My husband and I were married at Dreams Cancun in Nov. 2007. We had a wonderful time! We had 20 guests stay at the resort also. Every single one of them raved about how our wedding was one the most beautiful and entertaining they've been too. Everyone loved the resort and said they would love to come back. This is what I thought of our week we stay.
The resort is not the most lavish I've stayed in, but it was beautiful, well taken care of and clean. Its definitely a family resort. They will not allow big groups of spring breakers who will disrupt the other guests.
The customer service is top notch I would give it a 10. Dreams had the most hospitable staff of ANY place I've stayed. Never batted an eye at any request and didn't deny any either.
We stayed in the Honeymoon suite in the Tower. It was incredilbe! The views were spectacular. The bed was comfortable and the sheets soft. Five bucks to the maid that stocks your fridge and she'll put whatever you want in it.
The food was awesome. I don't remember the name of the Japanese rest. but it was fantastic. The world cafe has everything you could want.
The wedding was easy to plan. You have a free wedding planner that sets everything up. My only suggestion is that you hire your own photographer and videographer. I hired a local photographer from Claudia Rodriguez studio (--). Erick took the most beauiful pictures! I used the hotel videographer and was very unhappy with his work, very amatuer. The ceremony was BEAUTIFUL! It took place in the gazebo, it is higher up and surrounded by water. (You can do yoga here too) I had a cocktail hour on the deck of the Tower. I highly recommend the Mariachi band. Then we had the reception on the beach with the house DJ. Again I recommend maybe hiring your own. He was ok but not great. I really enjoyed it and so did my guests.
The dolphins are really cool. If you have a chance to swim with them you'll not regret it.
The only negative thing I can say is the pool is small. But there are two beautiful beaches to make up for it.
All in all Dreams is a great resort and I can't wait to go back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CLOSED FOR RENOVATION UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2015 The sophisticated readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Dreams Cancun one of the Top Ten Resorts in Mexico. Travel industry publication TravelAge West also honored Dreams Cancun with its prestigious Wave Award, naming it Best All-Inclusive Resort, Mexico. Rave reviews plus Unlimited-Luxury® — both excellent indications that things are very special here.Cancun is a friendly and bustling city voted as the #9 Best Destination in the Caribbean and Mexico for the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards. Yet within our lush 7.1 oceanfront acres, you will be serenely tucked away. One reason is our one-of-a-kind location. Here at the most eastern tip of Mexico, you are surrounded on three sides by the beauty of the azure Caribbean Sea — the only resort in Cancun with this remarkable location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Hotel
- Camino Real Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Dream Resort
- Dreams Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Dreams Hotel
- Dreams Resort Cancun Mexico