“Excellent Service and Spectacular Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Cancun

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Punta Cancun s/n, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa)   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service and Spectacular Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Dreams Cancun. The service here is the best I’ve encountered in Cancun and the location is spectacular with ocean views on 2 sides of the property. However, the rooms and venues are in need to updating and the food was just OK. If the hotel were to update these items they would really have a gem on their hands. I can overlook a lot of things when it comes to good service and this was the case at Dreams.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the ocean - not the dolphins. Tower rooms are newer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DreamsEconcierge, Social Media Coordinator at Hyatt Ziva Cancun, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Teafordwill,

Thank you very much for staying recently with us and writing a comment about your vacation.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and wish to thank you very much for your gracious comments about our hotel services and associates. We are very proud of our staff and believe they are the finest in Cancun. Sorry that you did not find our facilities to your expectations and I do hope that our other services where up to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcome you back to Dreams Cancún in the near future.

Kind regards,

Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Polish first
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just got back from a two week visit with my husband,sister and brother in-law and were treated great from the minute we stepped out of the van. Check in was easy with Pablo and our room was great. We had an ocean view from our 5th floor room that felt like we were on a cruise ship..Bed was comfy and clean,,bathroom was updated and no smell of mold at all. Weve been to 6 all-inclusives in the mayan and the food here was the best we've had yet. Never got bored of the selection and lots of variety.Our family enjoys good wine and the selection at Dreams was very good. The entertainment staff was Great.. Early morning stretch classes were awesome with Kayla,,Emily made Zumba so much fun,Etzel was entertaining and Benito was fun all day long..We had great drink service on the beach from Sergio..He never let your glass go empty and always had good suggestions of new drinks to try. In the evening we were never dissapointed with the shows..Great Fire show and the GREASE SHOW was the best entertainment weve ever seen in an all inclusive resort. We booked a photo session with Gusbar and were extremely impressed...too many great shots to choose from.!!! We were convinced to go out one night to THE CITY night club..Kayla and Benito took awesome care of us and made sure we all had an awesome time...My husband spoke to Rodrigo in the Scuba club and was extremely impressed with his knowledge . He never got the chance to try it as the winds were bad...maybe on our next trip....All in all a Great Trip in a really nice resort...would highly recommend to friends and people with kids......Almost forgot to mention...the Dolphin pools at the resort were great for daily entertainment....

Room Tip: room 5218 was great with an awesome view
Dear Paula B.

We were glad to have you and your family at Dreams Cancun, and we do appreciate your valuable comments regarding our hotel rooms and our service as well.

We are very proud of our staff and believe they are the finest in Cancun. Your comments endorse this belief and are a great testimony to our team’s dedication and professionalism.

We are hoping to have the chance to welcome you back in Dreams Cancun; it would be a pleasure for me and all my associates.

Cordially,

Braintree, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very pretty resort. Food was OK, could have been a few more choices but always plenty to eat. Thought staff was friendly & attentive...some more than others. Once I was settled on the beach I never had to get a drink & they would bring you whatever you wanted to eat. Always someone cleaning; washing and waxing tile floors, cleaning light on walk ways, trimming, watering & maintaining grounds etc. Shows that I saw were small but the were fun. Like the Fire Show. I suppose there could have been some additional entertainment staff but the staff they had worked very hard & I found them very entertaining & friendly. If you are there with a large group be prepared not to dine together outside of breakfast...that was stupid. And bring your own cup to the beach & the pool bar...trust me on that. But those were my only two real complaints.

Room Tip: Ocean side of the Dolphin looked nice. Nothing stopping you from going over to preferred if you we...
Dear Joe C,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor about your experience regarding your recent visit to Dreams Cancún.

Thank you for mentioning the issue that you had with the arrangement of the table at the restaurant; it has been discussed with the food and beverage manager for their review and action.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dreams Cancun soon.

Best regards,

kassad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was our 3rd time staying at Dreams. We love it there! We traveled with a group of 9 people. The last time we were there they had no problem putting 9 people together in the restaurants. Obviously not an issue in the main dining hall as they have plenty of big tables. One evening, Oceana was not crowded at all, had plastic tables and chairs outside and still we had to sit our party at two separate tables. Seems like once you go past 8 people they have to split you up. I would think the resort would try to be a little more flexible and would want to accommodate large families vacationing together at their resort. In the US, it would be unheard of for a restaurant to not be able to sit a party of 9! We love the beach lagoon area the best, it's so peaceful and beautiful. Plenty of beach activities, snorkeling, paddle boarding and kayaking. We LOVE the steakhouse but were disappointed we couldn't take kids there this time. It is the best restaurant by far. This time we also tried the Authentic Mexican restaurant next door to the resort. They have a special menu for resort guests and everything is included. The food is outstanding as well as the entertaining service. My only gripe. again, they refused to sit 9 people together unless we purchased a $50 bottle of wine. For a small group though there would be no additional cost, or if we had agreed to sit at separate tables. We bit the bullet and bought the wine. As always the Entertainment staff did a great job! Their performance of Grease was outstanding.

