“Great family experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Wilmette, Illinois
“Great family experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My family spent the week here over Thanksgiving 2013. Our criteria: warm, non-stop flight, all-inclusive. This resort met all our expectations - having booked 9 months in advance, it had a lot to live up to. Getting through the airport was slightly confusing - know to walk straight through the craziness to the outside to meet the Club Med van. We stayed in the Jade building which was dated but clean. We had an adjoining room for our 12-year old triplets which had 3 twin beds, perfect. Food was excellent, activities were fulfilling and easy to get to. My kids did not do the kids club, but it looked fun and they probably would in the future. We stayed on the resort except for one scuba excision which was nicely arranged through the hotel. Snorkeling was so fun, wind-surfing, kayaking and water -skiing was the favorite. We saw one show in the evening, the Michael Jackson show, and it was fun to see the GOs who we've interacted with all day, be on stage in a totally different capacity. All in all, a great family-bonding trip, especially for the kids. we always felt safe. next time we'll bring our ping-pong paddles for this was wildly popular - especially among the French guests. Jade was well worth the added cost as well - it gave us an exclusive place with lots of places for sunbathing, and we loved it's location. Looking forward to seeing what all the new construction brings next year!

Room Tip: Request ocean view if staying in the Jade.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Korean first
Jupiter, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just returned from 5 days at this resort....It's definitely not the most luxurious place i've ever stayed but not the worst either. The resort is undergoing construction and if I were to return I would be sure to stay in the Jade section which has it's own infinity pool and lovely beach area.
The food was very good especially in La Cazeulas which offers a mexican buffet at lunch and dinner by reservation only. The drinks are fine but we felt they were weak or possibly watered down. If you want top shelf alcohol there is an upcharge. Our room in building 5 was adequate, nothing special and very damp but I think since the resort is surrounded by water on all sides this is just impossible to rectify.
There are theme nights and entertainment which we didn't really take advantage of as we travelled with a large group. The other guests were mostly french and the staff speaks spanish, english and french. The GO's were friendly and are always around trying to encourage you to participate and have fun. The support staff - waiters, maids etc...were very nice and always helpful...I have stayed at nicer resorts where the staff has a bad attitude..not the case here.
My daughter age 13 did not participate in the camp but went sailing and snorkeling and had a great time! We also took an excursion to Tulum and found that wonderful. If you have never been to the Mayan ruins I highly recommend booking trips while you are staying here.
At the end of the trip our companions and I decided we would definitely stay here again but only if we were in the better accommodations.

Room Tip: Stay in the JADE buildings....own private pool and much nicer section
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

i stayed at Club Med Cancun for 10 days, Jan 16-26, and it definitely wasn't long enough.My family and i have been coming here for the last 7 years and i have to say this was one of my best years. i spent most of the time by the waterski dock since that's one of the reason why we chose Cancun to begin with and the team was great!! Evan especially was extremely helpful with in depth lessons. He made sure that i mastered my jumps by the end of my stay and had a lot of patience for me. i recommend this village to anyone looking for a great place to waterski.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is really god and the activities available are amazing! The best this about it is the staff(the GOs)! Especially the circus team! Our whole group loved them! Betinha, chris, rolando and charles are so committed and hard workers! We also loved the beaches and the views!

• Stayed January 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I just spent a week there and loved every second of it! The beaches are great with very good service. i spent most of my time in the flying trapezium where they had the most amazing, friendly and caring circus GOs. Because of them i found an interest in circus and i will sure be back to visit them! i already miss that place so much!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

At 60 years of age, I experienced Club Med, 7 days, for the first time and was extremely impressed. I went with my sister as a single person. Although there were mostly couples and families, I had no problem having a fabulous time. The food is truly to die for. The culture at Club Med is international. The activities range from strenuous to relaxing. I chose Coba for an excursion and it was a true adventure - - biking to an ancient pyramid, learning about Mayan culture, lunch at an exotic beach, swimming in an underground care. Viva Mexico!

Room Tip: Apparently, all rooms are great. :)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I always prefer the beach over pool. I stayed 5 nights at Club Med Cancun and I would not hesitate to recommend this resort. Great place for families with teens and young children. Tons of activities, great instructors, amazing calm beach, a different snorkeling area, windsurf, waterski, catamaran sailing ... whatever you can think off. The staff is very helpful and over all a very memorable vacation!

Room Tip: I wanted to be close to beach and the restaurant. I got the building that has the lagoon view in the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Cancun Yucatan? Share your experiences!