This was our 8th visit to Dreams.We consider it our Mexican Home.We first visited Dreams in April 2009.We were very impressed with the resort especially the services provided by the excellent hard working staff. The staff treats you like family and they meet all your needs in a timely hospitable manner.
We were very sad to hear that Dreams was sold and that they would be closing for renovations as of April 20th.We are hoping that there will not be a great change in the resort or the staff. We are aware that there are problems with the infrastructure (plumbing -roof leaks etc.).We are also hoping that they do not change the structure of the pyramid.(We heard a famous Mexican architect designed it ). Hopefully the resort will not be made too large -because that could take away from the resorts charm (presently the resort is nice and cozy and not overcrowded even at 100%).Mr. De Brouwer and the other administrators continue to provide good leadership to a terrific staff.I cannot say enough positives about everyone who works at Dreams.All of the employees work so hard daily to upkeep this beautiful resort. They also make each guest feel special.We have made many friends on the staff. We learned that there is a very low staff turnover and that many of them have several years of service at this resort.We are hoping that the new ownership will offer the positions to the present staff and provide them with work until the hotel reopens. Granted s beautiful building and the location are very important - however it is the people who run the hotel and the staff who work there make it feel like a home which leads to a very successful resort.
We would like to thank our Dreams family for making our 8th visit another wonderful memorable visit.We will be returning in March to say goodbye to Dreams and our family there.
We also plan to return after the renovations and we hope to find the same charm,warmth,hospitality and many of the same employees.
To get a complete overview of Dreams -- Please read my Trip Advisor Review on May 7th 2012(Life becomes a wonderful getaway at Dreams Cancun).
Finally i would like to say that anyone who does not have their dream vacation at Dreams-Probably will not find it anywhere. This resort has it all and the great management and staff make it all work. Planning a visit to Dreams before April 20 th -- Please e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns -- Lalo -- at -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sophisticated readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Dreams Cancun one of the Top Ten Resorts in Mexico. Travel industry publication TravelAge West also honored Dreams Cancun with its prestigious Wave Award, naming it Best All-Inclusive Resort, Mexico. Rave reviews plus Unlimited-Luxury® — both excellent indications that things are very special here.Cancun is a friendly and bustling city voted as the #9 Best Destination in the Caribbean and Mexico for the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards. Yet within our lush 7.1 oceanfront acres, you will be serenely tucked away. One reason is our one-of-a-kind location. Here at the most eastern tip of Mexico, you are surrounded on three sides by the beauty of the azure Caribbean Sea — the only resort in Cancun with this remarkable location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Hotel
- Camino Real Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Dream Resort
- Dreams Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Dreams Hotel
- Dreams Resort Cancun Mexico