Dates of visit: April 21- 29, 2014
As sadly as this is to see such a fantastic establishment as Dreams Cancun shutting its doors, I find it imperative to write a review literally moments after returning in from my flight home to share the reasons why we have returned to dreams and hopefully it will help the future of the business and the people who have held jobs there.
Our family is somewhat well traveled compared to others with small children. We typically travel the Caribbean and Mexico. We came to Dreams cancun 6 years ago (which you will also see I reviewed back then), tried around different locations but so far Dreams is hand downs our favorite. Of course location is key. This is the most beach space you will find in the hotel zone. But honestly what brought us back is the STAFF. Miguel (or "Don" Miguel as he is tenderly called) from the front reception area played with my boys and I knew he really loved his job and seeing my boys so happy. My boys are going to bed tonight asking for him and my five year old actually said "mommy I hope Miguel doesn't have to find a new job" He was so sweet he even ran out to the van as we were leaving for another high five and hug. It was the first time I have left a resort with tears i my eyes as I thought to myself this may be his last day of work.
Victor at world cafe was also one of the sweetest men I have met. We remembered him from 6 years ago. He also took my boys as they were his own and made napkin animals for them and just really loved his job and we can't thank him enough. Manuel at world cafe also totally rocked and helped make our trip.
Eulila at the omelette station was so sweet every morning and I actually hugged her leaving to thank her. Where else do you get such a great staff!!!? In the majority of my travels anyone at an omelette station makes little eye contact and there is no personable interaction.
The food at oceana was superb, especially for all inclusive. Cesar, Martin and Edier (Eddie) were on the top of their game, remembering us and honestly treating us like we were VIP every day. I will miss them!
Pedro, Angel and Jorge at the barracuda bar (?) -- the bar with the swings were FANTASTIC. Pedro even remembered a coconut appetizer dish I asked for that they used to make years ago after "coco loco" hour. I guess this is a thing of the past but Pedro got the original recipe and made it just for me. These are truly people you don't want to loose as staff.
The Hitasu restaurant is another gem..yes the food and ambience is to die for but the staff is irreplaceable. My little ones had SO much fun with Eladio (or as they called him "Dragon") every night we saw him. He brought them out special desserts and really just added to our special trip.
Luis and the rest of the wait staff were over accommoding to us all the time.
Juan from sugar reef bar was also always ready for me with a drink and smile. He really loved his job.
A review about dreams can not be complete without the star of your show and entertainment team, Adrian. What a great guy with a great personality. You are lucky to have him.
As you can tell I could go on and on about personal stories that we encountered with all the Dreams staff. It gave me a heavy heart to think these lovely people will be out of work. As my husband and I are US business owners ourselves, I can only hope that you invest in this staff with the proper severance and unemployment packages until you reopen. I love the location of the resort but sadly you will lose future business of ours if we hear the staff was mistreated in any way during transfer of ownership. Even the gardeners and painters who have been there forever always looked up to say hi to us.
THANK YOU DREAMS STAFF from the bottom of our hearts.
I will be in contact.
Best Regards and prayers with you all,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sophisticated readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Dreams Cancun one of the Top Ten Resorts in Mexico. Travel industry publication TravelAge West also honored Dreams Cancun with its prestigious Wave Award, naming it Best All-Inclusive Resort, Mexico. Rave reviews plus Unlimited-Luxury® — both excellent indications that things are very special here.Cancun is a friendly and bustling city voted as the #9 Best Destination in the Caribbean and Mexico for the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards. Yet within our lush 7.1 oceanfront acres, you will be serenely tucked away. One reason is our one-of-a-kind location. Here at the most eastern tip of Mexico, you are surrounded on three sides by the beauty of the azure Caribbean Sea — the only resort in Cancun with this remarkable location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Hotel
- Camino Real Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Dream Resort
- Dreams Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Dreams Hotel
- Dreams Resort Cancun Mexico