“Awesome! You need to stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ritz-Carlton Cancun

Save Saved
You added Ritz-Carlton Cancun to your Saves list
Ritz-Carlton Cancun
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Retorno del Rey 36 | Zona Hotelera, Quintana Roo, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$100 Resort Credit & More
Ranked #16 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Nashville
“Awesome! You need to stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I cannot begin to tell you how great I think this hotel is. Everthing about it is top notch. The food is so fantastic in every food outlet they have. You must try the Green Juice in the mornings I had it every day. At least I felt like I was starting the day healthy! The staff all knew my name and knew my preferences by the 2nd day of my stay. The pools are so pretty and relaxing and of course the beach, WOW!! If I were to point out any deficiencies I would say that the pillows were not all that comfortable. This place is worth a visit for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

1,368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If I were just rating the physical aspects of this property, I would probably give it 4 stars. It is a beautiful property and is kept in pristine condition, but it is older and it shows here and there.

The rooms was very spacious. I lucked out and got a room with a large patio/balcony. Too bad they do not all have that much room outside.

The beach is very spacious and the chair options are varied for every budget. Currently there is a shallow sandbar just off shore that made the typically unsafe cancun waters swimable in this area. This was the first time in several trips that I was actually able to make it out into the water beyond a depth of waist high without being concerned for my safety (and I am a good swimmer - that current is STRONG). Beach service was slow at times, but good . . .try the mango chili margarita . . . spectacular.

I did not get to try all of the dining options, but what I did try was very good. I particularly like the mexican place (where they serve breakfast) - try the cheese/chorizo dip. Delicious.

There is a little bit of a feeling of being nickled and dimed. The room rates at this property are very reasonable, but then you have to pay extra for every little thing. Personally, I would prefer it if they just raised the room rates or charged an upfront resort fee that covers the usual extras (like the Grand Cayman property does). In the end, it probably comes out about the same either way, but it is less bothersome to me to just pay it up front.

All that said, what really sets this property apart from all others in my book is the staff. They are amazing. Incredibly and genuinely helpful. They all made me smile every day.

This was my 6th trip to cancun but first to this Ritz property. I will never stay anywhere but here when returning to Cancun in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed with my family some weeks ago. I'm a frequent Ritz - Carlton guest so I always try to go for it business or family. This time I felt a little bit disappointed because of some "details" regarding the cleanliness of my room and others. The manager solved them as quick as possible. At the end of my experience I am very satisfied with the service as always. However, I was invited (that was really good) to speak with the General Manager about my "not perfect experiences" and he was very kind and deeply concerned of my expectations being covered. As I told him: There is a high risk for the Ritz-Carlton brand after being bought by Marriot: Costs, volume and other company issues might diminish the branding care. Thanks a lot as always!

Room Tip: Don't take the "ocean view", take the "Ocean Front", there are some bucks mo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We just spent a week at the Ritz in Cancun and it was more than delightful! I have to tell everyone who may be thinking about traveling to this property that they should book their flight. Of course the property is lovely, and rooms beautifully appointed (and new carpeting in the hallways!) but I must include a special thank you to the many staff members who made our stay memorable.
Feliz Navidad to Nayeli Santoya and Victor who met us every morning at breakfast with a warm smile and impeccable service (and special treats!!); Rene and Ohdemaris, Club level concierges who left no detail unchecked for us, and all the staff on 8 who made our snacks and drinks so tasty every afternoon and evening; Chef Rene's cooking class with Lina and Eva was delightful, informative and delicious, and of course Aaron and Diego at the pool and beach who made sure our towels were placed just so and lime daiquaris were cold and frosty. And a special hola to Ms. Selena and Salvador in the Club Grill for making us feel so special - Besame mucho!!
As I said, the property is beautiful but the staff made the trip memorable. Los Siento to all the other staff whose names I did not get (or if I spelled names wrong) but who made the moments special. Gracias and Feliz Navidad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Holland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you look at the other reviews for the Cancun Ritz-Carlton they talk about the beautiful beach, warm staff, and nice accommodations. I am in total agreement. The staff made us feels at home. They couldn't do enough for us!!! Very relaxed environment. The food was excellent at the breakfast buffet, restaurant and room service. We liked the place so much we are going back in February. Didn't do the spa we spent all our time on the beach.

There is another thing that is bringing us back. When we left a few weeks ago my wife by accident dropped a jewelry purse in the room. There were several valuable pieces in the purse including diamond earrings. My wife was very upset and I thought that I should check and see if we left it in our room. I know what you are thinking, fat chance you will see that again. Well to our surprise it had been turned in by the cleaning staff.

This is indicative of the staff of this hotel, warm, caring, honest people who work hard to make your stay special. They certainly did in our case and as I said we are going back in a few weeks. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

Room Tip: All Ocean Front Rooms with excellent views. We were on the second floor and we would have preferred...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Excellent service during our stay at the Ritz Carlton. Comfortable, clean and well appointed rooms with great small balconies overlooking the pool and beach. Very good restaurant experiences at both the lounge/Asian and cafe locations. The breakfast buffet was amazingly good with a very wide selection of food that offer local food choices as well as more familiar staples.

We did not visit the pool or beach areas however they looked pretty inviting.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach/pool are very enjoyable - sit on the balcony for a while.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Asuncion, Paraguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

It's great to be able to walk out of the hotel and in a few metres be in the warm sea. The beach facilities were excellent and the hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. The hotel itself I thought was a little tired and the rooms though spacious could do with an upgrade. Bed was really comfortable but the bathroom could have been better. For me it would be an average hotel but for the wonderful location and the excellent staff so if that is what your going for you can have a wonderful few days here but maybe there are cheaper hotels where the same is true.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ritz-Carlton Cancun? Share your experiences!