“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Cancun

You added Hyatt Ziva Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Punta Cancun s/n, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa)   |
Bali, Indonesia
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel only for 2 nights during my business trip in 2014. Don't use much service but in overall the hotels seems good and well managed. Don't mind giving 4 star review for this hotel and I can recommend to the other travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Polish first
Wabash, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed April 5-9 2014 and was the worst hotel all inclusive our family of six have ever experienced.. Two rooms overlooking dolphins ---both flooded and the bathrooms smell---Contacted the Dreams upper management and AmResorts immediately on arriving home 13 times---Best response I got was essentially "Sorry you weren't pleased" which I will hear one more time here but also thought about pursuing legal steps for fraud and false advertising--(the four star menus online are not the food you get!!!!!) but they wore me down and didn't even offer to reimburse me my water stained ruined backpacks and luggage from their flooded floors. , ..nasty people ----nasty hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Go to Cancun--the X-plor trip with caves and zip lines are are fantastic---Excellent snorkeling oppo...
south of Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Dates of visit: April 21- 29, 2014

As sadly as this is to see such a fantastic establishment as Dreams Cancun shutting its doors, I find it imperative to write a review literally moments after returning in from my flight home to share the reasons why we have returned to dreams and hopefully it will help the future of the business and the people who have held jobs there.

Our family is somewhat well traveled compared to others with small children. We typically travel the Caribbean and Mexico. We came to Dreams cancun 6 years ago (which you will also see I reviewed back then), tried around different locations but so far Dreams is hand downs our favorite. Of course location is key. This is the most beach space you will find in the hotel zone. But honestly what brought us back is the STAFF. Miguel (or "Don" Miguel as he is tenderly called) from the front reception area played with my boys and I knew he really loved his job and seeing my boys so happy. My boys are going to bed tonight asking for him and my five year old actually said "mommy I hope Miguel doesn't have to find a new job" He was so sweet he even ran out to the van as we were leaving for another high five and hug. It was the first time I have left a resort with tears i my eyes as I thought to myself this may be his last day of work.

Victor at world cafe was also one of the sweetest men I have met. We remembered him from 6 years ago. He also took my boys as they were his own and made napkin animals for them and just really loved his job and we can't thank him enough. Manuel at world cafe also totally rocked and helped make our trip.
Eulila at the omelette station was so sweet every morning and I actually hugged her leaving to thank her. Where else do you get such a great staff!!!? In the majority of my travels anyone at an omelette station makes little eye contact and there is no personable interaction.
The food at oceana was superb, especially for all inclusive. Cesar, Martin and Edier (Eddie) were on the top of their game, remembering us and honestly treating us like we were VIP every day. I will miss them!
Pedro, Angel and Jorge at the barracuda bar (?) -- the bar with the swings were FANTASTIC. Pedro even remembered a coconut appetizer dish I asked for that they used to make years ago after "coco loco" hour. I guess this is a thing of the past but Pedro got the original recipe and made it just for me. These are truly people you don't want to loose as staff.

The Hitasu restaurant is another gem..yes the food and ambience is to die for but the staff is irreplaceable. My little ones had SO much fun with Eladio (or as they called him "Dragon") every night we saw him. He brought them out special desserts and really just added to our special trip.
Luis and the rest of the wait staff were over accommoding to us all the time.

Juan from sugar reef bar was also always ready for me with a drink and smile. He really loved his job.

A review about dreams can not be complete without the star of your show and entertainment team, Adrian. What a great guy with a great personality. You are lucky to have him.

As you can tell I could go on and on about personal stories that we encountered with all the Dreams staff. It gave me a heavy heart to think these lovely people will be out of work. As my husband and I are US business owners ourselves, I can only hope that you invest in this staff with the proper severance and unemployment packages until you reopen. I love the location of the resort but sadly you will lose future business of ours if we hear the staff was mistreated in any way during transfer of ownership. Even the gardeners and painters who have been there forever always looked up to say hi to us.

THANK YOU DREAMS STAFF from the bottom of our hearts.
I will be in contact.

Best Regards and prayers with you all,
Linda

Stayed April 2014
Medway, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Dreams, Cancun is a great location over looking the ocean. Such a great place to wake up each day! What made it all the better vacation was the truly amazing staff. From the servers, entertainers, Explorer Club staff, cleaning and maintenance staff-each and every one was genuinely kind, happy and seemed intent on making our vacation one to remember. What made this more amazing was the fact that Dreams is due to close this coming Wednesday (April 30, 2014) and the staff will be without work. Yet they maintained a very professional and upbeat attitude the entire time. If I did not hear from another guest that Dreams was closing I would never have known otherwise. Even when asked about their situation the staff was still professional in their response. Our daughter LOVED the Explorer Club staff, Adry, Abby, Felisa and Dulce seemed to work 24 hours a day with the kids keeping them entertained with a variety of games and events. The Entertainment staff were upbeat and super funny. Mini Me, Felix and Kenya and the many others were great at getting guests to get involved in all the activities and "take part" in their own vacation! I would return to Cancun if I could be assured the level of service was as good as what we experienced at Dreams. We wish all the best to the fabulous staff and hope they are able to find work quickly-any resort or other company would be LUCKY to employ each and every one of them. Thank you for a great vacation!

Voorhees, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We spent 5 unforgettable days.Very relaxing!!!! We had a room facing the ocean and the dolphin's pool. Our girls had so much fun.the kids explorer club 's staff (Adriana,Felisa)was professionnal.The entertainment team(Minny me, Felix,Louis....) diid a excellent job,day and night .
We thank all the employees who are workiing very hard. Wish them all the luck they deserve.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

spent five days at this resort with a room facing the sea and the pool having dolphins. the dolphins were a very good treat and the beach had a very clear white sand. probably the best place to relax, and to have all meals, drinks and snacks on the house, added some new culinaries to the taste.

Room Tip: sea and dolphin facing rooms would be a good choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DreamsEconcierge, Sales & Social Media Coordinator at Hyatt Ziva Cancun, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Prabodh G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of Dreams Cancun.

We look forward to your return to our resorts and to having the privilege of being of service to you again soon.

Best regards,

Guillermo Graziano
Social Media Coordinator
econcierge.drecu@dreamsresorts.com
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was our first trip ever away and with all hands down it was worth ever penny !! Our room over looked the ocean and at night it was amazing ! It was spotless and clean everywhere we looked there was always staff cleaning . From the moment we arrive from the bell boys outside to the staff at the front desk to the waiter / waitress , the room service (cleaning of the room and room service) the amazing shows that happened every night . Loved every minute of our stay just wish we didn't have to come home . David and Jeanette

Dear Greeneyes732014,

It is an honor for us to read that our hotel is your preferred place to be! Thank you very much for this big compliment and appreciation in the name of all Dreams Cancun.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dreams resorts.

Guillermo Graziano
Sales & Social Media Coordinator
econcierge.drecu@dreamsresorts.com
Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Hyatt Ziva Cancun? Share your experiences!