“Loved the Jade Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Club Med Cancun Yucatan
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Punta Nizuc, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #22 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Denver, Colorado
“Loved the Jade Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I are adventurous 60-somethings. We stayed at this Club Med 15 years ago and had a great time, which we remembered fondly, especially the windsurfing. We decided it was time to try that again and were delighted to see the 5 Trident option at Jade. Our room was spectacular on the third floor with ocean view ........we felt as though we were in a tree house. The balcony was huge. The bed was so comfortable and the shower and 2 sinks amazing. The food options were great! Very fresh and delicious. We especially enjoyed the morning made-to-order omelets, the room service to room or poolside and the Mexican Restaurant dinners (not buffets!). But, what really was outstanding was the personalized service we received from the GOs and our Concierge, as well as all of the pool bar workers, the housekeepers and the windsurfing staff. Thank you all so much!! Your 5 Trident experience is a wonderful value!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Korean first
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I'm an X GO that worked for the club for 4 full years non-stop and bring my wife and kids to Club Med every year for last 9 years. This year we adventure to come with another family. It was great! Coming from San Diego is a long trip, but all worth it.
Staff was unbelievable: the Chief of village, Aziz, is running a great team. To mention a few of the great GO's that made our kids and adults so happy, Casey (very knowledgable)and Brit (sailing), Luciana, Carly, Laurent (water sky), Alexandre, Hanna, Rolando, a Brasilera(circus), Mehdi and Joe (tennis), Paula and Johana (reception), Mauricio and Daniel (bar), Emilio, Drika, Karina, Coco, Sasha and many more. Not 1 complain, despite the village was on major construction did not impact on the way the village was functioning. Can say enough how much I love that village. Maybe more GO's from Brasil.

Stayed October 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Everything you expect from a club med (outstanding food, friendly GOs, lots of sports, etc) in a location that is probably the best in Cancun...right in between the turquoise ocean and the lagoon.

Aziz and his team do a great job and the club is a great place for families, but if you go single you will be disappointed.

Must try the snorkling.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

1-mini club was good...
2-the food was very good thank you again for that!
3-the rooms need to be updated just paint is not enough!
4-The spot is just perfect.
5-Bad time for us a lot of construction work ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our family had such a great time last year we decided to come back again. There is something for everyone here. The staff was great. We saw staff from our last stay,Casey,Francisco,Mao, and Alexandre.. It was nice to connect and talk about our times from our last trip. The new staff was wonderful. David greeted us on our arrival with all smiles. Laurent,Luciana,Francisco, and Carley. thanks for all the great skiing. What an amazing water ski show. If we were not in the ocean snorkling, wakeboarding,sailing swimming,making sandcastles, we were enjoying the great weather The night time entertainment was fun. The Chief of the Village Azzie had a lot of energy. The land sports team was great for keeping us in shape after eating all the wonderful food. Josh and Rodrigo, we loved your water classes. We connected with great friends from last year Bill and Jason. We can not wait until going next year. It will be like a family reunion. Club Med staff and friends you give us incredible memories that will last a life time. The Dicke Family Nancy,Tristan, Kord, Brynn and Caelin

Room Tip: Rooms by lagoon are quiet but close to the beach and kids activities.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I really LOVED the Club Med Resort – it’s the best beach I have been to in Cancun.

THE RESORT GROUNDS

PROS: One of the reasons I picked this resort is due to its proximity to the airport (it takes 10 minutes to get there). That had me worried at first but the resort is located on prime real estate – the view from the beach is spectacular! At night, you can see the lights of downtown Cancun – I wish I had my tripod with me to take a slow-shutter speed photo - it would have been amazing. The staff is always working to keep the resort clean and well maintained (although it seems that some efforts are futile, see cons below). There are beautiful flowers, trees and plants scattered throughout the resort. There are two pools – the “main pool” located in the center of the resort closer to the main beach and the “Jade pool” located in the Jade area. I preferred the Jade pool because it was more secluded. The main beach was AWESOME – it’s groomed and cleaned daily and, for those of you who hate seaweed (it doesn’t bother me) you will be happy to know that there was hardly any seaweed on the sand. Also, the resort has its own coral reef so if you have the time and energy you should go snorkeling.

