“Best Vacation We Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Retorno del Rey 36 | Zona Hotelera, Quintana Roo, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$100 Resort Credit & More
Ranked #13 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
new jersey
“Best Vacation We Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

My wife and I (along with our 2 children - ages 22 and 16) just returned from an absolutely wonderful week at the Ritz Carlton in Cancun. Having stayed at other Ritz Carlton hotels (last year at the San Juan Puerto Rico Ritz), this one was recommended as one of their nicest properties and it truly is. My whole family agreed that this was probably the nicest and cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at, with very very efficient and quality service.

From check-in to check-out, the Ritz staff went out of their way to make our trip the best we have ever experienced. My wife and I had an ocean-front suite on the 6th floor overlooking the ocean, with the children in an adjoining ocean front room. The decor was very understated elegance, and impeccably clean, with great bedding linens and beautiful marble baths.

Hotel occupancy has clearly been impacted by the economy and swine flu scare, so while the hotel was quite quiet, we loved it anyway. The beach is small due the the impact the last hurricane, but the ocean is spectacular. It was pretty rough the first half of our week, but our children loved it because they could body-surf. The ocean colors and temperature were fantastic. We lounged on the pool terraces, overlooking the ocean, and found the pool boys and waiters to be terrific. A pool waiter named Rueben, was the absolute best, always anticipating our needs for drinks, ice, replacing wet towels etc.

We had breakfast each day the hotel, included in our room rate. The breakfast was great, especially the buffets on the weekend. Top notch and a great selection to appease everyone.

We dined two nights in the Club Grille, and while expensive, the food and service was impeccable. Miguel at the Concierge, was very helpful in suggesting nearby restaurants for the others nights and we found several great restaurants (Harry's Steakhouse, Puerto Medera, Cenecola) within walking distance or s short taxi ride.

We had fantastic weather the week we were there, no rain and sunshine very day. The nights were very comfortable, with lower humidity. Lastly, we used USA Transfers for our hotel transfers (based on a review from someone else at the Ritz). The service was very reasonable and extremely simple and punctual. They have a website and it was so easy to book in advacne for transfers to and from the airport. I would definitely recommend this.

We picked the Ritz for their reputation of great quality of hotel and terrific service and they delviered on every front. We look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
glendale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

My family and I have traveled around the world several times and stayed at
numerous hotels in Europe, Asia, Middle East and North America, but this
hotel, by far was the best we have ever experienced. Ritz Carlton and its
employees truly deserve more stars than 5! From the minute you arrive they
pamper you with high quality VIP service, to the extend that you think you
are the only guest in the hotel. . .
From the people at front desk, the concierge, and the doormen, to the crew
of the pool services, and restaurants. . . all are highly trained
professionals, extremely friendly and knowing exactly what you are looking
for at any given time.
I like to thank everyone once again for making this trip an enjoyable and
unforgettable one for me and my family, and highly recommend Ritz Carlton
to everyone looking for a true personal touch in customer care, I assure
you it will exceed your expectations.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

If you need to get away and be completely pampered, this is the place for you.The Ritz Carlton in Cancun will take care of you and show you special attention to detail and give you things you never knew you even needed..Go for the extra -it's well worth the money-and stay on the Concierge Level. Mildred the manager is a delight and the whole staff will make sure your every whim is taken care of.We are looking forward to our stay this year for the third year in a row. This is always a girls trip- myself, mom and sister , but I can certainly see also visiting with my spouse.Our first trip was my 50th birthday celebration and no stone was left unturned.After staying here, no resort even can come close.The food is exceptional with plenty of options in dining to choose from. Another special treat is dining in the casitas on the beach.If your timing is right you can experience a beautiful ceremony where staff and guests,get together at dusk during certain times of the year,to release baby turtles back to their home in the ocean.All the way around it is an unforgettable experience.
HM

• Stayed November 2008
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

First thing, THERE IS NO SWINE FLU IN CANCUN! What a hoax. This place is the closest thing to heaven on earth imaginably.
The Ritz Carlton Cancun is superior comfort sprinkled with 24 carat class. It is amazing to receive so much peace and serenity for a weeks’ vacation.
We almost cancelled our Vacation to the Ritz Carlton Club level due to the Swine risk, and are very Grateful we did not.
Did I mention the Vacation was very peaceful and relaxing? I did a lot of reading and meditation, and napping, and eating, and working out a little. Sauna's every day along with Beautiful Ocean and beach. The Ritz Carlton people are experts at hospitality and make you feel like a King. The Service was out of this world! Everyone calling you Mr. and Mrs….(last name).
All in all, this has been my best Vacation, and I have been on many Vacations in the Caribbean and throughout the world. It even beat the Four Seasons Club Level in Maui, although it was close.
My wife had unlimited drinks and I had unlimited Tea's, (High Quality Loose and Bagged), and Coffee, (freshly ground), throughout our entire stay. Personal preferences.
The food is very good and room service is phenomenal. You defiantly have to experience the Room service early in your stay, so you can do it again before you leave. The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable, and the workout center is equipped with only the best equipment, which includes an Equliptus steam room with a Dry Sauna, his and hers. Throughout the entire Hotel/ Resort is nothing but the highest quality Art, furniture and Elegant items.
WARNING: If you chose to go to the Ritz Carlton Cancun, You will definitely return. You can get some Fabulous deals by researching the I-net and cancellations are pretty easy to do…But not recommended.
The staff remembered us from two years ago, and were happy to see us again. When you arrive, they all say, “Welcome Home”, and it truly feels like home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

My family and I have been visiting that property for the past 7 years, several times a year. The hotel is fantastic and to be frank, you can not find a better location in Cancun. Even though you are in the hotel district, it remains exclusive to its guests.
The staff is one of the best I have met and they go above and beyond to ensure your every need is meet.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

We just returned from an wonderful trip to the Ritz-Carlton Cancun. Please do not let all the media hype keep you from visiting Cancun. The weather was absolutely perfect for 6 straight days. The Ritz was fantastic. The service was first class in every way and the food was excellent. The pool staff was extremely attentive from lounge chair assistance to drink and snack service. The concierges were very friendly and helpful in reservations and services. We stayed on the Club level and enjoyed all the little extra amenities. We were very, very pleased with our visit and happy we made the decision to not change our plans. If you haven't visited the Ritz-Carlton Cancun, you are really missing a special experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

The resort is the best. Mildred, the manager on the club floor and her entire staff is fantastic. We went May 19 - 25 and no sign of the "flu" anywhere in Cancun, please do not let this delay your visit. We have been going to the Ritz for over 12 years and would not consider any other place. The beach is great and the water is the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. TV in room is outdated, but I don't go to the beach to watch TV, so it does not matter to me. Simply the best!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun? Share your experiences!