“A letter I sent to Management that I never received a response for..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Punta Cancun s/n, Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $350 Air Credit!
Ranked #47 of 175 hotels in Cancun
“A letter I sent to Management that I never received a response for..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

"I recently stayed at Dreams Cancun. Give or take less than a week ago for a wedding. Although, I loved the location of your resort, the food, your servers, housekeeping and wake up call.. I definitely would NOT recommend your resort because of the following: 1) we had three of our room plugs not working 2) and when I called front desk, I had to call three times for someone to send a technician to fix it. 3) we had no patio chairs, unlike all the other rooms 4) and again, I called front desk multiple times to no success that I just decided to give up on the matter. 5) front desk = plain rude!!! But there was one lady there that was very nice even when I asked for a manager, but everyone else was just RUDE and unhelpful.

These issues made my trip slightly unpleasant. I currently work for a travel agency, and I've told my colleagues about my issues and they are also not impressed. What is supposed to be a 5-star resort, simply was a 3/3.5-star. I am not sorry for my opinion and I hope (for your resort's future benefit) that you take my opinion and use this knowledge to better the resort and a customer's vacation.

Thank you very much for reading this."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DreamsEconcierge, Social Media Coordinator at Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Stephanietiffany,

Thank you very much for staying recently with us and writing a comment about your vacation.

Please do accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We a sure you that actions are been taken to prevent situation like this form happening once again.

Again, I sincerely apologize that you did not have a perfect stay at Dreams Cancun, and that we felt short of your expectations. We are extremely sorry that you had a bad experience with us and I do hope that we are going to be able to restore your confidence into our brand.

Best regards,

3,732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We upgraded our room (which is a must) and when we arrived to cool towels and mango flavored water, they told us that they over-booked and upgraded our upgrade! So we were placed in the top of the tower with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, dining table, terrace with a Jacuzzi. Can't say enough about this room. Best view of the two beaches plus a private pool not many people knew about or came to. Staff is attentive and the drinks are strong. Food is good and the room service is amazing. Loved this resort!

Room Tip: Upgrade if at all possible to stay in the towers!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sweetipy448,

We really wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Dreams Cancun with others.

Your experience of the service to our guests is exactly what we are working for and we are very happy of receiving such appreciation of you. From the beginning till the end of your stay we want that you to feel welcome, that you enjoy our services and are pampered all the way.

Hopefully you will come back soon to refresh your memories. It would be a pleasure to be of any assistance for you to organize your next visit.

Cordially,
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I just returned home from a week at Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa. I was a little nervous b/c we don't have kids and Dreams is such family friendly place but truly, it is a fantastic hotel for any person of any age! The location is great - just a 5 min. walk to the best nightlife cancun has to offer - Daddy-O's, Coco Bongo, Mandela, Carlos n Charlie's, etc. The Entertainment Staff offers plenty to do all day long, the hotel staff is extremly friendly, and the maid service is excellent (they come twice a day). The food was very good and the drinks were constantly flowing. I would absolutely go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Spillka,

I am hoping to have the chance to welcome you back in Dreams Cancun; it would be a pleasure for me and all my associates.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We just got home from our amazing stay at Dreams. This was our first trip to Mexico. We were traveling with our 9 and 12 year old sons.
We were promptly greeted by Oscar who took us through the resort to the tower check in. Fabulous view of the ocean. Clean simple room. I agree with previous comments that the patio door gets noisy from the wind. Get room service- they were prompt and always courteous. The beaches are great- one is larger, a longer walk from the hotelwith rougher waves. The other one is a small bay perfect for swimming, floating and kayak. More crowded. They had a giant blown up slide set up which our kids enjoyed. The service on the beach was awesome- we tipped and they brought drinks all day long. The lagoon was nice for snorkeling. The dolphin swim was absolutely worth the extra expense. We had a massage which was fine. The restaurants were good. We did not have to wait to be seated. No reservation needed unless you go to the Mexican Paloma. Compared to other resorts we have been to:no sales pitch, no bracelets, no towel restrictions. The entertainment team was fun and enthusiastic! Thanks for Zumba and soccer-- all had fun. Try the morning yoga in the gazebo---
We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Qfrench,

The kind review that you have left on this website is very welcomed by me and all the Dreams Cancun associates. We are happy to read that you had a wonderful time at our hotel. It was an honor for me and all team to have you as a guest at Dreams Cancún.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at Dreams last February, 2012 and it was wonderful. As a single mother I was a little nervous traveling alone to Mexico. The place was perfect, safe and family friendly for sure. It only took 8 months before I booked my next trip. I am leaving in about a week to spend another week with my son at Dreams. I can't wait. I love the little beach and will plant myself there the whole week. The calm snorkeling water is awesome for my son. The pool is fine but not impressive compared with the many amazing pools in Cancun. But, I honestly don't go there for the pool, I love the beach and this is the best beach in Cancun. I've been to many others and while beautiful, the waters do get rough. Not here on this perfect little cove set at the end of the strip. The dolphins become like friends to my son and he and I are both extremely excited to return. :)

Room Tip: Although the dolphin rooms are cool, at night I would wake up from them smacking the water and inter...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jessie M,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share our experience with us. Your comments encourage us to maintain the high level of service that our guests expect and deserve.