CONS:
There is peeling paint, cracked tiles and rusted metal all over the resort. I am not sure that there is anything they can do about this. The hotel is starting to show its age and I think much of it has to do with the fact that its so close to the ocean and that kind of exposure can take its toll on surrounding buildings but the resort could use a face-lift. It didn’t bother me that much, but it did take away from the 5 star score. There are also tons of iguanas everywhere. I thought it was neat to see these guys running around, so this wasn’t a con for me, but they did “poop” everywhere.

THE FOOD

PROS: The food was spectacular – the reason I only gave the report 4 stars instead of 5 is because

CONS: 1) there were not enough restaurants 2) It’s hard to get food if you want to eat at a “random” time (like 5:30, for example) 3) None of the restaurants are open before 7:00. If you’re from the States, this can be a problem for you. Europeans could care less (I am Greek, so I get it) because their “dinner” is lunch and they don’t really eat a big meal late in the day nor do they eat before 7:00 anyway, but if you’re from the states where you eat around your work schedule (most of us work from 7:30 in the morning to about 5:00) then this will be a problem for you, especially if you have kids. We were there with a group of friends who brought their 15 month old with them who kept saying “food, eat, food, eat” around 5:30 and 6:00; poor thing.

THE STAFF
PROS: This resort has the friendliest staff I have ever met – EVER.
CONS: Nothing – best staff EVER.

THE SPA

PROS: Typical spa. I got the facial and Mediterranean massage. I should have gotten the Swedish massage, but I ALWAYS get the Swedish and I wanted to try something different. I would give 3 to 4 stars for the spa. The facilities are nice and the staff is great.

CONS: The price – really inflated.

THE ROOMS

PROS: My family and I stayed in the Jade rooms – the room with an adjoining “kids” room with two twin beds and it was AWESOME. The décor was nice, the beds are HUGE and everything is quite clean. For those of you who like a very dry room with no humidity, Cancun may not be the place for you, especially if you come during the rainier season. The rooms are air-conditioned and the humidity was quite lower inside the rooms than outside; however, it’s not as dry as “back home”. This was not a problem for me, but many people were complaining about how humid it is in Cancun. My response? Perhaps you should vacation in Arizona. If you’re going to stay at the Club Med – the Jade rooms are the best as far as I am concerned. You will read here that many people didn’t like being secluded and away from all the other rooms in the hotel – I found that to be a plus

CONS: This isn’t so much a huge issue for me because stuff like this doesn’t bother me, but there were teeny-tiny bugs in our room by the computer and a few salamanders. The salamanders were cute but I was put-off by the bugs. I am not sure what they are, they almost looked like microscopic spiders. They were not on our bed – but they were all over the table in the main room. The couch and other furniture are starting to show they age a bit – the couch in our room was discolored and almost looks ‘dirty’. Our coffee machine failed multiple times so I gave up and headed down to the lobby/concierge area for coffee in the morning.

THE THEATRE
PROS: It’s a nice room to have for events. I only saw the theatre for the mini kids club “performances” so I don’t know how it’s used in any other capacity.

CONS: It’s old, outdated and needs some serious attention. The entire room needs to be repainted and updated. I don’t know how – but it’s not a 5 star feel that’s for sure. I would advise that they redo the entire theatre and update it so that all the electronics work and that the room can be adequately air-conditioned (my husband sat to watch our kids perform and I couldn’t stop laughing at how badly he was sweating there).

Overall – I can’t wait to go back! This would have been a five star resort for me had it not been for the lack of food availability earlier than 7:00. It won’t be an issue for me soon as my kids are getting older and can learn to deal with waiting for food. Those of you with babies (kids 0-3) may end up grazing throughout the day instead of doing regular dinner (or sticking to room service).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jade area. The rooms are more expensive, but if you want to be a bit more secluded...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nesconset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family of 6 along with my sister-in-law's family of 5 stayed at Club Med Cancun in August of 2013. We had a great time! At first we were very nervous since my daughter has a gluten allergy but as soon as we got there we met with the head chef who put our minds at ease. They were outstanding and very accommodating. They instructed us as to what she could eat and what might have been cross contaminated. They also prepared special dishes just for her which were delicious! They also prepared anything we brought with us like cookies, breads and pasta.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Cancun Yucatan? Share your experiences!