“Dreams” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Cancun

and 1 more site!
You added Hyatt Ziva Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Punta Cancun s/n, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa)   |
“Dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We have stayed here the past 4 years. We are planning to come again this summer and were hoping to stay here...hoping its the same or better with the new ownership.
We will have to stay somewhere elae this year as the new hotel wont be completed. ..crossing our fingers. .we will be staying here 2016.

This was the very best hotel. People so sweet. Close to everything

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For our first trip to Cancun, dreams was a perfect match. Upgraded at check in to a club room which had its own pool area and lounge area. Fantastic staff (especially at the pool bar). Was really surprised with the quality of the food being an all inclusive deal,especially at the Asian restaurant, sooo good. Cant wait to go back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at Dreams Cancun three times over the last five years. It was a fantastic experience. The staff, grounds, and food were all excellent. Good luck to the new ownership, you have some high expectations to live up to!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015 via mobile

I have stayed at Dreams Cancun 10 times since 2007! Overall I been to Cancun 15 times and by far, hands down this was the best resort I have ever stayed at! Prime location just a 5 minute walk to the Club zone and shopping. I can say I was on a first name basis with plenty of the staff here. I stayed here for the last time at the end of March into early April 2014 just prior to their closing in April 2014. I will miss this place I had so many wonderful memories here and met some great people staff and guests alike. The food was always good I never had a bad meal at Dreams Cancun. The service was always over the top as I would finish a drink and the waiters would be right there handing me another. When I came to the buffet for breakfast some of the servers knew exactly what I wanted and would put it on the table without me asking. Since I had come there so often the majority of the time the hotel would upgrade me to the preferred club without any additional charges. The beach was great as the hotel has 2 beaches and is completely surrounded by water on all sides. I can't say enough about Dreams Cancun and their staff. I will surely miss this place and Hyatt Ziva has some big shoes to fill. I would like to return to this resort after the construction is completed but in the mean time it's off to the new Dreams Sands Cancun. I would like to thank Emily who worked the check in desk for always taking care of me. I can't say enough about Eladio who was the manager of the buffet and Himitsu Japanese restaurant as he went over and above for me over the course of the last 10 years. The beach waiter Jorge was awesome year after year. Last but not least the Entertainment Team Luis, Manuel, Argelia, Kayla, Saul, Itzel, and Mini Me you all made each one of my trips a memorable one whether we were at the resort or in the nightclub. I will never forget you all and so glad I am able to call each of you a friend and I hope to see you next month once I return. Thank you for everything Dreams Cancun!

• Stayed April 2014
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Stayed when it was Dreams Cancun. Corner suite w/ balcony jaccuzzi. Ocean/ Dolphin view was amazing! Food was great!. Entertainment could have been better. Beach was beautiful. Nightlife and shopping very close by. Great time!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

Everything was perfect!! Very attentive staff, clean rooms and always have on hand what is needed. Really enjoyed the stay, delicious food and very entertaining night as we return. Thank you Dreams Cancun

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 5 times in Dreams Cancun since 2007. I wrote a review before about Dreams, and I said that the rooms need renovation, but I was not expecting this. I tried different hotels in Cancun and DR, but never seen a hotel that beats Dreams Cancun(Hayett Ziva) when it comes to food or the awesome beach it had. My family and I were shocked to learn about what happened. We had lots of great unforgettable memories at Dreams. The staff made us feel welcome all the time. Hopefully Hayett management team is wise enough to keep the legacy of Dream Cancun alive with it good food, welcoming atmosphere, and reasonable all-inclusive prices. Keeping the old staff will be a great idea. Hopefully I will see Miguel's and lider's smiley faces again at the swim up bar.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Hyatt Ziva Cancun? Share your experiences!