I read all the reviews before we went and was truly nervous about going based on them because there was a lot of negative stuff! DO NOT LISTEN to the negative!!! Everything
was wonderful...we had no problems and went the week of spring break with a 11 & 8 year old.
Location could not be beat...beautiful views from every angle..I stayed on the smaller beach...go early to find a chair and take more than just a towel to save it..water is calm and you can walk out a very long ways and it is still waist high...great for kids. They loved the pool too.
Make sure you swim with the dolphins..an unforgettable experience..my son and I did trainer for a day...only $40 more per person and we got about 4 hours with them and learned alot about their care...had lots of one on one time with our trainer Christina and our dolphin Bayli...even got to brush her teeth! We learned how to give signals and how they learn to do the tricks...it was great! Will remember that day forever!
We also stayed on the dolphin side of the pyramid and our room was great. We had a great view of the ocean and could watch the dolphins 24/7. Ate at the world cafe alot because it was easy..they always had something for my picky eaters. Also loved the tuna streak at oceana and seaside was great for lunch...had kids so couldn't go there for dinner..but would have really liked to because everything we had there was great. My daughter's 2 favorite things were the banana muffins at cocoa cafe and mango tangos (no alcohol of course). Still talking about when we can go back! We did receive champagne and cool towels while checking in and everyone was just as nice as they could be and genuinely tried to make us feel welcome. Thanks to all the wait staff who kept our drinks full and even made the kids feel special..kids club was great for younger kids..would be nice if they had something more for the "tweens".
I did feel very safe at this resort..even felt the kids were safe to go to the room or the gift shop. Bothers me to see reviews about theft...there is a safe in your room...use it.
I would not say this is a 5 star resort...but it was clean, very nice and not overly crowded. The staff and food was great and we loved it. Had an awesome vacation and Would recommend to anyone!! Oh and get a sun shirt and lots of
Location can't be beat...beautiful views from
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sophisticated readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Dreams Cancun one of the Top Ten Resorts in Mexico. Travel industry publication TravelAge West also honored Dreams Cancun with its prestigious Wave Award, naming it Best All-Inclusive Resort, Mexico. Rave reviews plus Unlimited-Luxury® — both excellent indications that things are very special here.Cancun is a friendly and bustling city voted as the #9 Best Destination in the Caribbean and Mexico for the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards. Yet within our lush 7.1 oceanfront acres, you will be serenely tucked away. One reason is our one-of-a-kind location. Here at the most eastern tip of Mexico, you are surrounded on three sides by the beauty of the azure Caribbean Sea — the only resort in Cancun with this remarkable location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Splendia and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Hotel
- Camino Real Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Dream Resort
- Dreams Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Dreams Hotel
- Dreams Resort Cancun Mexico