices.

The gym was also appriciated.

The down side:

Slow wifi - not included
A little bit rude reception staff
ATM only provides US dollars and the exchange office in the hotel has hilarious exchange rates
Some of the taxi drivers provided by the hotel tried to hustle us

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nathalie U, Gerente at Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Presidente InterContinental Cancun.

We would like to thank you for taking your time and post your comments on TripAdvisor; believe me your feedback is really appreciated.

I'm glad you enjoyed your room, our facilities and service; we have taken notes to pleasant your recommendations.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again in a near future.

Sincerely yours,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I loved the stay here. The room (king bed) was large and well laid out and our room had a great view too. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Breakfast is sumptous to say the least...if we were not looking at the beach we would probably have been at breakfast till lunch time! The beach is clean and well laid out with white sand (as white as it can be), a volleyball area, enough deck beds and the water is protected by a netting from the sea weed...so the water is crystal clear The pool is large and has 2 jacuzzis by the side. The restaurant is great for a dinner under the stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nathalie U, Gerente at Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very happy indeed to learn that you consider our beach as Heaven, in your recent stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Cancun.

Your detailed and amazing review encourages us to do our best efforts to make your next visit an unforgettable time.

Thank you kindly for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at Presidente for two nights. The beach area is the best that I have seen in Cancun. The sand is clean and soft. Other places had a seaweed problem. We ate lunch by the beautiful pool. They have a two for one drink happy hour every night at 6. We had dinner and drinks at the bar. The menu and drinks are reasonably priced. There is no need to pay the upgrade for the club level because you won't spend enough eating breakfast and drinking in the evening to make up the $110 per night up charge. Very friendly and helpful staff. The only thing we didn't like was that after we paid for a room upgrade we still had a room that overlooked another building's roof and the windows didn't open

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to learn of your very positive impressions after your stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Cancun. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I took a short trip to Cancun for a long weekend getaway. This is the first time I've stayed in Cancun; in the past I've stayed in resorts along Riviera Maya. Though this hotel is near the center of city the privacy of both the hotel and the beach don't feel like you're drowning in the touring hoards.

I liked this hotel because it was elegant but not garish; minimalist but not wanting; friendly but not solicitous. I ate almost all my meals at the hotel because the dining was better than the nearby restaurant chains. Visiting in mid-January there were fewer guests there so it was easy to breeze into a table, whether it was the beach deck, the indoor lobby bar, or the open air restaurant.

The facilities were kept immaculately. The hotel doors are made of cedar, I think. There was a rustic smell and feeling in the corridors which complemented the polished tile floors and chrome.

When I've traveled solo in Mexico invariably the male waiters, bellhops, taxi drivers, etc. ask where my husband or boyfriend is. Sometimes I don't know how to take the question: are they trying to determine if I'm alone and vulnerable for a shakedown? Are they traditionalist and think a woman shouldn't be taking a vacation alone? Or, are they finding out whether you would like some hospitable company to make your visit warmer. I've concluded it's the last option, and that's what it was like at the hotel and with the taxi drivers on this trip. They seemed to really care to welcome me to Cancun and Mexico. They helped me speak Spanish better. They recommended dishes that were local favorites but off the menu. They cracked jokes with me.

It was a vacation that felt like more than four days, and I'd call that a success.

Room Tip: Though I stayed in only one room I was pleased with it - Ocean view. You're not on the water but...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear about your excellent stay. We work hard to maintain our facilities and ensure service that will exceed our guest’s expectations. We take great pride in our restaurants & bars, we are delighted you had the chance experience them.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Thank you again for your review and hope you return to our hotel soon.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have stayed multiple times at this hotel and is always the best family spot in Cancun. The food is great, specially to have breakfast steps away from the beach is a special pleasure, because the casual restaurant is an open palapa on the beach. Rooms are nice and functional, but the beach, no doubt is the best for honeymooners, families or seniors. Simply walk in 60 yards into an ocean clear swimming pool with out any waves and no deeper than your waist.
Several fishes will pass along your way and just enjoy the great Caribbean view, after that the pool is also beautiful. Before leaving, have a tequila/margarita from the wide variety availablein the lobby bar. Luxury with a mexican touch.
Weak spot, check out usually is slow, the rest is fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for the classic mexican rooms, in my opinion they are nicer than the remodeled minimalist ones.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nathalie U, Gerente at Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Presidente InterContinental Cancun and for sharing your experience with us. It is our goal to continue in the tradition of providing exceptional value and service and I am very delighted to hear that we were successful by providing it to you and your family.

We look forward to welcome you back here at Presidente InterContinental soon.

Best Regards,

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

By far, InterContinental Presidente has the best beach in Cancun. The sand is soft, the beach is long. Friendly staff, like Roberto, wait on your every need. The sand goes gently into the sea, which is protected in this area from the harsh waves from the east. If your reason to go to Cancun is the beach, El Presidente is your place.

Beyond this, you will find great service. Adolfo, the concierge is a dream come true. He will get you to the best restaurants, shopping and outtrips. Sharim and Gregorio staff the 6th floor breakfast/dinner room serving nicest rooms. They are friendly and attentive. They have winning smiles and Sharim makes a fabulous Omelette.

I have led a 30-50 person conference here for six years and have found the team to be efficient, competent and friendly. There are not the distractions of an all-inclusive. Just a great time for you and your team. You will not regret your stay at Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun!

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are quieter. 5th floor suites are not worth the upgrade cost, but the 6th floor roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a great experience at Presidente InterContinental Cancun. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectation and we thank you for taking the time to share your story.

We are very glad about your comments concerning our team members as Sharim, Gregorio, Roberto and Adolfo, we will pass your good words to them which I am sure will give them motivation to deliver an even better service to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon at Presidente InterContinental Cancun.

Nathalie Urban

Been to Inter-Continental Presidente Cancun Resort? Share your experiences!