I am happy to read that you had a wonderful time at our resort. It was an honor for me and my team to have you as a guest at Dreams Cancún.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance for you should you be thinking about coming back to Dreams Cancún

Best regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We loved Dreams Cancun.The all inclusive was amazing: 24hr room included room service (definitely do breakfast in bed!), included mini bar, 5 restaurants (only one of which needs a reservation), good drinks. Drinks seemed a little weak so definitely ask for double shots of alcohol. Tip the staff because they're awesome. The Japanese restaurant on the beach was our favorite. We got a 5th fl oceanfront view room with a balcony which was amazing. No need to upgrade to the tower. Love that there was always chairs available. This place is great because there's no wristbands, reservations for restaurants, or towel key cards. It's just really easy. The proximity to the nightlife is great (5min walk). We went during peak spring break time as a couple and loved that it wasn't crazy. Just lots of couples and families. The dolphin experience was amazing, do it! The jet skis are also awesome (only $60 for two ppl for 30 min). Snorkeling, kayak, boards are free to use. The beaches are lovely, one side you can literally lay on a chair at the edge of the water and the other side the beach is huge and you're far from the water. The third waterfront edge is rocks but beautiful to walk the grounds and view that side as well. The night lounge at the hotel "Desire" was pretty dead but the entertainment staff worked hard. Beach volleyball was always going and the pools are nice. Really enjoyed our time and would love to come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have stayed in many all inclusives, so lots to compare to. Went with a family of 12, ages ranging from 7-70. We all loved it. Small enough that you could find everyone, didn't have to walk for miles to get to your room or pool. Gorgeous decor, in the lobby and bars. Buffet was smaller than other places we've been, but lots of food options. I felt I could eat healthy every meal (if I chose to!) . Food was a bit inconsistent, you could tell that certain items are limited, they only brought them out once/twice or if it ran out, then they didn't replace it. However, whenever this happened I asked the very attentive waiters and they brought me a sample of this item, with a "it's a pleasure" - This was the common reply.
My only suggestion would be , more chocolate desserts. Not sure what the deal is with chocolate, but it was hard to find.
Coffee shop serving all the usual coffee drinks, and pastries/sandwiches, and baileys milkshakes!
The location is beautiful, restaurants are right on the beach, we had an oceanside room, literally steps from the ocean. Room was fine, clean and spacious.
Only 1 pool, which wasn't an issue for us, as it wasn't that busy, however, I could see this being an issue if it's a very busy time there. Get your chairs by 10 and you'll be fine.
I loved that this is not a massive resort, surprised that we had no line ups for food , or competing for chairs/beach spots. The restaurants were good, food was basically just buffet food 'fancied up a bit'. Sushi was good @ Himitsu.
Kids club had some interesting activities, my kids loved it - one night the kids had dinner on the beach and watched movies on a big screen ,cozy under blankets, around a fire pit. My kids only went once, so can't comment on it more than that.
Loved the pool /beach action, so many activities to keep everyone busy if you want --Zumba, volleyball, paddle boarding, kayaking, yoga, etc... and it's all included.
Drinks were yummy as usual. Food by the pool was excellent - burgers, sandwiches brought to you poolside.
Don't bother buying stuff from any of the on site shops, both are extremely expensive. If you need any snacks, etc, go to the OXO store next door. Or the many shops up the street in 'town'.
Shows were good, the best shows are in the Desires club, very entertaining, lots of great talent, no cheesy acts, like i've seen at other resorts. Worth your time checking them out.
I really loved this place, it had all that we needed for a relaxing, fun filled time, definitely felt like I was in paradise.

Room Tip: ocean side, 2nd floor if you want to walk out .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear RmfVancouver,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at our resort. We are happy to read that our employees made your trip so special. Their kindness and motivation is a valuable input giving an unforgettable memory and is the basis of a beautiful experience.

Your little paradise will be waiting for you.

With best wishes
Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!