My daughter was literally in tears when we had to leave Club Med Cancun. She had such an amazing time with Mireille and all the kids from all over the world in the kids club. This is a wonderful place and even though it was our second time here - our family can't wait to go back.
Aziz, the chef du Village and his team of GOs were fantastic. They all work very hard to make sure their guest have a great time. I saw Aziz up at the crack of dawn checking everything out, greeting all the grounds staff and ensuring everything was in tip top shape for the day ahead. He was a great performer in the evening shows too. This club med has one of the most international staff with over 25 countries represented at a count one eveing after the show when we met the GO team. Azis was previously at the Mauritius Club Med and I think he must have brought some of his team with him. The tennis instructor from Morrocco ( who also was previously in Mauritius) was very good. He and another girl from Morrocco Amira were fabulous dancers.
The entertainment at night was great. My husband couldn't get enough of Dave the Guitar Guy, who was a wonderful musician and usually played at sunset right after playing beach volleyball.
If you want to be active, then this is the place to go. Margot was a fabulous fitness instructor who did everything from yoga, to zumba to core and weight training.
The tennis program was terrific and the sailing was wonderful. They have 14 and 16 ft catamarans. Kayaks and windsurfers are readily available too. The smaller beach beside the tennis and sailing was a lovely option and made going for the lunch at the restaurant beside it, which is right on the water, a breeze.
We were very happy with our rooms. Both had waterviews. Ours had a king size bed and lovely balcony on the lagoon and our daughter had an ocean view near the snorkelling beach. (Both were in the 6000 block which is close to everything.) There was an enormous iguana on the walk way beside the ocean just just across from her room. If you have kids, they will be very interested in the iguanas.
The food was excellent - the main restaurant was great and we also enjoyed 3 meals in the specialty restaurants. One is a steak house with excellent sea food and the other is a fine dining restaurant that is "Mexican" but has amazing seafood too. Club Med has great selection so there is always something to please everyone.
The spa was excellent.
We were delighted with the weather - Sunshine every day and no rain! I can't wait to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Cancun Yucatan Hotel Cancun
- Club Med Cancun Yucatan Hotel
- Club Med Cancun
- Club Med
- Cancun Club Med
- Club Med Cancun Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of Mexico in this environmentally friendly all-inclusive family resort nestled on a pristine stretch of world-famous Mayan Riviera beach. Travel to Club Med Cancun Yucatan with your family to enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst the sumptuous amenities, natural beauty and a relaxing atmosphere that make this unique family resort as breathtaking as it is adventurous. Uncover a fresh perspective on the charm of the Mexican culture and experience a vacation filled with enhancements for the entire family. There's so much about this newly redesigned resort that will touch your family for years to come: refined accommodations, excursions* to Mayan archeological sites, a new Club Med Spa by Comfort Zone*, 3 restaurants including 1 fine Mexican dining venue and 1 serving worldwide specialties, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Club Med Cancun Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.