“Good bye Dreams Cancun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Cancun

You added Hyatt Ziva Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Punta Cancun s/n, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #50 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Los Angeles, California
“Good bye Dreams Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 5 times in Dreams Cancun since 2007. I wrote a review before about Dreams, and I said that the rooms need renovation, but I was not expecting this. I tried different hotels in Cancun and DR, but never seen a hotel that beats Dreams Cancun(Hayett Ziva) when it comes to food or the awesome beach it had. My family and I were shocked to learn about what happened. We had lots of great unforgettable memories at Dreams. The staff made us feel welcome all the time. Hopefully Hayett management team is wise enough to keep the legacy of Dream Cancun alive with it good food, welcoming atmosphere, and reasonable all-inclusive prices. Keeping the old staff will be a great idea. Hopefully I will see Miguel's and lider's smiley faces again at the swim up bar.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Polish first
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Checking in seemed to be the biggest turn off. Had to wait over an hour than quoted to get our room. Staff was apologetic, but it seemed out of their hands. Not enough staff to accommodate the guests arriving. The second issue to deal with is the pool chairs. If you want a specific spot, you need to get up real early (6:00 am) to reserve your chair. It is first come first serve. We had some issues during low season. I can't imaging what is like at high season. The staff make it worth while, Eduardo Gonzalez at the buffet restaurant was awesome. Tip, try to get the same server everyday. We did with Eduardo and his service was excellent. He would have our choice of beverage waiting when we came back with our food. He always had a big smile and eager to please. Great guy. Leonel at the ocean side buffet was great as well. We only ate there a few times. He was always ready to answer questions and made us feel at ease. His knowledge of the area was invaluable. Maria, the activities director was nothing short of amazing. She was everywhere doing everything for the guests. All smiles and energetic from hosting water aerobics, cartoon trivia, handing out towels at the pool or hosting the nightly shows which are well worth the time to see. She was everywhere all the time. An outstanding person, she definitely made it fun. And Carlos the buffet manager!! The man took care of us like family. It was our 20th anniversary and Carlos personally waited on us. He was friendly, remembered our names after the first day. He made sure my wife always she the type of wine she liked. We were always greeted by name and a big hug. These people made the trip something to remember. We worth it thanks to all of them. We miss them already.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy, fewer children. For a good sunrise,sunset view again higher floor and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hyatt can consider their routers fried. I have vacationed there every year for the past 5 years and have never had such amazing times anywhere else in my life. The memories made by the staff and their fantastic personalities, as well as just little things like enjoying evenings listening to music and drinking beverages in the lobby. I will miss this hotel when Hyatt comes in and destroys the peaceful atmosphere and laid-back qualities of the resort. One thing I loved above all was the fact that wrist bands were not required to be worn during your stay. I had stayed at a resort with that requirement and it hindered my experience greatly. I'll miss you, Dreams Cancun. Farewell.

Room Tip: The Hyatt owners knocked down the Pyramid building. All the satisfactory rooms are gone.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

most of the Administrative staff and managers are there for just one purpose - to make sure you pay pay pay
The word Service and quality are somehow forgotten.
no pictures of dolphins - buy them in the store, nohelp, no taxi, no phone...tv remote and AC had to be serviced 3 times.Extreme surprise when AC had to be serviced and reserviced....had to change rooms at the end, but equivalent room was not available, co have to pay extra for a better room....
All kinds of cheez like that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was my first time to Cancun but my second time at a Dreams resort. Had stayed at the Dreams in Cabo. I prefer this Dreams resort primarily because of the location in the Hotel Zone and being steps away from the crystal blue Caribbean water on the eastern part of the property. The food was decent just like the Cabo property - not surprising. My wife and I enjoyed the off-site Mexican restaurant the most. Unfortunately, you have to be one of the first that morning (9am) to make a reservation at one of the limited number of tables set aside for Dreams guests. Just glad we were able to take advantage of it once during our stay. The location is ideal to be able to explore the Hotel Zone in Cancun. All the restaurants, shopping, and nightlife are pretty much walking distance or bus ride from the property. My wife and I took advantage of the amazing water to go SCUBA diving (my wife got certified here and I ventured to the underwater museum at the Isla de Mujeres and drift diving in Cozumel). The weather was very nice and would love to come back, but highly unlikely at this resort given the overabundance of resorts in the area. But we still enjoyed our week here but surprised to recently find out that the Dreams is no longer.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground level and opt for ocean view as opposed to interior rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel only for 2 nights during my business trip in 2014. Don't use much service but in overall the hotels seems good and well managed. Don't mind giving 4 star review for this hotel and I can recommend to the other travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wabash, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed April 5-9 2014 and was the worst hotel all inclusive our family of six have ever experienced.. Two rooms overlooking dolphins ---both flooded and the bathrooms smell---Contacted the Dreams upper management and AmResorts immediately on arriving home 13 times---Best response I got was essentially "Sorry you weren't pleased" which I will hear one more time here but also thought about pursuing legal steps for fraud and false advertising--(the four star menus online are not the food you get!!!!!) but they wore me down and didn't even offer to reimburse me my water stained ruined backpacks and luggage from their flooded floors. , ..nasty people ----nasty hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Go to Cancun--the X-plor trip with caves and zip lines are are fantastic---Excellent snorkeling oppo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Ziva Cancun? Share your experiences!