Room Tip: Check the Air conditioning and safe right away, before you unpack.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed with family ages 8-52 and they did have something there for everyone. We stayed in the preferred and some stayed with the dolphins. The preferred is really not preferred everyone can join in. Definitely not worth the price. Rooms are very simple with awful bathrooms. The service not the same as other Dreams we stayed in. Just o'k. Some rude some friendly never really experienced this at a Dreams before. We had a theft the first day after turndown service all the money hidden in a pocketbook in a zippered suitcase was take every last dollar over $500 and honestly the managaer Monica did not do anything to make it right. Very horrible experience and we talked to others at the resort who where also robbed. There is nothing special here at this hotel. I would not return. I have stayed at many all inclusives in Mexico and other places and this does not even compare. The location is nice but you do have alot of walking. The food was not very good. No snacks no little extras not what I usually get at AM Resort properties. Plenty of towels and no wristbands a plus. Do not like that you need a reservation at the Mexican restraunt so we never got to go there..every day sorry no availability. This is what I like about Dreams...no reservation. Did go to CoCo Bongo on a "Private Deal" from Raul concierge...ripped up off we payed way more that what is cost and he was no where to be found after that.He said we payed more so the tips would be included that was a lie in addition to the $100 extra we payed him in cash bye the way we still had to tip when we got there. I do not like someone lying and taking advantage..again this never happened at any other Dreams properties. He checked us in so I thought maybe he would get a spa treatment or something for us after the theft...no nothing at all...Not even a sorry. The entertainment was just ok. Desires was fun but the mold smell was terrible. The bathrooms also terrible. The lagoon beach was fun and relaxing. The pool is just awful & swimup bar awful. The grounds are pretty but you can just come and go as you please no one cares who you are or where your room is. Never used room service because I heard it was always a long wait and the food was really terrible anyways. Drinks were plentiful and plenty of bars. My favorite drinks were from Pedro and I would walk back just to get a Mojito from him everyday he was working. Beach and pool service was ok and trust me we tipped and they waited for the tips. I did enjoy my vacation however felt that for what we payed it was not worth it. I did like the beach but honestly that was it. I can not even say the service made up for everything else because it did not. Usually you hear it was my pleasure that was far and few between. Breakfast was consistently good and no problem sitting together there.You would ask at lunch to sit together and they wanted to charge you they really put up a fuss...it is a family resort right?? The $400 credits were a joke. The airconditioning and tv were a problem as was the internet. We did move our room after 2 attempts and 5 hours to get the airconditioning fixed. View nice but furniture everywhere is uncomfortable. If you like pools do not go here. The entertainment team tries but really not very good. No nice lobby anywhere not really cool anywhere. Overall I would rate this property a 3 star and I am being generous. Vacation time is so precious so I left disappointed and will not return to this property and may need to rethink all the AM Resorts. I loved where I stayed last year and it was not an AM resorts maybe I will have to reconsider this for my next vacation.

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The staff is extremely polite and friendly and do a fantastic job attending to your needs. Best bartender on the beach is Jorge. He works extremely hard running around serving the vacationers. Even though it's all-inclusive and gratuities are included, please tip. It's extremely appreciated.

Room Tip: Ocean front if you want it more quiet than watching the dolphins all day.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I visited Dreams with a girlfriend and few close family members 4/10-4/14. My overall favorite thing about this resort was the BEACH! The location and views were all unbelievable. Now I know why there were so many weddings going on...beyond perfect.

Rooms: No problems whatsoever with our room. We had a wonderful view of the ocean (water hitting the rocks was not loud at all) directly out our door was a point we could sit at and watch the waves roll in...so relaxing. Air was cold, TV worked....no complaints!

Food: We went to Oceana our 1st night...such a disappointment. They seemed understaffed and food was not good (salad was a joke, steak was tough and was a flank steak rather than a fillet). I highly recommend Sea Side - #1 Service, AMAZING food (try the fajitas) great views...when I go back I will make it a point to eat here every night. My favorite room service request was the taco's & macaroni & cheese...yum!

Beach/Pool: Entertainment team had all kinds of fun activites by the pool however we spent our time on the beach. We packed our $5 floats from Wal-Mart and blew these up once we arrived...we spent the entire 5 days foating in the ocean. Jorge is great and tended to our every need, he always had our next drink on order. Swing Bar & Sugar Reef were my favorite drink spots!

Nightlife (Reason they're not getting 5 Stars): I really wish they'd incorporate some music in to the piano bar area. Don't get me wrong, the entertainment team put on some fantastic shows but afterwards we'd venture over to the lounge bar, they had great seating outside but if the piano wasn't playing...there would be no music at all....and after a few drinks, I was ready for bed! They could really liven it up and make it fun...even if it's only a couple nights a week. They have light music near the pool during the day but nothing along the beach. One morning they had aerobics going on and the music was GREAT, but as soon as it was over...the music stopped. I wish they'd keep it going during the afternoon.

My friend and I walked next door to the gas station around midnight for some medicine, not scary at all. We got some neat stuff at the flea market one evening...make sure you bargin. I also recommend checking out the hotel gift shop for coverups/hats. Ladies, they have some really cute things, not too expensive at all.

Thanks for a wonderful vacation, can't wait to be back.

Room Tip: Our room was 1st floor next to elevator. It got a bit noisey around 7am when kids were up and excit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Ziva Cancun? Share your experiences!