This was our 9th trip to Dreams Cancun since March 2009. We had a total of 98 wonderful days at this wonderful resort. We were happy that we could return and say goodbye to our Dreams family.It was our home away from home like many of the families we met there over the years.
What made Dreams special was the management and the great staff.Granted it is probably the best location in all of Cancun. It has 2 great beaches ,one on the bay side and the other on the ocean side. The hotel and its grounds were well maintained and all of the restaurants were excellent and the food was very good.
All of the old regulars were shocked when we heard Dreams was closing and that Playa Resorts was hooking up with Hyatt Ziva. We are all concerned that the new resort will be made too large and ornate and loose the homey charm.The old resort made you feel relaxed and like you are returning to your home. The bay beach cannot handle any more beach chairs it is crowded already. We are also concerned that it might become to expensive for the families that went to Dreams.
I,ve heard good things about Hyatt Resorts (however I hope it is not a place that makes you wear arm bands of different colors - where it differentiates where you are staying. Also I hope they do not impose a stuffy dress code at their resorts -- Vacation should be a casual adventure and a warm environment. We are also hoping it will be affordable.
Finally what made Dreams a success was it's great Management and staff. Hyatt would be wise to pursue hiring some of the old staff.
I did contact Hyatt about the changes etc. but so far I did not receive a reply.
We do intend on returning to try the new resort and we hope it will be family friendly and make you feel like you are returning to your home and family. I hope they leave the Pyramid alone it was a great building overlooking the ocean. We always stayed in the same room 5207 -- it was our home away from home.We were the last guests to check out of Dreams Cancun on April 30th.
Finally i would like to thank the Management and staff of Dreams for creating a great resort and providing us with many great memories. We hope some of them return to the new resort or they all find suitable employment they were all terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sophisticated readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Dreams Cancun one of the Top Ten Resorts in Mexico. Travel industry publication TravelAge West also honored Dreams Cancun with its prestigious Wave Award, naming it Best All-Inclusive Resort, Mexico. Rave reviews plus Unlimited-Luxury® — both excellent indications that things are very special here.Cancun is a friendly and bustling city voted as the #9 Best Destination in the Caribbean and Mexico for the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards. Yet within our lush 7.1 oceanfront acres, you will be serenely tucked away. One reason is our one-of-a-kind location. Here at the most eastern tip of Mexico, you are surrounded on three sides by the beauty of the azure Caribbean Sea — the only resort in Cancun with this remarkable location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Hotel
- Camino Real Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Dream Resort
- Dreams Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Dreams Hotel
- Dreams Resort Cancun Mexico