Dreams Cancun is not the best or nicest hotel in the Cancun hotel strip, however it is not as expensive either. This hotel is worth every penny of what it costs to stay there. The only reason it is not as nice as some of the others either is because it is one of the oldest and original properties in Cancun. Also, a lot of people have been complaining about how outdated the hotel is, but like I said it is one of the original properties in Cancun. The resort also recently updated the bed linens, paint in the rooms, installed new flat screen tvs in all of the rooms, and ipod docs in all of the preferred club rooms.
My partner and I stayed on the 11th floor of the Preferred club tower in a one bedroom suite and the room was phenomenal. The room was large with a large balcony with a 2 person hot tub. And the views were AMAZING. From every window in the room we could see the entire Cancun strip, as the property is at the northern point of the hotel zone before the land turns west and heads back towards downtown Cancun. There was also a large dining table with seating for four, which was very useful when we decided to order room service (all included).
The beaches were also beautiful, and this is where we spent the majority of the time. On the preferred club side there was a huge beach and from the lounge chairs it would take quite a walk to get down to the water. I know some people have been complaining about this as well, but who cares to get the exercise to walk down to the water? I didn't. The waves on this side were a little bit larger, which was fun because you could do some body surfing in the waves. The beach on the other side of the resort was smaller, but there were plenty of chairs and we never had trouble getting two. The water on this side was a lot calmer and we were even able to do some snorkeling and paddle boarding in the water on this side (all included with the resort). When snorkeling we saw some barracuda, and a couple of sting rays swimming in the water below - pretty cool!
The restaurants were all great. My personal favorites were Himitsu (Sushi/Asian) and Seaside Grill (Steaks and Seafood). Himitsu is right on the water, so while you are dining on the delicious food you are able to hear the waves crashing and feel the nice sea breeze. Seaside Grill is also outside on the other side of the hotel right on the beach. Seaside Grill is adults only at night and the service here is a little bit better than the rest. The portions of the food are the size that portions are supposed to be (smaller than what you get in the States) which some people may not like. At the same time, you can order as much as you want. There were nights where we would get two appetizers, two salads, two main courses, and three deserts just so we could try some of the different things on the menu. There was also a taco stand during the day by Oceana (one of the restraints) that had amazing chorizo tacos and an amazing habanero salsa to go on them.
As for drinks we got whatever we wanted. When we checked in we were immediately offered a beverage. While sitting in the preferred lounge or lounging on the beach there was ALWAYS someone coming around asking if they could bring you anything - and it was quick.
The service at any of the AM Resorts is always impeccable. I think that is how the staff is all trained, but it is a nice touch when you are trying to have a relaxing vacation.
The entertainment team was great. There were a few rainy days which was very unfortunate. We were sitting in the lobby playing board games and sipping cocktails, and Itzel from the entertainment team came over and started playing the game with us and chatting with us to make sure that we were still having a good time. For the rest of the week while we were there she would make a point to come over and ask us how we were and make sure that we were happy with our stay. She was great!
The dolphins are so cool to watch everyday as well. During the day or even at night they are always swimming around doing their thing which was really cool as this is something I have never really seen before.
Overall, I got everything that I was expecting from this resort if not more. The suite with the jacuzzi on the balcony was more than I was expecting and the views from the room of the hotel strip and the ocean was amazing. Service was excellent. Food and drinks were great. I don't have any complaints at all. We definitely think we got what we paid for if not even a little bit more in terms of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sophisticated readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Dreams Cancun one of the Top Ten Resorts in Mexico. Travel industry publication TravelAge West also honored Dreams Cancun with its prestigious Wave Award, naming it Best All-Inclusive Resort, Mexico. Rave reviews plus Unlimited-Luxury® — both excellent indications that things are very special here.Cancun is a friendly and bustling city voted as the #9 Best Destination in the Caribbean and Mexico for the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards. Yet within our lush 7.1 oceanfront acres, you will be serenely tucked away. One reason is our one-of-a-kind location. Here at the most eastern tip of Mexico, you are surrounded on three sides by the beauty of the azure Caribbean Sea — the only resort in Cancun with this remarkable location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Hotel
- Camino Real Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Dream Resort
- Dreams Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Dreams Hotel
- Dreams Resort Cancun Mexico