Let me start out first by saying, do not be weary of any negative reviews you read on this site. I was a little worried before going, after I read some sour reviews. The only way you will NOT love this place is if you are one of those notorious, obnoxious miserable people who thrive to complain. Ok... now with that being said...
We stayed at Dreams Cancun from 11/24 - 11/30, and what will remain in our memories is how we were treated so kindly and respectfully. The staff was very warm and friendly, and always looking to get you whatever you want. Check in was a breeze, and our room overlooked the dolphins and beach. The room was cleaned twice a day, and the bed was VERY comfy. Decor is the room is modern and relaxing - no cheesy cheap floral quilts here!
Food was great - My husband is a total "meat & potatos" typical Irish, and I am a vegetarian, and we were both in heaven with the food. There is a great array of options, and the "World Cafe" seemed to have a theme night of diff. food every night. Don't miss the Mexican buffet, it was awesome!!
The beaches were clean, and you had your options of pools and beaches, and there was always within a few feet either a bar, or waiter walking around taking drink orders. We found it hard not to tip a little extra here and there, because the staff was just so personable and genuine.
If I was forced to make a complaint, I would say the spa was a bit too pricey. We got a couples massage, and I got a facial - which cost $365, and I've recieved better for much less - so if I stay there again (which I am sure we will) I'll skip the spa.
All in all, for what you pay for this hotel, which seems to be the "middle of the road" of prices, you get SO MUCH!!! Beautiful beaches, great staff, wonderful food and bottomless drinks... isn't that what vacation is all about?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sophisticated readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine named Dreams Cancun one of the Top Ten Resorts in Mexico. Travel industry publication TravelAge West also honored Dreams Cancun with its prestigious Wave Award, naming it Best All-Inclusive Resort, Mexico. Rave reviews plus Unlimited-Luxury® — both excellent indications that things are very special here.Cancun is a friendly and bustling city voted as the #9 Best Destination in the Caribbean and Mexico for the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards. Yet within our lush 7.1 oceanfront acres, you will be serenely tucked away. One reason is our one-of-a-kind location. Here at the most eastern tip of Mexico, you are surrounded on three sides by the beauty of the azure Caribbean Sea — the only resort in Cancun with this remarkable location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Otel, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
- Dreams Hotel Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Hotel
- Camino Real Cancun
- Dreams Cancun Mexico
- Cancun Dream Resort
- Dreams Resort Spa Cancun
- Cancun Dreams Hotel
- Dreams Resort Cancun Mexico