We recently stayed at the Ritz with a group of 6 adults. We were there in mid-January so the hotel was pretty quiet but we had a great time and the weather was fantastic. We have never had such great service at a hotel. After checking in on our first day, we had some drinks and food at the pool-side restaurant. The prices were reasonable/as-expected considering it's the Ritz. The food and drinks were great! We never had a meal or drink that we didn't like.
The consierge suggested other great options for dinner outside the hotel as well. We went to Harry's across the street which is a steak/seafood place. It was delicious! There were several options for dinner close by. We also went to a Mexican restaurant suggested by the hotel and it was fantastic. That night we caught a cab to "Party Central" (nightclub area) and went to a few bars. For some reason it wasn't as fun as it was back in high school but still a good time :). We also ate at the Casitas restaurant at the hotel which is on the beach. We reserved a private cabanna for our group (also my birthday dinner) and it was amazing! We ate a fantastic meal on the beach with a lighted table, tiki torches, the whole 9 yards. I would highly suggest it - the rental was $150 but well worth the experience. The final night of our stay we ate at the Club Grill restaurant in the hotel. We were told this was the less formal of the two indoor restaurants. If this is the case, I can't imagine what the other restaurant is like! There was a dress code whereby men had to wear long pants, a collared shirt and dress shoes.
The meal included at least 6 courses included several items sent by the chef that we didn't order. They had about 6 different people attending our table. At the end of the meal, they gave the women a rose and box of chocolates - amazing! There is a breakfast buffet each day which is a little expensive if you're not a big breakfast eater. You can also order items off the menu which is less expensive.
The pools are great - heated! At first this seemed odd, but it was windy by the beach and once the sun went down it was so great to be able to jump in the warm pool. We also rented cabannas by the beach most days since we had a larger group. It was $150 per day and comes with water and two plates of food. You can also order additional items which are discounted from anything you order directly from the pool-side restaurant. The service was great as always and it was nice to have a spot to get out of the sun if necessary.
Our room was great and there was twice-daily service by housekeeping. You could tell they actually cleaned the room each time they were there - they didn't just arrange things. Overall our stay here was wonderful and worth the money. We would love to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Cancun Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Ritz Carlton Cancun
- Cancun Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Cancun
- Cancun Ritz-Carlton
- Cancun Ritz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considered one of the most elegant resorts in the world, The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, reflects Mexico's rich architectural heritage in an atmosphere of magnificent sophistication. Minutes from many lively and leisurely attractions, the resort features 365 guestrooms overlooking the sea, a 1,200-foot beach, sculpted outdoor swimming pools, a full service Spa, an impressive Culinary Center and award winning restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.