Technically I would give this hotel a 4.5 or 4.75 because the hotel decor is a little dated compared to some other hotels you might find on the strip (though it is still elegant), but I wouldn't downgrade it to a 4 simply because of that. Overall we had a fabulous time here.
We stayed at the Fiesta Americana for 4 nights as part of our anniversary trip in early July. We booked a Jr. Suite (Grand Club Level) through Orbitz, and we were not disappointed by our purchase. From start to finish the service was excellent, and the staff were always friendly and pleasant. Any complaints (even as small as returning to the pool to find your umbrella was moved) were addressed immediately, and the staff went out of their way to make your stay worthwhile. I especially want to mention Eduardo at the Grand Beach Cafe, Jesus at the club lounge, and the pool attendants Brandon and Gerardo. Thank you all!!
We would definitely recommend the club level, as you don't have to worry about extra or hidden fees (wifi is covered, as well as gym access), and we did enjoy having a bite to eat and drinks in the lounge in the afternoon. Most of the food (hors d'oeuvres style) we had not tried before, but they were great! (Note that there are two locations where you can have the grand club continental breakfast. One is the Grand club lounge on the 12th floor, and the other is the Grand Beach Cafe, which is outdoors and overlooks the beach.)
As mentioned before, while the building and decor are a little dated, it is still very elegant, and the Hotel can rightly pride itself on its gorgeous beach (no waves whatsoever, turquoise blue water, white sand. it was dreamy!) and pool area (huge, and heated, which is great for the late afternoon when it gets a bit chilly out). We never had a problem finding chairs at 10am, and didn't need to ask the attendants for extra chairs.
As for dining, we only tried La Joya, which was quite nice, as we went on one of their Mariachi nights (music a bit loud, but you have the option of sitting further back on the upper levels). The food was pretty good. Room service was also very nice, which we ordered twice.
The gym is great, air-conditioned with a view of the pool and beach. They have about 3 treadmills, 4 ellipticals, 3 bicycles, and weight machines. It's also well stocked with towels, water (dispenser and cups...maybe bottles would be better?), muffins, and fruit and juice in the morning.
The spa was wonderful. My husband and I each did the hydrotherapy ritual (separate sections for men and women), and we both enjoyed it. The $80 cost includes all day spa access, so it's worth it, as you can go back and try the steps of the ritual you liked most.
Overall I would recommend this place to any friends or family visiting. I would only refer them elsewhere if they preferred a more modern-luxury feel to their hotel and room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico