“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun

Save Saved
You added The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun to your Saves list
The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km 20 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Cancun
Dallas, Texas
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ive stayed here because I had to extend my stay and my previous hotel was fully booked.

This hotel is far far south and has nothing close by it, but there are a few things that made it special.
1. Property, located far south gives it that sense of privacy and having an -almost- private lagoon on the orther side makes it really cool
2. I got upgraded to a Pool Level room, which was really convenient
3. perfect, PERFECT for business conventions, i was not in one but there was one going on and everybody seemed confortable

CONs.
1. Rooms are not suites
2. No free WiFi which is not uncommon but I will always mark it as a con
3. Service was a little bit below the Westin Standards

Will give it a try again for a longer stay

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
The_Westin-Cancun, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Alex V

Thank you for your preference at Westin Cancun!
We are pleased to know that your stay and thank forfor our feedback regarding the service I will verify what happen.

We look forward for your next visit!

Be well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is very nice. We stayed in the Royal Beach Club section and I loved it. I liked the fact that we were in a different and exclusive section in the hotel. Made me feel special. We even had our own pool. Service was excellent. The staff was always friendly and polite. I have no complaints there. Cleanliness was great. Food was good. Overall we had a fantastic 7days. One thing and the only thing I didn't like from the hotel was that the room felt very humid. But then again it's very humid in cancun. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Kittykat90745

We would like to thank you for your preference at Westin Cancun! We are please to know that you enjoy your stay specially our Royal Beach Club.

We look forward for your next visit.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for my two last nights in Cancun. I had already spent 7 days at the Emporio. This hotel is really old. I stayed in the first floor in a room with two queen beds and a porch. There is no way I'll class this property as anything beyond a 2 star. An Econolodge bedroom is probably nicer. The walls are bright white. Felt like old hospital rooms. The little fridge in the room was locked. I am a Starwood Preferred gold member but in their system it was showing I wasn't a gold member. Even when I showed them my account information from the website, I still had to persuade them to give me the gold benefit which was free internet in the room. I did not get a room upgrade though. The internet was on and off, that's a common problem in all the properties I have stayed in Cancun. If you want to stay at the Westin in Cancun, don't stay in this property. Go to the Westin Lagunama. It's a newer and nicer property.

One great thing about this property I stayed at was the Sea and Salt restaurant. Food there was delicious. Am vegan and the chef made an excellent vegan pizza. Their breakfast buffet is also really good but it will see you back by about $25 US ($300pesos). They were a few options for vegans.

Will I stay in this property again? Absolutely not. If I were a college student going to Cancun for Spring break I'll probably stay here but not at this point in my life. My last 2 days here ruined my wonderful week of vacation. I even managed to get really sick drinking the only glass of Mai Tai drink I ordered in their pool bar. The one glass of drink caused me to start throwing up and I felt weak till I returned to the US.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
The_Westin-Cancun, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear BAngelU U

First we would like to apologize regarding the incidents during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback, I share your comments with our departments heads and an action plan was made to avoid the occurrence.

We hope you respond our direct message in order for detail information.

Napa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent 5 nights here, checking in on 8-15 and out on 8-20-2014. Weather was hot and humid as expected but beers at the pool bar were icy cold and our room's air conditioning worked extememely well. Our room was plenty large enough for the two of us with King Sized Heavenly bed, the bath was clean and well stocked with great water pressure for refreshing showers. Housekeeping staff was good although I don't think they consistently swept as there were water bottles that had missed the recylcling can still lying on the floor after one visit.

Food and beverage were generally good. Although we did not eat dinner on property as we were off exploring the myriad of restaurants in the Centro, we did eat breakfast every day (buffet), lunch twice plus snacks at the Pool Bar. Guacamole, ceviche, burger, and turkey pannini at lunch were fabulous. Breakfast was hit or miss, with one day being served tepid coffee, the next piping hot. One monrining we arrived right at opening, so you'd think everything would be piping hot and fresh, but you'd be wrong. Most of the hot food had been put out without lighting the Sternos underneath and were stone cold. Not just underwarmed, cold. Our server whose name completely escapes, brought us fresh, hot Chilaquilles, frijoles, and quesadillas from the kitchen. The Manager on duty stopped by, apologized. Check was adjusted so no harm, no foul. They could not dampen our mood on that particular day anyway as we had an up close and personal encounter with a mama Sea Turtle on the pre-sunrise beach as she was dug her way out of her crater and crawlied her way slowly back to the surf. AMAZING!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Westin-Cancun, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Patrick L

First we would like to thank you for your preference at Westin Cancun! We are please to know that you sleep well in our Heavenly Bed and you enjoy your stay-

Thank you for your feedback regarding our housekeeping department, I share your comment with our Housekeeper and will verify what happen.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful picture.

We hope your plans bring you back to Cancun soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came to Rivera Maya for a scuba diving trip and decided to book a stay at Westin Royal Beach Club. Easy check- in, got upgraded to a room with fantastic view, pool, jacuzzi, other amenties is what I would expect from a Westin brand. I liked the beach, Club Lounge was good (both appetizers and drink selection) Location is not far from El Rey Archeological site which I visited during my stay and it was great to explore (though it's not big but it is worth a trip)

Most importantly Royal Beach Club front desk provided extraordinary service (especially
Ameyalli)- very professional and attentive.

Definitely coming back again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Iaminov

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience in Westin Cancun!

We are please to know that you enjoy the pool, the ocean and our Royal Beach.

Thanks to your comment Ameyalli will receive from our Management a recognition for her service.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Westin for our anniversary for 5 days. The staff was very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and had great views, and our trip was great. Concierge helped us book transportation and even sent champagne to our room! We highly recommend this hotel, what really stood out to us was the wonderful people that make the Westin great.

Room Tip: Oceanview was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kay D

Thank you very much for your preference at Westin Cancun to celebrate your anniversary! we are please to know you enjoy your stay.

We hoe when you plans bring you back to Cancun you will stay again with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just stayed at this resort with friends for 6 days and we had a fantastic time! The staff was super gracious and helpful. We particularly loved the service from the bartenders at the pool, especially Jorge, Angel, and Toledo. Lulu from the heavenly spa was great was well. Carmen from the information center where we booked an incredible trip to Xplor was amazing! We had a great time-highly recommend!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Perel G

Thank you for your preference at Westin Cancun!

We are please to know that you enjoy your stay and you received from Jorge, Angel, Toledo and Lulu an excellent service they will received a recognition for that. We will send you comment regarding Carmen to her agency.

We hope you will visit us again very soon.

Be well

Been to The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!